Gamparse

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Sultan, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoroxDrinal Elder

Thank you Beimeith:

1)If you have the option to ignore pulls on
    2) If the fight has 1 person for Attackers,
    3) AND that 1 Attacker is the Player parsing,
    4) AND the total damage is less than PullDamage (2,000 - hardcoded value)
    5) AND the fight duration is less than PullTimeOut (6s - hardcoded value)
    6) then it will remove the fight from the active list.

I think conditions #2 and #3 are irrelevant.
    Why does it matter how many people pull?
    Why does it matter who is parsing?

Since you are trying to find the "true" start of a fight, would it be an improvement to do the following?
    If start_of_fight is not identified and threshold damage by all players+pets+mercs on mob(integer option) is not met in 1s window, ignore damage from 1s window and continue scanning else start_of_fight identified.

This would give the option to pull with shaman slow + AA dot, normal dot or debuff, any minor dmg AA or clicky. And I could adjust the threshold based on the spell/tool I used to pull.
  2. menown Augur

Beimeith, is it possible for Gamparse to remove the damage logs during an HP lock of a raid event? I understand that this may be a case by case coding problem, due to different emotes for different raid bosses.

The benefits I see are the parsing junkies will quit their padding habits by changing targets during add waves and to more accurately see the true benefits of DoTs being used on raids.

Sorry if this is too complex to do.
    Warpeace likes this.
  3. Lianeb Augur

Why not just compile all the non boss mobs (exclude boss) in an event and call out the people that are not on it?
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

I didn't write it, that's original from Gam. My guess is that it was intended for the people doing the pulling which is why there are the extra restrictions.

The problem, as it always is with things like this, is that it's subjective. The 2,000 damage in 6s is fine for say, early TLPs, but on live you could pull with a nuke x10 that value and not get the mob below 99%. If I set it to 20k in 6s, that would exclude almost every fight in original EQ and the early expansions.

Or if you have someone pulling with no-damage attacks like tash/malo, it won't trigger it either since fights don't begin until damage is done.

What I could do is allow the values to be changed via settings, but the same problem arises: People would need to manually adjust it to their situation, and this has the potential for causing a lot of problems since the majority of the people using it don't generally mess with the settings.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

It's only possible if there is an emote saying the HP is locked, followed by another emote saying the HP is unlocked. Or if the NPC name changes while it is locked from "Big Boss Mob" to "Big Boss Mob (Invulnerable)" or something. Otherwise, GamParse has no way of knowing that the mob is HP locked since the damage messages in the log don't change.

Yes, I could manually add a phrase to say to accomplish this, but that would be so easy to abuse by people I won't.

Besides, you're a necro! Your class can pad those parses better than anyone! ;)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.