Give phinny a deathtouch ability like master yael.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lifetap, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Fallfyres Augur

-----------
    At this point? Naw, naw naw Detheb...hamstringing MAGES and their pets would be most enjoyable --- for raid encounters of course. *Evil grin...
  2. Detheb Augur

Guys, they're not making new expansions seriously. Asking to buff the mobs? SUre. Completely changing the events because of mage pets? When any guild worth their weight isn't even using them currently? Lets be realistic.
  3. Kittany Augur

Interesting you should say that. Some time ago, I was apart of a raid with my guild to kill Phinny. After RoI wiped twice, we was about to engage. We know TL was raiding hate at the time and as we was preparing, 7 mages, a cleric and an enchanter appeared at the bottom like they was logged in, all of them anonymous. On a /guildstatus, they was listed as alts of <Twisted Legacy>. Over the course of the next 10-15 minutes, we watched as those mages chain summoned the pets repeatedly and eventually kill it knowing full well we was there.

My guild could of 'DPS raced" the boss, but we chose to not stoop to that level. So to say you guys don't employ mage bot armies to kill raid bosses a gross mislabeling of the tactics that is used.
  4. Detheb Augur

Phinny, even buffed, hardly counts as a raid target. Even when they were buffing the mobs this was mentioned. He has never been more than a glorified group zone boss that just so happened to be required for epics. Even in his "buffed" form, he isn't exactly difficult, but then again, he shouldn't be. He also spawns like 4times a day lol
  5. -wycca Augur

We have exactly *1* Phinny raid in our dkp system (the first to unlock). We don't raid Phinny.

We do have a bunch of individual members and their alts bound down there. In fact, the people you refer to (I'm fairly sure I know who it is) are bound down there, I know because I sold them a bunch of rebreathers so they could bind down there. They wanted mage staffs and robes and a wiz staff.

So essentially I guess both parties could be accurate. TL doesn't raid Phinny, we don't employ petting raid mobs as a raid strategy. Individual members are still free to do whatever they want using pets on whatever content we aren't calling a raid on.

I think people are missing how much min/maxing/optimization has occured in EQ. Truthfully, even if pets were in their 2000 state, they'd still be used heavily and mages/necros would still be plentiful. It wouldn't halt their use....it would just take longer, or perhaps a bit more of them. Pets are essentially miniature, dumb light blue melee characters, and for a fairly low mana-price, you can get another one instantly. Whenever you can summon an almost infinite amount of light blue melee characters, there's a huge potential for eventually killing something. Pets, even back in 1999, had mega potential for abuse, it's just we didn't have an accumulated 16 years of game knowledge and min/max/optimizing. You don't think chain petting down targets was used back then? I know it was because a few friends used to duo a ton of stuff at lvl 50 on their mages. Probably not as splashy as phinnie, but definitely stuff that took a full group otherwise. That's classic!
  6. Druz Augur

Unavoidable deathtouch is probably the stupidest mechanic in a game. I know pet armies killing Phinny is really got you flustered, but it's lazy design. Players should always be able to bring their A game and avoid death. A better change would be like give him a Destroy Summoned proc of some sort so he just obliterates pets when they're tanking.
  7. Owndar Elder

I'll just leave this here[IMG]
  8. Tarrin Augur

Thinking that if pet classes can't pet tank progression "raid mobs" would make those classes worthless is silly.
  9. Gregolo Augur

Wait, so why are we pretending Phinny is raid content now?
  10. Kittany Augur

I'd argue that to you guys it may not see it as raid content. But for others it would be. So getting epic pieces for your bots/boxers and or selling the Multi Quest is more important than being fair with the rest of the server. That's how many people see the current state of affairs and are upset over it.
  11. Eldrian Augur

I think having all raid boss and upper group bosses randomly spawn with a DT ability would be hilarious. Or even funnier all bosses DT pets if they don't have main aggro on a player.
  12. Zapsos Augur

Just make pets more mana intensive so that chain casting them isn't a viable strategy.