Gamparse

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sultan, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sultan Elder

Does anyone know if the current version of Gamparse is still working and if it is still being updated or worked on, please?
  2. Nniki Augur

3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Yes and yes. What's up?
    Speak the devil's name and he shall appear.
  4. Xinj Journeyman

Hey! Do you know why it wont start? I have downloaded and reDL gamparser but it wouldnt even start up.
  5. Nniki Augur

Make sure your antivirus / windows defender isn't blocking it. (Assuming you're using the ClickOnce installer version)
  6. Lianeb Augur

I had to uninstall and reinstall it on one of my computers.
  7. Beimeith Lord of the Game

If you use Windows 10 then every time Microsoft forces a feature update on you it may break the installer. This is a Microsoft problem because I use their installer. Uninstalling and re-installing should fix it.

If it appears to start (you get the update checker running) but then it seems to exit without saying anything or starting the program, the problem is Microsoft broke their app checker.

Gamparse isn't code-signed, (aka, I didn't pay some company $500 to get my name on it), so by default Windows is supposed to give you a warning about this and ask your permission before you use it the first time. However, if you are using the latest Windows 10 update, 1803, (Start > System Information > Version 10.0.17134) Microsoft broke this check.

A temporary fix is to disable the app checker. Start > Smart > App & Browser control > Check apps and files > off. (It should be on warn, but this setting is apparently broken...)

Once it is off you should be able to start GamParse.

Then you can go back and change the setting back to "warn" and everything should work normally. Once you do it the first time, you shouldn't have to mess with the setting again.
    svann and Slippry like this.
  8. Beimeith Lord of the Game

On that note: here is a peek at the revamped graphs I'm working on:

Existing graph:
    [IMG]

Exact same fight, but with new graph:
    [IMG]
  9. SoroxDrinal Elder

Is there a way to extend the timer for disabling pulling damage? The application option is too short at 6s.

What happens is I pull as a monk with 1-6 dmg, run back to camp which could take as long as 15s (if mob is casting on me, for example) and the group dps mob down. However, the parses always show from the initial monk damage and not from the time the mob is truly engaged.
  10. IblisTheMage Augur

I don’t think that should change, it is a performance indicator for the group if they have long pull times. More than dps pr mob, total damage done pr session is a good indicator.

On that note: I would love if there was a command so that I could type in

/say gamparse event start “the title I want here for the activity”
    And
    /say gamparse event end

And then have a hierachy built to the left, where I can collapse and expand events, so that I get a natural seperator, and select which combats to aggregate and analyze.

I would also love if Gamparse could remember which pet belonged to who :)
  11. SoroxDrinal Elder

I am clearing all the mobs near me so forced to go farther from group (and I box) so I am not moving the group around constantly.
  12. Lianeb Augur

Use the log file from one of the toons that stays in camp and it won’t pick up the initial pull dmg
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  13. SoroxDrinal Elder

well duh me... will try that and hope puller dmg doesnt capture
  14. Beimeith Lord of the Game

There is a reason the option is called "Attempt to suppress pulls." It's not an exact thing.

This is how it currently works:

Code:
    if (Options.SuppressPulling)
                        if (fight.QDPS.Count == 1 && fight.QDPS[0].player == GetNumber(Player) && fight.QDPS[0].TotalDMG < PullDamage && CurrentTimeSec - fight.End > PullTimeOut)
                        {
                            IncompleteFightList.Remove(fight);
                            break;
                        }
    This translates to:

1)If you have the option to ignore pulls on
    2) If the fight has 1 person for Attackers,
    3) AND that 1 Attacker is the Player parsing,
    4) AND the total damage is less than PullDamage (2,000 - hardcoded value)
    5) AND the fight duration is less than PullTimeOut (6s - hardcoded value)
    6) then it will remove the fight from the active list.

So, this means it only works for the person parsing, and only if there if they are the only person who did damage, they did less then 2k, and no other damage was done by the player/NPC within 6 seconds.

Now I can adjust these values if need be, but keep in mind it's not exact no matter what happens.
  15. Beimeith Lord of the Game

First one probably not going to happen. Being able to group fights together isn't a bad idea, but it's really not set up that way.

Remembering pets is only possible if the pets are uniquely named. Any auto-generated pet name will cause problems with this.

If someone can provide me with a list of every auto-generated pet name for every pet-class then I can add this feature for named pets and tell it to ignore auto-named pets.
  16. IblisTheMage Augur

Cool!
  17. Bigstomp Augur

On the tanking parses, an easy way to go from graphs (you can see the damage spikes) to some sorta visualization of what caused them (dd, hit, bash, ect) would be really cool.

For example, click on the high point in a spike and see what contributed to that.

Edit: Also along the same line if you made these things clickable to another view, seeing who/what healed would also be useful.

I'm talking about the: Graphs > Tanking Graphs > Damage Against (pick a toon).
  18. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Making the graphs interactive isn't going to happen. That's beyond my skill.

What I do plan to do is to make a wider variety of graphs available. Currently what I have is a variety of drop-down boxes that populate with options as you select them.

1) Select type of Graph:
    • Bar (horizontal bars like the damage graph above)
    • Columns (Vertical bars like the hit graphs)
    • Line (Like the DPS graphs)
    • Pie (Like I've linked elsewhere for DoTs)
    2) Select what information you want to see:
    • Damage
    • DPS
    • Hits
    • Healing
    • Tanking
    3) Select the character to display for
    • All
    • Specific character
    4) Select damage type
    • All
    • DD
    • DoT
    • Slash/Bash/Blunt/Pierce etc.
    5) Select critical type
    • All
    • Normal
    • Critical
    I am considering ways to allow for multiple options to be selected, but I haven't gotten to that point yet. The idea being that you could select to display DPS Line graphs for multiple players on the same graph.
    I'm open to suggestions as well.

The main issue has been that a lot of this information isn't in an easily accessible structure in the program, which has required rewriting some of the core structures. For example, DoT damage was all lumped together into "DoT Damage." To separate out the damage for each specific DoT, calculate each DoT's DPS/DDPS, find min/max/avg hits for each DoT, was a large change.
  19. IblisTheMage Augur

What is it written in?
  20. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.