Game is headed into wrong direction

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by quakedragon, Oct 22, 2021.

1. FranktheBank Augur

You should elaborate on why you consider Paladins better raid tanks.
    Skuz likes this.
  2. Stymie Pendragon

I was wondering the same thing.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. demi Augur

I dont know i can go from lvl 42 to 70 rather quickly in veks!! dungeon exp rocks .. plus undead and golems :p
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

Armor of the Inquisitor.
    Heals > Taps.

SKs have their epic which makes them superior while it's up, and then left with a lot of desire and angst when it's not. Their epic click can't be on 100% of the time, but Paladins easily go 22+ minutes with disc / Armor rotations.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

That's it? That's your entire deciding factor?
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

What are you looking for? Lay Hands is superior to survival compared to Harm Touch?
    I haven't seen any counter arguments stating that SKs with their fewer quantitative tanking abilities are superior raid tanks.
  7. FranktheBank Augur

SK's have better threat generation, they have better mitigation tools, SK epic is so much better.
  8. Gorg00 Augur

Pretty much every disc/aa/spell tanking ability that a paladin has, the SK also has. On top of that SKs have:

- Epic 2.0
    - Leechcurse
    - Anguish BP
    - Mortal Coil

Such that they should pretty much always be ambiently leaching health back up.

I haven't looked recently, but I'm pretty sure that an SK lifetap spell healing ends up healing more than paladin heals as well.

On top of that, Reaver's Bargain is something wholly unique to SKs, and while it's active is one of, if not the, strongest mitigation ability in game.
    Skuz likes this.
  9. Wulfhere Augur

You should have led with that ;)
    Randomized likes this.
  10. Randomized Augur

Well, if we're going to play that game, I could technically go 1-115 in RoS's OT ;)
  11. Chaosflux Augur

Their lifetaps do end up healing more on average yeh, because of how lifetaps work and how spell crit smg works in conjunction with how the healing Calculation works.

There unbuffed lifetaps heal on ave as much as a Paladin heals with similar spells WHILE AOTI is going which isn't full up time
  12. Chaosflux Augur

Have you ever looked at how much healing is overhealing from priests in modern content, you lose half to three quarters of every heal to overhealing. Having healing abilities that pulse every second and a half (melee leech)

Is far more useful than adding more unrealized healing potential