In Progress graphics exploding into kalaidascope

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Svann2, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

[IMG]
    It wasnt like this till I stein ported into pok.
    radeon 6700xt, win11, 16gb ram, i5 12400, new ui engine on
    restarting eq fixed it
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Zoned into the Lobby today and the graphics were so bad it all looked like spiderwebs everywhere.
    Zenn-La and minimind like this.
  3. Brickhaus Augur

It's fine for me. Must be you.

(that was basically you in a gamma/brightness thread telling those of us with issues to f-off since it was fine for you)

Not fun when it's on the other foot now is it?

Seriously, I hope your problem and all the graphics problems with this patch get fixed. But all the community being behind those with issues and not just worrying about only the issues facing themselves would go a long way in helping.
    mercury890, TB_AB, Fenthen and 3 others like this.
  4. Lodestar The Undefeated

The ops post is confirmed. What the heck does this mean "must be you"? His screenshot proves it exists. Did you think he drew it himself with crayons? Does proof no longer matter anywhere at all in today's society? Have you read the forums or reviewed the sample population statistically of all the people with this exact problem? Responses like this give the devs a reason to ignore legitimate issues that the community is facing.

In personally confirming this issue, it happened only once when zoning into POK in 8 hours of play time. It also happened only once zoning into guild lobby only a completely different type of computer, different OS, pre-built laptop vs. custom built desktop. It also happened for an entire group I was with in Discord across every person under different scenarios. My $7,500 custom built OC'd computer from 7590X-era is error-proof in the most stressful variants of y-cruncher and 'absolut' MemTest. This isn't a "must only be you" problem.
    kevvlar and minimind like this.
  5. Svann2 The Magnificent

Sorry if I offended you. I never intended to imply that you could F-off. My intent was to supply info on the problem - that with my setup it wasnt occurring. If the people that have the issue would supply their info instead of just complaining it would probably go further towards the devs figuring out what the issue is.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Xyza Journeyman

Anyone having a black trim issue[IMG]?

I ended up saving/deleting eqclient.ini file. re-patching, then adding back all my game setting. It fixed my display problems, and my lag, BUT, what a pain in the A$$.
    Asdenyl likes this.
  7. Timbuktoo New Member

Yes, having both issues. I have one instance of EQ that is perfect. Another is having weird visuals like the dark trim. In Lceanium, the texture for the building has a black marble look instead of grey stone. Was cool, but weird because 2 EQ instances saw different things. They run out of different directories, but on the same computer. Had a 3rd instance that uses a 3rd directory running for a while, and it was having even weirder video issues.
    Running GeForce RTX 2060. Version 536.23. 48 GB ram, Windows 10 home, i7-9700 @ 3.6ghz.
    The 1 instance that's perfect so far is on my 4ktv as a screen. All the rest are on a 24" 1080p monitor.
    mercury890 and Xyza like this.
  8. Petalonyx Augur

I'm in POK on Bristlebane right now and having this issue on several i'm boxing on same PC.
    The graphics are eminating from pets that have been equipped with weapons, looks like the flashy summoned ones.

The strange thing is it's bugging out in very different ways across the boxed characters. One is total kaleidoscope that extends from the pet weapons into the sky, one is a small set of prisms, again emanating from the pet weapons, one has pet weapons that are mostly invisible, and another has pet weapons appearing entirely invisible. All same PC.
  9. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

You ignored their reason for saying that (being told "it's only you" in a previous thread) and simply took this as an opportunity to boast about your PC. Good job. Big help there.

But let me make things clear for you: getting annoyed that someone was annoyed immediately puts you on their level. You're the same as them. Except your post was even less useful because all it did was say "I am annoyed" without adding anything. Like this post. See what you've started?
    mercury890 and kevvlar like this.
  10. Drencrom Beimeith's Supervisor

Corrupted graphics memory. It can happen with any 3D program. If it's not persistent then it was a simple address error. Maybe a reference got changed the exact millisecond it got called for.
  11. Drakang Augur

I have seen that happen if I have been online for days. Restarting EQ clears it up.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  12. Febb Augur

This was happening on beta for me, haven't seen it since though. I'm curious what your dbg.txt file says when this is happening.
  13. Svann2 The Magnificent

It may have been fixed with a full file check. Doesnt seem to happen now. If it reoccurs ill post the dbg.txt
  14. Lodestar The Undefeated

I have zero investment, interest, or need to care what you think about my computer or anyone else's computer. I'm here to post facts and eliminate obnoxious misinformation. It's not my responsibility to track multiple threads, and I don't care what anyone's opinion is. Empirical facts are all that matter, and if you aren't tracking to them then you add no value to any conversation.

Here's the facts: This issue is impacting properly configured computers on Windows 10 and Windows 11, and needs to be addressed by the developers. It is accurate that this "kaleidoscope pixelation" is emanating from pets in some cases, especially when zoning into POK and guild lobby. In my personal case: It has only happened once on two different computers in ~15 hours of play time.
    kevvlar likes this.
  15. Remien Master

I've experienced this artifacting. So far I've only had this happen while in POK.
    Interestingly enough if I unplug the monitor from the GPU and reinsert it the problem goes away.

I'm running an 7900xtx on Win11 with the latest drivers.
    Fenthen likes this.
  16. Daktarr Lorekeeper

This kaleidoscope happens every time I zone into the guild lobby. Sometimes rebooting or relogging fixes the issue, but rarely. It happens on both my computers running AMD Radeon video cards with both Win 10 and 11, and also on my wife's computer running Win 10 and a Nvidia video card.
  17. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Hmm. Pot = kettle :D
  18. crunch New Member

This happens in lobby every day for me ... getting worse every single day
  19. crunch New Member

this is not coming from pets you are completely wrong on that point it is from armor looks i.e. armor ornaments the engine is not stable enough under dx11 to deal with that
    Zenn-La likes this.
  20. Shadovoxx New Member

I have tried deleting the 3 GuildLobby.xxx files and validated assets to restore them. Tried turning off players, pets, mercenaries. Tried editing my eqgame.exe as noted on a different post. Tried switching to the default UI. Tried changing my settings in options, including unclicking the Use New UI box, (Which helps with the gamma issue BTW). The only thing I haven't done yet is rename the game Tempest, so when I go in the guild lobby, at least it seems like the right game.
    Bindi and Stymie like this.