Good job on banning the phinny automated boxing guy

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oldkracow, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Real impressed you guys stepped up and stopped that person.
    Oh and don't let him appeal, nothing like watching him try to explain to tons of people he sold his automated PL service that their guys = banned :D

[IMG]
  2. Tudadar Augur

Seems like it can be a nice start to more to come. Hopefully its not just one person that got made into an example.
    Miss_Jackie and QuasiGnome like this.
  3. Adonhiram Augur

Is that the famous Best*** guy ?
  4. Tudadar Augur

lol no. Its some random scrub plvler.
  5. GrugSA Augur

dindu nuffin hes a gud boy
  6. Strawberry Augur

Good that he's banned.

Anyway, I wish there was a more casual true box TLP server without krono, with more reasonable XP and with pop newbee gear. All of these cheats, krono trades and powerleveling services happen due to the nature of the server and how it's set up.

This person had 30 customers because none of those customers enjoyed playing the game, they tried to bypass the XP timesink with powerleveling, they tried to bypass the item farm timesink with kronos, and they tried to bypass flagging / epic. This happened in classic too, and this is why TLP lose so many players so quickly.
    Miss_Jackie likes this.
  7. Depressedfeet New Member

Thats why you dont involve cheating and real money.

You think the bans are bad? Now he has 20 angry customers asking for refunds and all of them probably attempting chargebacks lol. Rip 30 boxer, but i mean how stupid do you have to be to box 30 characters in lguk and not expect to get caught or atleast looked into.
  8. Sterilize Journeyman

I wonder if this is enough proof for EQMULE to take away M Q 2 for phinigel, what do we think?
    eqmule likes this.
  9. Hateseeker Augur

This is just more evidence that people want EQ, but Daybreak is failing to provide the experience people want. Some people want so much to be involved with EQ that rather than vote with their wallet, they will improvise. More evidence that people want to box a few characters per PC, AND have instanced raiding, AND they want reasonable xp gain. What they don't want is to have themselves with 3-6 characters going that they control by tabbing, and then someone with input cloning software (or worse) steamroll them to lock down multiple picks worth of the same camp.
  10. Tharrg Augur

All these boxers are using the same program... its a Program that has annual fees and or monthly fees and is required in order to ghost clicks to multiple screens in order to run those massive armies. Reverse that One idiot Customer Service Rep who posted that made it legal to use and then start banning every single player that is found using it and you will solve alot of grief. Will boxing go away? No....will it stop 20+box armies? Yes... as there were only 1 or two people in all of history on game I know of that could run 20+ characters using the old flip to different tabs. Unless Daybreak is going to release their own version of that 3p software that people PAY for.. then it should not be allowed to be used.
  11. Jezzie Augur

Thanks Daybreak!
    Hopefully this is a sign that people using key broadcasting to bypass the truebox rule will be instantly banned. Feel free to do it on every other server!
    To the best of my knowledge the legal boxing software doesn't work on Phinigel. People are using other methods to automate characters.
    Lets just keep petitioning any boxes with synchronized casters. It has no place on Phinigel.

Obviously there is a market for level 40 chars. Heroics worked well on live to combat the problems that powerlevelling services cause. Maybe there is a need for a TLP version of heroic characters?

Please crush the incentive for "people" to PL characters for RMT. Their actions are always detrimental to the in game experience of actual "players".
  12. Jezzie Augur

That doesn't work on Phinigel but I know what you mean. It's the lite version for Truebox.
    Maybe that addon system was created with the best of intentions but as always (especially on tlps) people are abusing it.
    My opinion is that it causes more damage than good on Phinigel and that damage is to both communities, so it has no place on the server.
  13. Sterilize Journeyman

It doesnt matter if the real version works, the lite version has E Q B C which is a server that connects all characters at once, allowing one to bypass the broadcasting. That's all anyone needs to box really, and some computers. That's the issue here. People can use auto hot key or repeating keyboards or whatever to automate EQBC commands for afk farming on multiple characters.

But the bottom line is it's circumventing the true box code and allowing people to box or broadcast. EQMULE knows this and continues to defy sony while acting like he's helping people out here. From his past posts it's almost like he just released the program and didnt even test it, asking people if /if statements worked or not, who releases a product without testing it's capabilities? There's already been posts from other coders who said they can still use that version to automate EQ

I mean M Q 2 Melee and M Q 2 cast is one thing, but adding EQBC to that is a whole different ballgame, its essentially [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software], and yes other people have found other programs to broadcast with but it wasnt so readily available as 1 2 click install dbl click exe load eq.
    Jezzie likes this.
  14. Consenses New Member

So what you're saying is people should be given level 60 off the bat with their epic and all the relevant keys?

The XP rate is fine, it literally takes three weeks at the most to hit 60.
  15. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Id love to hear how many hours a day a 3-week to 60 would take with no exp potions.
  16. sihpa Augur

Im happy to eat crow about my assertion nothing would be done to people circumventing the rules.

Bravo!

Now on to addressing the environment that creates the demand for abuse in the first place. Oh and rethink opening GoD/OoW together. Do all that and im a happy camper ^.^
  17. Vanrau Augur

Got to love people that post in black and white. "I can do this in X amount of days because I play X amount of hours per day so my play style applies to everyone".
  18. Tharrg Augur

Getting in a good group playing 6 hours a day.. and using Burning Woods as the zone from 45-60 you can do it in 3weeks or less. Exp in BW is so fast with the Hot zone exp bonus they left in that there really was no reason to go anyplace else. Without exp potions you can get a yellow in a few hours at high levels...
  19. Darchon_Xegony Augur

So 6 hours a day, in a group, for 3 weeks to do levels 45-60. Plus whatever it takes to do 1-45... That's still a lot of time.

I really just wish soloing were a viable option on this server. Grouping has always been a bore.
  20. Vanrau Augur

Burning Woods experience was nerfed so leveling there is worthless now.
  21. Tharrg Augur

Still pretty decent I have character there now.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.