Game is headed into wrong direction

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by quakedragon, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Tucoh Augur

Dear DPG Love Letters, Mk III:

Please keep making content for casuals and tryhards so we can both have fun.
    bortage likes this.
  2. quakedragon Augur

Dear DPG,
    Please make just 1, just 1 is all I ask for.
    1 zone, lvl 90 - 115.

Back then 25 level range zones, it was common thing. Nowdays having a new zone 25 level range its unbelievable.

Bring back a classic EQ vibe on the live servers please. WIIIIIIIDE level ranges PLEASE.

Just 1 zone, 1 zone in past 10 years? Make it happen please.
  3. Celephane Augur

Name 1 zone that ever hosted 25 levels of play.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It was a common thing 18+ years ago. Then it dropped to 20 levels for a few years... then 10-15 levels just like it is now. Your sense of time is skewed.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Upper Guk, Lower Guk, SolA, Mistmoore... but they quickly dropped off by PoP to 20 levels at most. By GoD it was 15 levels.
  6. Randomized Augur

Sure, why not. I mean, you're still going to struggle just as much as you are right now. There's thousands of mobs between levels 90-115. Putting them in one zone isn't suddenly going to make the game easier on you. And it's not going to suddenly make it so 115s are begging to carry your level 93 butt.

But here's why they won't do that. They take pride in their work. They want you to experience their work. They're not going to cut out 8 years worth of work for you to just stick to 1 entire zone. You are free to keep day dreaming though.
    Duder likes this.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Ok, lets brainstorm a bit, how would a zone like that work?
    I am assuming there will be distinct areas for various level-ranges, lets say increments of 5. Will there be some questlines that takes you through the zone in progressive difficulty as you level up. Can you even design a single questline that would get you 25 levels? or will it just be a bunch of grindy camps in succession?

If you take a look at https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/zlvlchart.html you can see that the zones with a wide level-spread(excluding cities, which aren't "xp-zones") covers around 25 levels at most, but in my experience, you would have trouble finding good xp-camps near max-levels for those zones.
    Lets say they make a super grindy quest line(think master hunter's challenge in shards landing) where each step lets you earn a few levels, and that the zone-layout is like "lake of ill omen"(huge outdoor zone with lots of camps of various levels).

They are not going to make one zone that has the same amount of content as 5 expansions, you know.

Would you really spend 25 levels in the same zone(grinding/repeating the same quests again and again)? or would you rather experience 4-5 different expansions?
    I honestly think most people would rather try out the 4-5 expansions, and visit other zones just for variations sake.

I would go nuts If I had to stick to a single zone for 25 levels.:eek:
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Alnitak Augur

Dear DPG,
    Please do not listen to that incompetent whining troll.
    For every slacker like him, there is 20 level 115 characters eagerly waiting for more content designed for levels 116-120. Do not misdirect your development resources toward making outdated low-level content.
    Focus all your efforts of more and better high-end content, please-please-please !
    nitrocutter and Duder like this.
  9. Ashigaru Augur

In less than 30 words, can you explain why you actually want this?
  10. Rainlover Augur

what quake wants is a TSS for the high end; but when TSS came out, it was needed, and the design approach to EQ after TSS is consistant with that vision of trying to funnel people of a level/range into the same areas.

I think EQ is not what he remembers, and he is stuck on the idea that this will fix that. but zones with wide level ranges have more problems then benefits. and I see him back here complaining when ether the high end group 'swarms though' killing his things on there way to their deeper camp, or they 'run' out past him with a train that kills him.
    (I did not stick to 30 words, but then I also did not take his side I suppose)
  11. Randomized Augur

And that’s the thing. Those “wide spread zones” like City of Mist, which I believe is a 35-50 dubbed zone (53 according to Alla now that I look), doesn’t mean that you’re going to be gaining experience for all those levels. I think the majority of the mobs are green or greyed out by 50 easily. There’s like one mob that will still give experience at 53 (Lhranc perhaps). So yeah, a 90-115 zone would not have people going into 115 in the zone because the grind for those last 5 levels would be worse than mob grinding 110-115 in ToV/CoV

