Whose banner is that?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Giddemore, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Giddemore Lorekeeper

Since banners are not targetable, is there any way to see whose particular banner it is that has been placed in a zone?
    CaRnon likes this.
  2. CaRnon Augur

good question. I can usualy tell by whos standing clost by the banner but it would be neat to target it and see "random guilds's banner" or have the name above it like (Random guilds banner)

btw anyone wanna join my alt guild random guilds? 8)
  3. Ranpha Augur

Targetting of banners was removed because when standing near one it was impossible to target people as it would always target the banner.

Better just add the name, or some other method... but please don't make them targettable again :)
  4. Starry Journeyman

I May be wrong but i believe only the person that plants the banner can target it,and i was told that that person can shrink the banner as well.
  5. Giddemore Lorekeeper

The person who plants it cannot target it. I also agree I don't want them targetable again. I would like to see a name above it though, or the ability to edit the image more so that people can tell whose it is.
  6. Gannen Elder

or maybe add a NPC that stands at the banner that if you hail him, he tells you whose banner it is by repeating the guild's name, but an option for him to be upgraded for a fee to be a merchant selling reagents or a translocator that would TL to the guild hall portal (maybe with a special guild hall shard one would buy from him per person to be translocated back, thus not a free port...)

still on the guild banner, I've wanted to see some kind of banner for cloaks or a guild shield ornament that would allow one to display their guild banner...
  7. Cloudia Augur

Gah! putting an npc next to the banner brings back the whole problem making them untargetable was used to solve. Don't expect devs to add an npc for porting back to hall from banner, they already offer a decent option for this in the guild anchor ports for druid/wiz. Now campaigning to get a single target TL to guild anchor in addition to the mgb would be handy as there is no TL to secondary anchor.