Going to agnarr with dad and friends. (need class advice)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shalka, Oct 9, 2017.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

Surprisingly i have found a strong lack of consistent raid warriors. Guilds need raid tanks to have the best attendance and the agnarr population as a whole is pretty flaky.

Look at General channel and you could see the top raid guild soliciting anyone for tanks. That says something.

But in the 2 guilds Ive been in i saw 2 solid tanks total. The rest were too flaky or not reliable players. Both of those guilds would have taken a solid tank with play time that align.
  2. Risiko Augur

Ranger will be your top DPS in that grouping by far in the Planes of Power era. SK and Monk will do respectable DPS. Don't expect too much out of the warrior DPS wise honestly. They absorb damage. That's what they do best.

Every guild handles raid loot differently obviously. That being said, from my experiences, I have seen a lot of guilds that allow for their members to spend DKP for alts.

When it comes time for you to join a raid guild later on (when you are up in levels), do your research on the guilds at that time. Check to see what the loot rules are for each guild, and make a decision on which one to apply to based on which rules most closely apply to what you are looking for out of the game.

Don't be afraid to make a posting on the guild recruitment forum here stating exactly what your needs are, and asking which guild most closely meets those needs. That's exactly what I did recently when my friends and I were looking to make a move to a new guild, and I could not possibly be more happy with the results. We are now in a guild with structure and rules that are perfect for our needs and desires.

Put Risiko on your friends list in game, and when you see me online next time, shoot me a tell. I'll be more than happy to send some gear your way to help you get started. I have lots of stuff sitting in the bank :)
  3. FatherDoom New Member

Ask any ranger on phinny how much they got BLOWN OUT OF THE WATER 90% of the time by Monks in Planes era, unless they are running true-shot. I guess if you were not in classic-Velious on every server, you might know that.

Listen OP, Monk will be top DPS by far, Ranger will do respectable DPS and Warriors, well don't roll a warrior if you want to DPS, tank with that bad boy or roll something else.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  4. Risiko Augur

;)
  5. FatherDoom New Member

So your argument, if it can be called one, is that Rangers have a disc that they can use for 2 MINUTES every 67.5 minutes. Monks will be better DPS the rest of the time, and even with trueshot, after the monks get BiS weapons, even trueshot won't be able to keep up. Rangers are NOT top DPS once Agnarr locks. Monks will be. Ask literally any person playing on phinny. We just did PoP.
  6. Risiko Augur

He asked for opinions. I gave my opinion. I'm not sure why you feel the need to be so hateful and disparaging just because your opinion does not match mine. It's going to be alright sir.
  7. FatherDoom New Member

Its not about opinions. We have empirical evidence that what you are saying is false. We had PoP-LDoN era for 6 months on Phinny. Rangers are good DPS but when you compare them to a monk, the monk wins. Even Rangers will tell you this. They were the top dogs in Luclin, and if we were talking about Luclin, we wouldn't be having this conversation. But we are talking about PoP and the era in which Agnarr will lock. I almost forgot, since there are no Bow Damage Augs in LDoN, the monks lead increases even more once that launches on Agnarr.

Someone might be of the opinion that Mages make the best Raid DPS because of their unique interactions with Mitigation of the Mighty. That would be their opinion. Just because it is your opinion does not mean it follows a different set of rules when determining reality from fiction. Opinions can in fact be wrong. As yours is, sir.
    Kutsuu likes this.
  8. malaki Augur

Rangers are higher dps early on in PoP due to easy access to elemental bows, but once you get close to BiS and add in LDoN augs it definitely skews to monks.
    Punchu likes this.
  9. Kiaro Augur

Warriors will do more damage overall and mitigate better than a SK.
    SKs will be more survivable due to self healing through lifetaps and have much better snap aggro.
    Monks do the most "easy" DPS of any class.
    Rangers do nearly as much as monks, and if given a crafted bow from the Elemental planes will out DPS anyone else in group content with AM3/EQ.

As far as Rot loots go, I wouldn't expect to get much until Planes of Power/LDoN, the server will stagnate at PoP/LDoN so you'll eventually in theory probably be required to 6 box to get a raid even started, and can have all the rot loot you want since there will be only 20 or so real people playing in 2 years.
  10. jeskola pheerie

One Question:

Is Dad and Friends anything like Coon and Friends, and do you guys have a Netflix series greenlit yet?

[IMG]
  11. Semah Augur

Rangers have a lot more utility than people realize. More broadly, people tend to undervalue utility and try to min-max the core power: crunchy tanking, etc. Then they realize they don't have track or don't have SoE or don't have snare or...

I rolled a SK for group tanking, but if I wasn't an SK I'd probably be a ranger or bard. Utility just makes life so much more pleasant.
  12. Ethereal Augur

Sometimes, I wonder if Risiko is trolling when he posts these types of things. No one can seriously believe some of the crap he @#$%posts on these forums daily...right?

8/10 either way.
    Punchu likes this.
  13. Dailor Augur

I wanna meet that Dad.
  14. Aziuno Augur

My favorite tank is BST tank.

Love me some Boze Tank.
  15. Machentoo Augur

Almost no one realizes this any more!
  16. Legionarius - Xegony Elder

17. Semah Augur

On Agnarr, even wizards can Trak whenever they need to.
  18. Ethereal Augur

:(

19. Shalka Lorekeeper

***UPDATE***
    Since i have such a high playtime i decided against the sk sham... ive done this in the past its an amazing combo but i felt like something new... I went with Warrior and Cleric, best tank and best healer in the game.. i figure i might as well have the best of both worlds...So far tho on my cleric and warrior its been great in the last 2 days i went from lvl 24 to 45 on my warrior and trying to keep on chugging along!
    The spin off of "Dad and Friends" is going well and they all are enjoying the game. Since my dad and brothers playtime isn't that high i decided to make a Shaman to keep with them at low lvls. I also made a ranger and monk ( only lvl 10 ) still undecided as to which i will lvl up with them lol.... but I'm sure here soon ill figure out between the monk or ranger lol... But i do have some questions regarding weapons for a ranger, i don't buy kronos and id rather just farm what i want. I got a peace-bringer for monk for free which i will use until my fists become op probably in the 40's if i go the monk route(but i do keep his h2h skills max), are there any ranger weapons u all think a 45 cleric / warrior could farm or some really cheap ones?
  20. Shalka Lorekeeper

***UPDATE***
    Also frogot to mention this but the group comp changed a tiny bit, we have Necro Bard Mage Cleric... and me with shaman and monk or ranger atm