Group DPS Opinions For First 2-3 Xpacs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Boxxie, Mar 2, 2019.

1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

ToT has a 2 min CD it doesn't equal infinite mana it = roughly 13 FT at 60
    Which combine with C2 is less mana per tick then Necros get from lich.

Yeah at 60 when your max level charm is 53 you charming something 2 levels red?

Allure is 51 Max if you're 50 the max you can charm is a Yellow con bud. Also Rocksoul and Muck covered Ele(?) the 2 rogue nameds in the Hole will outdps the golems.

Which is why the Chanter and Mage/Sham tash malos for them. It's also the exact same check, just bad necros have been taught cha doesn't matter for charm and are trying to charm with 30 Cha
  2. Grailer Augur

That was beautiful how you did that . Totally destroyed everything he said .
    SweetLaxTho likes this.
  3. ShivanAngel Augur

It isnt hard to destroy all the BS Iyvy spews out of his mouth tbh.
  4. Boxxie New Member

Lol....... They have said some confusing things ive noticed over multiple threads and TOTALLY take the conversation of the rails.
  5. Iyvy Augur

Allure is a level 46 spell, and we were talking about classic. Obviously. Use your brain.

Except he's still wrong, and we were talking about classic. Even later, enchanter nuking for 600 > a necro dot that does what 300 a tick, takes longer to cast and requires longer than a mob should be alive to be efficient.

Oh and costs 3 times the mana.

Druids get an additonal magic debuff that necros don't, also shamans out dps necros, why would you need necro dots if you're charming, you should be killing mobs in under 16 seconds.

Enchanter nukes are more efficient than necro dots. By a lot.

If you have tons of extra mana, enchanter nukes are vastly superior.

If both charms break, you now have to do the CCing and the tashing as the enchanter. With two enchanters, stun, tash, stun charm done.

Enchanters will mad out dps a necro, unless your group is very slow or your pets suck.

Necros drool enchanters rule!!!!!
  6. ShivanAngel Augur

No one is arguing that enchanter pets are absurdly broken...

Not sure why you are arguing that over and over.

Also you didnt even address the post you quoted, just spewed more info about how amazing enchanters are, which everyone knows.

Figures you would play an enchanter tbh...

All you ever contribute to posts is " rarwr im amazing chanter cause i have charm and do the most dps!!! believe everything I say cause I play a chanter thats the highest dps... Even though aside from saying charmed pets are busted everything I say is wrong/entitled"!
    Genoane likes this.
  7. vylo Augur

I have to disagree with this. Nec will do more damage. You just need tash and malo. Clr/shm/enc/nec/nec/nec would devour any zone with charming undead.
  8. ShivanAngel Augur

Also spoiler alert... "necros can mez too"
  9. Iyvy Augur

No an enchanter will do more damage than a necro in a charm group. You also need a bard for pulling.

Enchanter nukes are way better than necro dots when you are downing mobs in under 10 seconds which a triple charm group will be. You don't want a 4th charm you want a bard for pulling.

Oh neat they gave necros aoe mez?
  10. ShivanAngel Augur

When you have 3 charmed pets as long as ONE is a chanter to tash the others it becomes irrelevant.

You are going to be deleting mobs in seconds, at that point the factor effecting exp is whether or not you can pull enough mobs.
  11. Iyvy Augur

Exactly, which is why you want a bard, and why necro dmg doesn't matter because their nukes are inefficient and their dots take too long to do dmg.
  12. ShivanAngel Augur

Im actually super curious where a group can find a spot to support 3 charmers....

Pretty sure you would
    A) run out of mobs and have downtime anyway
    B) piss off half the server stealing mobs from other peoples area.

Granted there are no "camps" as far as DBG is concerned, doesnt make it not a move.

Unless your premade group gets ahead of the curve real quick and are constantly one step ahead of the rest of the server.
  13. Iyvy Augur

Bottom floor of Guk. Depends on how many picks spawn, also if you're a properly played no box group with 3 charmers you can probably grind your way to the bottom of guk before anyone else is even on the bottom floor, if you do it well enough. Also live side has toooons of mobs, most people dont really camp there, sit near the endless passages to guk and you'll have oodles of mobs. Sol B is also pretty great (efreeti camp is one camp that goes super far). Kedge is good if you have a good swimming puller. Permafrost can support it at lower levels, its pretty empty. Mistmoore can handle it if you do the whole castle.

The hole is probably the best for this, the hole is huuuuge and undead has like infinite mobs, you won't be stepping on any toes there.

3 Rock golems (red because you're level 46, not level 50) at undead, with someone on the wall pulling/pulling the pather train can give you enough mobs.
  14. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

15. Iyvy Augur

Man, your ability to be pedantic suuuure invalidates the spirit of the argument, enchanters > necros in charm groups, for a number of reason, chief among them being dps.

Nitpicking spell levels is asanine, its like grammar, its what people do when they dont have a real argument.
  16. Grailer Augur

To be honest your best DPS group is a wizard + enchanter.

Mem blur mob that other group has almost killed just as your wizards nuke lands for kill .

I don’t suggest doing this because you will upset people especially when you loot fbss .
  17. vylo Augur

The docks in the hole is a great spot in classic for this. There are oodles of mobs.

Also you can clear both OC and IC, and some of LD if in velks.

Ive run that group in guk, there aren't enough spawns sadly. Most of your time is spent running around looking for more pops.
  18. ShivanAngel Augur

thats the point I was making, 3 charmed pets is irrelevent for such a long time because there arent enough mobs.

especially with a classic start.
  19. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

The discussion was about which class does more DPS. It's weird that you find facts and numbers "pedantic"

I never felt like a second chanter was ever necessary and i was always being pullers to pull more to the point that i ended up doing 90% of the pulling while playing enchanter. I found it easy to just CC intentional trains while charming so long as they could be color stunned/ae mezzed. I would never want second chanter for a charm group over a first Necro on Druid because the backup heals/evac and ability to FD and rez are much more useful then the completely superfluous amount of CC provided by a second chanter.
  20. ShivanAngel Augur

Not to mention mind wrack from the necro...

Hard to argue with essentially FT30 for the entire group. If we are talking purely efficiency.