Guide Event Advertisments - we've moved!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ryleth, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Ryleth Senior Guide

Hello Everyone,

Guide Event advertisements have moved again!

We are hosting our advertisements on the Guide Program forums now.

To receive the mailers unfortunately, you'll have to register on that site but it should be our home from now on.
    EverQuest Guide Events

Thanks for hanging in there with us, we hope to see you soon!
  2. Warpeace Augur

Glad to see you all got your own place.
  3. Ryleth Senior Guide

Just reminding everyone that we have now moved.

Roshen has added a link-back to our Guide Forums here on these forums for easier access to our events.

We appreciate your support and hope you continue to visit our forums for upcoming event announcements. As always, we are grateful to each player who participates in discussions and in our events.

*bows*
    Iila and Silv like this.
  4. Iila Augur

Ok, this is slightly better because there is now a link from the EQ forums to the place that guide events are being posted.

But why does it have to be a separate board? That link-back doesn't show the latest post or when there's new posts.

That link is taking up just as much UI space as a subforum would use. But isn't giving us nearly as much information as it would if it were a subforum. Can that EQ1 guide event forum just be copied over here so we can see new and latest post markers that we get on all the other subforums here?
    Ferry-Tunare, Yinla and Nniki like this.
  5. Ryleth Senior Guide

Unfortunately I can't answer some of these questions as that isn't up to the Guides.

However, we can suggest you set up a mailer by "Watch this Thread" for each of the main servers that you would like to watch. It would at least email you quickly with the new advertisement. I know that's not the optimal solution, but best we can offer.
    Phrovo1 and Iila like this.
  6. beryon Augur

Are you saying Daybreak is making you stop announcing events here? I think it's a really bad idea. Who do I complain to?

Also, where's the link Roshen put up? I'm not seeing it anywhere.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Ryleth Senior Guide

You should see a "link back" similar to the Player Studio one further down the main page which will automatically give you the guide events page for EverQuest. (EQII has a similar link back on their forums).

And yes, we won't be advertising our quests here any longer.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

This should get stickied to the top of the forum.
  9. Iila Augur

You should! It's much easier to see new things when there's a new post notification on a board that EQ players are watching.
    Yinla likes this.
  10. Ryleth Senior Guide

Unfortunately the decision was made to move to our Guide Forums.

Thank you for the support, means a lot!
  11. Grummy_NB Augur

unfortunately, I feel this move is to no where. I enjoyed hearing about events on other servers and looked for mine. Now that you are gone, I will not hear anymore. good luck!
  12. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Please close guide events. If they're not able to post on our forums so that we know about the events, there's no point in wasting their time trying to run them.
  13. Naugrin Augur

This is just hilariously bad...I feel sorry for all the guides, and for the players.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

That decision was stupid of the new company. They removed your forum subsection (because: ???), so guides decided to announce their events in vets instead, so folks will actually be able to see their posts. Sounds right to me.

Now guides are being told they can't do that and have to use a completely separate forum, which most folks aren't going to go the distance to read regularly?

What exactly is it the new company has against the guide program? This is very sad to see, and quite unnecessary to boot. They have something against pretty-close-to-free labor and people actually trying to creatively keep the game diverse and interactive?
    beryon and Iila like this.
  15. Silv Augur

In case anyone forgot they moved guide announcements...!

And also props for having a guide event @ 1 AM CST (seriously). Good to see activity on off hours for people who aren't around at prime-time.
  16. Kellaer Augur

Are we going to be doomed to bumping this thread so people will actually see guide events? This is how people have always have seen them. It. Just. Doesn't. Make. Sense.
  17. Silv Augur

Yes. I mean, No.

Bumping a thread for no reason is against the forum guidelines! I'd never needlessly post here to bump the thread so the majority of EQ players could see this notification that their guide event announcements have been relocated to another site [not even a guide 4realz]!
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

We shouldn't have to go to another website to see what is happening in our game, this is a stupid idea!

Since the forum revamp, I only bother to check announcement, bug and vet forums for new threads and that has gone from a few times every day to a few times every week. I don't see the point of scrolling down the list of forums just to see what is on Twitter & Facebook, if I wanted that info I would log into them.

I'm getting to the stage if they want to let me know what is going on they can just announce it in game, the return of the stupid waste of space boarder around the forum is another reason I'm logging in less, so sick of the pointless forum changes.
    beryon, Ferry-Tunare and Silv like this.
  19. beryon Augur

Yeah, that's kind of annoying. They removed useful information so they could use the space for fluff. I noticed someone has a workaround in another thread, but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

This is, of course, not a bump, because that would be wrong; but the thread coming up again got me to notice that there's an event posted for Drinal now, so interested parties may want to click the link above.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  20. Fendy Augur