Gearing

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by lssuvaulter, Jan 18, 2018.

1. lssuvaulter New Member

Are there any guides out there for gearing? I am finding guides all over the place on where to grind out exp, but gearing information seems to be harder to find. I am currently lvl 94 and I have been farming gribbles since 75. Full gribbles gear woohoo(minus Augs)

It seems that with the way expansions launched I can't go right to EoK at 105 because I will get face rolled.

I searched the forums but almost everything recent is lower lvl stuff when defiant gear is king or EoK gear.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

You need to cut the apron strings from Gribble. If you were doing those since 75 you have missed a ton of great augs etc. Move at least to Shards landing and get fear dropped which will be around 2100 to hp. Get some augs from the daily hots - they drop in all zones. These might be helpful:
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/armor-for-96-sk.232180/
    or
    Take a quick look thru eq resource armor listings, they have one for each expansion - raid and grouped versions.
  3. Tucoh Augur

4. lssuvaulter New Member

Made the switch from gribbles to the TBM missions...man do they hit harder.
  5. Scorrpio Augur

Ok, at 94, your best option would be Boreal. That is T1 group studd from Rain of Fear. About 2000HP class gear, and all you need to turn the drop (Feat Touched) into armor is a box that sells in Shard's for about 11kp, you need to only buy it once. Fear Touched should be on bazaar, but prices can vary a lot.

TBM gear is a decent stopgap at 105 before you can get EoK stuff, otherwise you would just be wasting money, IMHO. At 100, if you were running CotF missions, and have lots of Marks, you can buy Manifested Etheric (2800HP class) or Castaway from TDS.
  6. lssuvaulter New Member

I am playing a war and from reading some other threads I think my biggest issue in trying to do TBM is my gear. 60k HP and 2.3k AC buffed with just cleric buffs.
  7. Zhaunil_AB Augur

60k for level 94 doesn't quite sound right; iirc it should be more like in the 90range.
    Gear:
    The RoF gear (random attunable drops, also off trash) is great, min level 90/92 - e.g. Alacritous Greaves.
    The RoF group visibles are ok too.
    Some augments from TEWK group vendor for the currency you got in your gribbles.

If you can trigger it, the LDoN raid in Everfrost for the 35AC augment (for shield).
    TBM gear (the type9 augments really) are buyable in 5level increments i think.
    It USED to be a good way to gear up, with looting rot drops (the base 300HPs things unaug'd, Crypt robber's or something similar) and augmenting it with the type9's and type5's of the appropriate level for the (tradeable) currency.
    With the scaling of the HAs currently though i would skip that mostly and would go for castaway (from static zones like brother island) when closer to 100.
    At 105, if there will still be people in EoK (or now, with some ahead-planning) loot rots.
    On my server, many are still in those zones at least part-time, so it shouldn't be TOO bad to get EoK T1 rot loots.
    Do not underestimate the augments though - you want *some* in every slot, even if it's just the ones from the hotzones - a little something is better than an empty slot.
    Also at 105, get the TBM type5 augments at least, if you cannot get the random drop ones from EoK and RoS - they are still an "ok" baseline. Choose one heroic stat though, especially when in group gear and stick to that mostly.

It's a longer way that you have ahead of you yet, but "eventually" you want to have full Selrach's (EoK T2 group, since you need them to upgrade to RoS T1 anyways) visibles and most if not all non-visibles too before you move on to RoS.
    The transition from EoK to RoS will be somewhat similar to what you experienced with TBM at your level from the stuff you were doing previously.

For right now, it might even be "worth it" to take a step back and venture into HoT for the odd augment you're missing.
    But at least do (for XP) VoA/RoF stuff what you can, SL beetles are "relatively weak"...
    xxGriff likes this.
  8. xxGriff Augur

I have always preferred progression xp-ing to grinds, and the added bene's of drops makes all the difference. Still have some RoF augs in my War's EoK armor for AC. if your going to try TBM its going to be slow, and nameds will be difficult without gear.
  9. Tatanka Joe Schmo

This is very low, especially for a warrior. My scrub druid was at ~80K HPs and ~3500 AC at level 94. Do you have a profile set up on RaidLoot? That would be a good way to have some help in pointing out the easiest and quickest upgrades you can make. To make one of these profiles, there are two steps. In game, run '/outputfile inventory'. Then, out of game, go to www.raidloot.com, and create a profile there. Point it to the outputfile you just created. Then let us know the link/char name.

One of the problems you've run into is, there aren't many people playing the expacs that would be current for your level. All of those expacs had a nice feature where all the gear dropped by T1 named were all tradable items. When I moved through those levels, I could just go to the bazaar when I hit the new required level, and gear up a lot of new slots. That kind of stopped starting with CotF, so once you get to 100, you have to jump through a few more hoops. But, check the Bazaar, and see if there are some cheap upgrades you can make.

Also, what server are you on?
    xxGriff likes this.
  10. lssuvaulter New Member

11. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Once level 100, Castaway from TDS would be the next "logical" upgrade.
    Before that, the formal/embellished from VoA/RoF is "the thing" imo.
    CotF has, i think, drops that have req98,rec100.
    There is this gear-gap between level 92 and 100, to some extent - that used to be filled byTBM (omitting castaway for the price of re-buying the Type9-augments again).