So if we go by those rules, then ToV and CoV are not 110-115 expansions but instead 105-123 expansions. Hey look! Wide level spread like back in the Kunark days. Your wish has been granted OP!
    Jumbur likes this.
  12. Duder Augur

The replies of this thread as well as all your kicking a screaming about the game being too hard says one thing to me: Everquest is not the game for you. At least, the live game isn't. Try out a TLP maybe. Or just move on entirely. I agree that the game in general needs more content, however, the things you suggest are not what the players in large seem to be interested in. I'm sorry that EQ isn't what you remember it to be, I feel for you. The TLP servers are fantastic for the nostalgia kick. I play on Aradune now more than the live servers and I love it. If you're interested come on by, I'll help you with some stuff (not powerlevels though). PM me here on the boards if you do.
    CatsPaws and Randomized like this.
  13. Randomized Augur

He's not. I've already PM'd him and offered him the exact same help and he completely ignored it and the very next day set up another rant thread.

Is there a way to ignore people on the forums? Because by this point it's just getting old. You can a lead a horse to water....
    Duder and Skrab like this.
  14. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

He’s worn out his support. I’m in favor of a Dragonscale Hills style zone with various leveling sections, because it’ll be good for the game. Quake is nonsensical though.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, left click their name under their icon. In upper right select "ignore"

"returner" pfft.
  16. Rainlover Augur

...we can lead a horse to water then he can dunk our heads in it and tell us that it is a fraction of a degree too cool for him?

I have loved reading your post and rebuttals to him
    Duder likes this.
  17. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Lets look at this level 90 - 115 zone.

It will be harder than the level 90 - 115 zones we now have the autogrant that will give the players more AAs than they had at that level. The mobs will hit harder as DPS and tanking has improved.

Gear drops would likely be equivalent/the same as you can obtain from other zones of that level.

To fit it into an expansion it would need to have a line in the lore/story, meaning you will have all the higher level chars there, meaning very little if anything for the lower level chars to kill.

If it was done like the islands in OOT you will still have issues moving from one island to the next as there is always a jump in difficulty when you switch to the next level island.

There will be complaints that stuff is too hard/easy even if they went with the same difficulty as other zones of that level.

You love talking about classic so lets do that shall we.
    Level 1 - 50 zones are harder in Kunark than classic
    Level 35 - 60 zones are harder in Velious than Kunark
    Level 1 - 60 zones in Luclin are harder than Classic, Kunark & Velious

See the pattern?

If you cannot do content in the era those levels were released don't expect a new zone to be any easier IF they ever decided to release an extra zone to cater to those levels.

Returning players are anything from level 1 (those who can't remember account details) to level 110 (quit before TOV released). Returning players aren't all magically mid level. The ones I've spoken to over the last couple of years all wanted to experience the expansions they had missed. They out leveled expsansion before they could visit all the zones, adding another zone isn't the best idea for them.
  18. Randomized Augur

Oh yeah, 100%. Give me a zone that's got a good 10 level spread on it. 110-120 in ToL. Have it set up like Field of Scale in the SoD expansion where you can start with "relatively weak" mobs, work into normal mobs, have some quests, have various "camps" at various levels. All for it. What Quake is asking for is just beyond reason though.

Much obliged :)

I hope they haven't been too harsh from a 3rd person perspective...but he keeps preaching "this is from a returnees viewpoint"....sir...i'm pretty sure i came back after you....with an 8 year break (or whenever VoA released)...I am who you're talking to/about.
  19. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I meant the pfft for him using the returner moniker, not you as a true returner. :)

I feel are all returners and like you, most of us do succeed.

If he wanted to he could learn to play the game.
  20. Randomized Augur

Oh yeah I wasn't calling you out - I was playing off your "pfft" remark to him :)
    CatsPaws likes this.