FYI: Fixing TBM Itemization Bugs/Issues is a Focus For the Team

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Roshen, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Triconix Augur

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=123809 Put this into any ear with a slot 9 and it's automatically more AC than raid gear. There is a huge drop in hp, though.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  2. Mayfaire Augur

Thanks Triconix! :)
    Triconix likes this.
  3. Greymantle Augur

I am curious as to the differences in the types of raid weapons. 2H types, have a type 5 aug slot as well as the normal types. Yet none of the 1 H types i have seen have the type 5. Talking raid weapons , not the scaleable stuff .

Currently using only damage augs in the 1 H types i have, i get more H/M/E from the 2 H with type 5 and a damage aug. Seems a little strange.
  4. Axxius Augur

Yeah, 216 AC is way too high for group non-vis gear. It's there because the type 9 aug is one and the same for all slots. For rings it's too much, for BP it's way too little. They put some median value on it instead of making different type 9 augs for different slot groups. It's lazy and a failure.

But you aren't going to drop 1500 HP and 20+ all heroics for that 11-15 AC difference anyway. Raids rings are still far better than group ones.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  5. Iila Augur

This patch included some minor upgrades for raid gear AC, not sure if item collectors have picked that up yet.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  6. p2aa Augur

TBM group slot example :
    Ear : Severed Hooplet + Type 9 aug = 20 + 216 = 236 AC.
    Finger : Render's warped buckle + Type 9 aug = 25 + 216 = 241 AC
    Where are the 201-205 AC earring ? The max I see for TBM raid is 186 AC, both for earring and ring.
    It's far to be 10-15 AC difference, it's + 55 AC per ring and + 50 AC per earring difference.
    Also, if you take TDS raid gear, the max AC is 175, and there is no type 5 aug. So it makes the gap even bigger.
    The problem is not what you win or loose there. My problem is that raid gear, including raid gear of the former expansion, stats should be superior in all stats compared to group gear. Always has been the case since some long time, and it's not now, with some big difference in AC. 50 AC between group and raid stuff of the same expansion is just insane.
    Even if the raid gear AC has been a bit increased, and your ring-earring is 200 ish AC, it's still less AC than the broken TBM group stuff.
  7. Axxius Augur

Ok, I missed that some of the group items have their own 20 AC. So the difference is bigger, around 30-35 AC. Still not worth trading a lot of HP and heroics.

Raid earrings with 201-205 AC? Here:
    http://tbm.eqresource.com/raidgear.php?class=war&type=ear&stat=ac&tier=1&Submit=Submit

As for TDS raid gear, no argument there, it got outdated too fast. The power jump in 1 expansion, not even a level raise one, is way too steep.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  8. Tyraxor Augur

Or: buy the new one, because your old stuff is crap now.
    Makes farming boring Raids so very motivating...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. p2aa Augur

Once again you miss my point, i'm not looking to check if as a raider i should use this group stuff.
    My problem is that raid gear, including of the former expansion, has always been better in all stats compared to group gear. It's not the case for AC here.
  10. Triconix Augur

In all honesty, it's not a big deal. There are more than enough drop offs from group gear that the extra AC is trivial. Keep calm and raid on. You don't have to worry about the group stuff if you're a raider. It doesn't concern you in the slightest so you shouldn't worry about it. Does it affect your play? Does it make you worse? Does it make you inferior? Does it give groupers a huge edge over raiders? All the questions can be answered in one word: No.

Unless you are just insecure and need that epeen at full erect to feel good. Idk, it's nothing that's too troubling. A few pieces of gear with higher AC that raid gear (with awful mod2s and hp) and all the other pieces are vastly inferior.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  11. Triconix Augur

You're welcome.
  12. WhycantIlogin New Member

You guys seem to be ignoring the fact that for group tanks some tbm gear slots are a downgrade in ac, bp/legs while others are an upgrade ring/ear/wrist. You're focusing on a single slot without looking at the big picture... group geared tanks will still be 50k hp below you, do you really need them to also be 5000ac behind too?
  13. p2aa Augur

Of course, when you ask for AC increase for BP / legs, you don't speak of the very inflated AC you yet received on the other pieces, which should be fixed. Atm you can have the same AC than a TDS raid geared tank. That's simply not right.
  14. Ghubuk Augur

They wont have the same ac and it comes at a cost of hp and mod2's.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You can't just look at ac without at a minimum looking at hp too.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually its not right or wrong just a change from the past. And as the game population shrinks it may make more sense to bring the gear closer to raid gear. As we get less and less content having the gear closer in stats will let Daybreak to design content without as much variation in difficulty levels.

AND

as Ghubuk says there is a big loss of HP and mod2's. Daybreak wants people to buy TBM. They figure group players will see the big ac increases and want the expansion and the gear. Thing is taking into account the losses in hp etc its not as big an increase as it looks like. Just saying.
  17. Insanekitty Lorekeeper

Hellz yeah Sheex :) haha , i wonder if raf remembers the oldies like emodius , seefour, relix, gaunt, enfertel among many others

IK was here
  18. Dersk Elder

If the prizes behind the ticket counter for playing dance-dance-revolution aren't superior enough to the stuffed animals coming out of the arcade claw machine, I'll make sure to tell an adult that your feelings got hurt.
  19. p2aa Augur

So DBG goal is to kill low-tier raid guilds that still farm Arx regularly and mid-tier raid guilds that still have Arx as a target sometimes the time to break far in TBM raids ? Cause this is what this group gear is doing. I have not seen anywhere from devs that negating the raid gear of the former expansion was the new goal of DBG. So now the game should be group people not raiding and high end raiding guilds that can flood their members with new raid gear and don't care of former expansion raid gear ?
    Also from a personal point of view playing this game for some long time, AC on raid gear has always been a major difference with group gear, this was HP usually that was not far of raid gear of the former expansion, but AC had always been the difference. And seing that it became even better than the current raid gear AC is just completly stupid.
  20. Phrovo1 Augur

hmm, a couple hundred AC or a few thousand health and endurance :eek: