Game crashes since patch/update this morning (07/11/12)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Turnbull, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Phlicia eci New Member

i also cannot afford to buy a new pc and have never had any issues with mine up until now i have a 82k unbuffed monk iv already missed all weeks raids and is no way in hell i can afford a new computer i hope the reimburse my time at least as i still pay month to month /sigh
  2. Phlicia eci New Member

whatever you did on your end SoE just undo it as the game wasent broke to begin with was it ?
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

[Thu Nov 08 22:04:11 2012]02994:fatal error in main thread Code = e06d7363 ADDR=0x74f3c41f

I'm going to assume that the numbers after the "fatal error in main thread Code" can be different than those reported by others, you just want us to send that info in if we get the "fatal error in main thread Code" with any numbers after it.

I have been sending in my dbg.txt and debug.dmp files, since the box to send info to SOE doesn't work for me when I play in full screen mode (something to do with my using two monitors, along with using Actual Multiple Monitors software, I believe). In the future, I will also send in my eqclient.ini and DXXDiag and MSinfo as well.

Since the "recompile" patch of November 7, 2012, I have now been crashing more often than before. I will continue to send in information, as I have been doing for many months now, but I will also now include the additional files you requested.
  4. JChan Developer

We've just deployed a fix for the crashing at character select issue. If you were experiencing this exact issue: "fatal error in main thread Code = c000001d ADDR=0x00792635" at character select (numbers matching and all), please update your client and try again.
  5. Satrrarn New Member

Took care of the problem I was having accessing character select, thank you
  6. Turnbull New Member

It apparently fixed the problem with it crashing. The 3-5 min load time is still there. Cpu usage goes to 100% the whole time with no apparent activity except 15 seconds before it loads to gameplay.

World of Warcraft takes 30 seconds MAX to switch from character to character. Speaking of which, too bad you didn't fix it sooner. I went out this morning and got a gamecard for WoW instead of EQ.

Sure i had to pay for 2 months but at least their game is WORKING !
  7. TSR-AlexS Augur

Glad the fix helped! Keep us updated in the matter :D
    Turnbull, I'm sorry about your load times. If you haven't already, please create a support ticket with your Dxdiag and Msinfo attached. I'll be happy to look into it further personally if you pm me your ticket reference number.