FYI: Fixing TBM Itemization Bugs/Issues is a Focus For the Team

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Roshen, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Triconix Augur

If you seriously and truly think this is killing lower tier guilds, you are beyond persuasion and just downright delusional. Nobody with more than 5 brain cells would ever even think about hinting that a handful of items with only more ac - literally that's the only positive over raid gear - would be more beneficial to a character. I'm not even going to begin to explain to you that not all pieces of gear are like this. If you did any bit of reasonable and analytical inquiry, you'd find that many of the TBM group pieces of gear are worse than group gear TDS. What does this mean? That TBM gear puts groupers even further back than raiders. However, you're completely ignoring this glaring transgression and getting all bent out of shape when a handful of items actually has more ac than what's it's probably supposed to have. However, these few items makes up for the utter lack of ac on the remaining items.

The mind boggling stats, or lack thereof, in regards to mod2s and hp/mana/endurance is a huge downgrade that the ac addition (remember, it's all softcapped ac with some pretty bad returns if you're not a tank) is just not enough to even consider being somewhat of an upgrade. You're losing upwards of a thousand h/m/e per item. You're also losing stats in every (?) single mod2 and every single heroic, except the one you focus your slot 5 aug in.

You literally need to wake up, smell the coffee and somehow acquire just a snippet of common sense or logic. You are so narrowed into this ac craze that it's stupefying whatever rational thought you may have left. You're argument is so bad it's on the edge of insanity. If you weren't so stubborn a person, I'd truly feel bad for you because you clearly have little knowledge on the more complex functions of EQ itemization.
  2. Kruzar New Member

Any chance we can see an update to the EM focus earrings for this expansion? The oozing bone spike really needs to be upgraded to an appropriate focus. (HA mob that requires 105 to beat) There is also an ear found in hate or fear that has the same lvl 75 focus. The only good EM ear for groupers is the one found in Crypt of Sul from the Watcher, and there should be other options.
  3. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I remember when Emo died to a tizmak while afk in GD. It was glorious!
  4. Silv Augur

OMG YOU'RE MISSING THE HUGE PRO :rolleyes: : Non-prestige! Someone who wants to coast on a silver or F2P account just needs the expansion and then they can be *close* to as functional as someone with a sub for all of TBM using the gear that drops there compared to superior gear from end-TDS or what not. I realize this is diverging from the point of people complaining about how 'junky' it is but there is definitely a target audience IMO.

Anyhow, agree with most all else you said (sorry I didn't want to quote it all again though since it's like right above).
  5. Bluey Lorekeeper

and that is a really interesting point because since last patch the Remnants of Tranqulity drop in many tasks now (heroics) like rain drops and that in a factor 2-3 of standard tasks. That means that one single group run gives you 6,6k on Remnants which gives all 75+ the opportunity to get easy non-prestige stuff which is really good for their level. From the selling point of view this is genious. If they would have merchandized that accordingly some more people would have realized that and simply bought that pack only because of this option.

And the focus effects are still at 55-75% - do you find any equipment which is non-prestige and gives a lvl75 such a bonus except the raid items which come close to that? At lvl75 SERS stuff is mostly prestige (Ashengate/Frostcrypt raid stuff).

I am not sure and didn't tested that - am even not sure this is intended - but this option is a buying reason for TBM for any free/silver player or main with alts on such an account.
  6. Phrovo1 Augur

I wonder who tanks better, Triconix in his raid gear or p2aa in what I assume to be group gear?
  7. Zaknaffein Augur

8. Abazzagorath Augur

You can beat the group content with RoF raid gear with ease. So who cares if SOME pieces of group gear (due to horrible itemization and putting all the stats on the slot 9 aug) are better in SOME ways to older group gear. Good for groupers. Mix and match for the best mix and be happy for them.

If you're a raider, who cares? The new raids are a joke and even if you ONLY did hate/fear and tier 1 raids you'll be maxed on gear and only losing a tiny amount of stats versus all the best tier 3 items. So let's not pretend if you can raid arx for gear you can't raid tbm.
  9. Ruven_BB Augur

Maybe I'm missing something, but group gear now should be better than 3 expansions ago group gear?

Its really apparent that whoever was and is doing gear has missed the boat on so many levels, that its probably going to take a complete revamp to make it work.

Ruven
  10. Abazzagorath Augur

I'm honestly not even sure what you are talking about.
  11. segap Augur

Exactly this. I've started gearing up my warrior alt. Six pieces thus far. I'm now right at the cap for avoidance. More slots and I'll fall below. Accuracy and combat effects are well below the cap now. The others are ok for now, but will risk falling below with more pieces in place.

I realize warriors are not dps, but I'm losing a ton of attack on every piece. Even if I go with the balanced Vengeful aug that has the most attack, I lose. The second most attack on a type nine is oddly enough the mana aug. Go figure. Are rangers and beasts really going all mana? I'm trying to balance two AC augs with one HP aug, but the HP ones have no attack at all (I'm still going that route). Are they meant only for shaman and necros? Guess they don't want pure melee to sacrifice mana for hp although that also sacrifices end. The Fulcrum aug looks like it might want to be a melee aug (no spell damage), but has half the attack as the Vengeful.

On the type 5s, I'm going hAgi. Doing so, I lose hDex compared to even cotf t2 group gear. I do gain hCha, hInt and hWis, but all the others which actually have a purpose on the stat not chosen are loses.

So, yes, you can boost AC, but over all, the gear is a mess. One size fits all for every slot and every class off a level 75 base is not working.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Geri_Petrovna Augur

Similar to how I'm doing it, Segap.
  13. Frakius New Member

Kind of confused as to why a item drop off TBM HA (oozing bone spike) has EMX11 on it whereas my old focus from CoTF has EMXV, basically have to swap in the old earring when summoning pet, very confused as to why new gear has focus effects from 3 expansions or more ago on it. Is it a bug?
  14. Hellboy007 Augur

I gave up trying to understand TBM group gear.. whatever the case trying to use 100% group gear is an issue in some way or another. you pretty much have to mix and match old and new.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I agree with you completely. TBM gear was more smoke and mirrors from Daybreak. A quick glance at the TBM group gear makes it look like a big upgrade but as you say a detailed look shows otherwise. A friend went ahead and switched over to all TMB from a mix of cotf t1 and t2 raid gear possible a couple group pieces and it wasn't pretty. A mix gear seems the best idea.