Give phinny a deathtouch ability like master yael.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Lifetap, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Lifetap Augur

Buffing his hp and giving him that permabuff was a good start, but I feel that adding a DT would make the encounter a lot more exciting. Either that or give him an aoe fear like dragon roar.

Please post below if you agree.
  2. Dredd657 New Member

i 100% agree Phinny is still way to easy why let Casuals get any kills on any thing pfft the word Casual even brings chills to my spine BUFF PHINNY!!!!!!!!
    Nenake and Rhiyannon like this.
  3. Korillo Augur

Make him wipe all buffs every 30 seconds as well
  4. Lifetap Augur

Buffs aren't needed to kill phinny currently.
  5. Finwen Augur

I think Phinny should quad for 5k.
    Nenake and Soltara like this.
  6. Korillo Augur

True but not everyone has an EB item!
  7. Lifetap Augur

True, Phinny has helped me sell several rebreathers already.

P.S. WTS Rebreathers only 1.5k lockjaw server.
  8. Fallfyres Augur

***Approves of Lifetap's sale. Definitely better than seeing 'Rebreather FS: 3 Kronos only!'
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  9. Lifetap Augur

I feel like I'd be wealthy if I had stayed on Ragefire. Prices there are bananas.
  10. Avenrii Journeyman

They aren't selling for that much on Ragefire. So much misinformation around the forums! In fact, most prices are the same as Lockjaw (I've been playing on LJ on my off-time). The biggest differences are certain controlled items, such as raid drops or certain rare drops (i.e. SMR, GEBs).
  11. Dark_Intentions Augur

A death touch won't matter when he is being killed by 40 or more people.
  12. Rauven Augur

All bosses should ignore pets or attribute pet's hate to the caster.

Perhaps some other mechanics, like stuff you see in Solteris or the 100 version of ToV. Maybe a tidal wave that does 1500-2500 damage to those that stand outside a certain range, followed by another that does the same damage to those inside a certain range. Centered around the room he's in.

AoE DT's if taken outside the room.

Dunno why things are still tank and spankish.
    Soltara likes this.
  13. Detheb Augur

Except, then what about those that play a mage or necro solo? You guys realize that there are people that play those classes that don't box or raid right? Attributing all pet hate to the caster would basically make them unplayable. Think before you post.
  14. Vaclav Augur

That code is used in Plane of War - and those classes are still playable.
  15. Detheb Augur

I guess i havn't been that far, but that would make using pets pretty detrimental yes?
  16. Rauven Augur

Tell your tank to step it up. And Necro's and Mages can use /pet_backoff or dismiss the pet entirely (or use a lower level pet). You do have spells you can use. You're right, not everyone is boxing. Those solo mages and necros can step up their spell casting.

Agro management. Wizards, Rangers, and Rogues (with certain procs) have to do it. Why not Mages and Necros?

Speaking of Necros.. Feign Death is your friend. I have played a necro in classic to PoP raiding. Its not uncommon to have to FD throughout a fight anyway.

You trying to get out of hard encounters again Detheb?
  17. Vaclav Augur

Yes, but there's some solid extra options they gain with the fights too - they aren't useless.
  18. Detheb Augur

Never tried to get out of hard encounters, but this isn't RoF Vaclav. This is classic, where there is 2? Spells magicians can cast that do decent dps(Not entirely sure with necro?). Hamstringing an entire class is just plain dumb.
  19. Rauven Augur

Agro management isn't hamstringing anything.

But the point is, we remember how epic the bosses were 16 years ago. I want to remember these bosses being epic 16 years from now.. not go, "hmm they went tank and spank on us."

So lets get our teeth kicked in. I want them hard enough that they need tuned so that the hardcores even have a chance. If they don't want casuals to fight them make casuals avoid them like the plague.
  20. Vaclav Augur

The concept that the Plane of War encounters have would be expandable to old content easily, trust me.