Grats RoI on Finishing RoS 1st

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fooba, Feb 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Allayna Augur

Let's make it real simple, normally it would take 12 clears to break into T3 but that was delayed by DBG...so let's call it 14 clears since there was an additional 2 weeks that everyone only received 2 flags for T1.

Riding lockouts, you'd gain 7 whole days...on say a guild who raided every 5th day in the evening....but ya...tell yourself it was vault and not that you got banned or that your members came crawling to Machin Shin looking for an "alliance raid to #1".

And STANZA....former ROI member was the guild leader of Machin Shin when TBM was raided btw...he started the AM lockouts. Facts. Check 'em.
  2. Nudia Augur

yall need to relax and stop taking forumquest so seriously lol
    Thrillho and feeltheburn like this.
  3. Zaviere Augur

You said the magic no-no two letter word! /wags finger at
  4. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Lockout raiding and being expected to take off for expansion launches is part of what made me quit raiding on Xegony back in the day.

Need more Underfoot-based expansions where raiding on lockouts or raiding on night 1 is a non-factor and your ability to defeat raid encounters matters much more.

Good to see things haven't changed in the past 5 years though!
    roguerunner and Allayna like this.
  5. Allayna Augur

6. Sindaiann Augur

MASSIVE SALT

Whatever happened to "humble in victory and gracious in defeat." And no I personally don't care if RoI is humble or not.

I could come here and list excuses for why we are 3 but I personally don't think that's productive or looks very good, on the contrary it looks extremely petty.

I know where our shortcomings were and what needs to be improved and I think that's personally a much better way to spend your time then acting like this. I choose to work to improve those things and move forward without pointing the finger at anyone else EXCEPT myself.

As guild leaders etc y'all should try it sometimes. It works better than this childish bs.
    Slippry, the Reaver, Sancus and 2 others like this.
  7. Allayna Augur

We're just keeping one of the oldest rivalries alive...there's no salt, more like pepper.
  8. Cicelee Augur

I applied to a job recently. I told them I am in a top 5/10 guild on Everquest. They asked me if I was in the #1 guild, and I said no. I did not get the job :(

ROI not only taking all the server first wins, they are taking all the jobs too!

And before anyone scrolls down to the reply box, this was an attempt at humor. Maybe funny, maybe not. But don't get your underwear bunched up over this...
  9. Sindaiann Augur

What if you roll commando?
  10. Zaviere Augur

[IMG]

^ Kinda relevant.

I mean, the idea of "trash talk" has always been around, especially between heavily competitive entities. Just because it comes across as super serious, doesn't mean it actually is. Any good Forum-Quester knows that. Plus, taking a little time to post fun and more or less insignificant banter on here does NOT mean no effort is being put forth internally by any given guild to reflect, learn and improve. Those are two entirely separate things that are not mutually exclusive.

Everyone has their own way of "pushing" things... whether it be others' buttons for poops and giggles, or their fellow guild mates in a silly game like Everquest to be the best they can be. Sometimes, the two can work together in a weird sort of way, depending on how you look at it.

And to be completely honest, it's threads like this one that keep me entertained during the day when I'm generally just idling in the guild hall doing absolutely nothing, because there is nothing I really can do, or feel like doing, that is productive. So I say, let it be~
    Sancus and Sindaiann like this.
  11. Lianeb Augur

I will tip my hat to RoI in beating most in not all the events of RoS on the first night that it was available to them. While some times having a sub-optimal raid force.
    However you guys have the same issues I see in every guild to include mine. There are some good maybe even phenomenal players, but then you have the others. It just so happens that you have fewer others.
    When you come to the boards to claim you are greatest in EQ, it is taken with a grain of salt because in “some” cases that is not a true statement, you just have some exceptional friends.

I am actually glad RoI has beaten the expansion and will go to once a week farming. Because now most of you will go back to playing alt guilds and or tlp, and xegony will become less a toxic server.
  12. Sancus Augur

Lol wut
    Bahdah likes this.
  13. M.S. War Lorekeeper

[IMG]
  14. the Reaver Journeyman

This 100%, though it wouldn't make much business sense to DBG since we would beat the expansion within a day or two.

RoS raid content was not very challenging, the most difficult event took us ~3-4 hours with 45 people in raid. However, "challenging" is subjective I suppose. The "rankings" dont really matter since the majority of raid guilds are capable of clearing content (eventually) so it just comes down to which guild suits your personality/playstyle/lifestyle. Personally, I would rather quit EQ than be in a raid guild that requires 10+ nights to beat an event, especially when it can be done after several hours with 45 (this actually happened). I have far better things to do with my time and other hobbies I enjoy. It's interesting that the best guild in EQ raids the least. To each their own, i guess.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  15. Tucoh Augur

I don't have any skin in the game, but putting more/repeatable rewards behind doing the challenger achievements for raids and making these achievements a true hard mode and not some cheesy / goofy way to do the raid is my favorite way to do this.

It makes it such that an encounter and expansion isn't truly beaten until the hard modes are beaten, while still allowing for mid-tier raiding guilds to see and defeat the content.
    Fohpo likes this.
  16. kizant Augur

Instead of arguing on the forums how about competing over something else? Fastest clear or zero deaths, etc. Anything to make farming till next year more interesting.
    Bahdah likes this.
  17. Darchon_Xegony Augur

This I can get behind.

I liked Convorteum having a bonus chest for doing just this. I'd say add challenger achievements to all raids and have the hardest one or doing all of them spawn a bonus chest with chase raid loot.

Groupers have chase raid loot from farming 10,000 of the same mob, which is what groupers seem to like. Let raiders do hardmode of the event for their own chase raid loot with a unique clicky, focus, look or just extra stats. Or a few Augments. I miss raid Augment events like those from Anguish/Demiplane/Frostcrypt/Ashengate.

Have a bonus chest spawn with 6 Type5 Augs better than those available through group content for example if you complete a raid challenger achievement each time.
  18. Fohpo Augur

Even if it were just cosmetic rewards, people would flock to it. Played other games with that kind of design and it's stupidly popular.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You are comedy gold. LOL
  20. Fohpo Augur

This is starting to feel like a TLP pissing contest
    Brohg likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.