FV is NOT the most popular ruleset

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by 6rout, Feb 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Nah You can't compare Brekt to live servers. Brekt was a dumping server for Quarm even. You can't compare that to servers that existed for 15+ years and are often merged from 4+ servers back in the day. There is almost 0 reason to start a new toon on Brekt over FV. FV has like close to 20 years of Raid loot floating around and tons of stuff on the Bazaar, Brekt has basically nothing, when the primary appeal of a server is being able to trade no-drop but there is very little gear to buy in the Bazaar at all very few people are gonna touch the server. Even then with all of that working against it the population is still very comparable to some of the less popular live server like Trak.

FV definitely wasn't as popular in the past, but people who have tried FV almost all end up liking it. Which is why the server is now the most popular live server.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I'm sorry, but that is exactly why Brekt is proof that the FV ruleset is not that popular. Also, not near all the people who tried FV ended up liking it.
  3. Quill Augur

Brekt doesn't have AoC's. If it did, it would be far more popular.

Personally, you don't want FV Loot on TLP? Fine. Then put AoC's on FV. At that point, the other servers can burn for all I care.

Its not really TLP I care about. Having a server with both FV Loot and AoC's is the only thing I really want. If it takes TLP to get there.. fine. If it doesn't and they just upgrade FV to let us carpet bomb old raids... even better.
    ForumBoss likes this.
  4. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Nah the only thing it's proof of is your unwillingness to deal with the issue honestly. Trakanon like Brekt is a newer standard live server. It doesn't have 19 years of history like say Bristlebane. Trakanon is less popular then Brekt. It's very clear that how long a server has been around effects it's population which is why Brekt and Trak are the lowest population servers and yet Brekt despite being newer is more popular then Trak.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

AoCs have no point in this discussion, AoCs do not exist on FV or Brekt thus have no involvement in the FV ruleset. Also, I never stated at any point about having or not having FV ruleset on a TLP server. I was solely commenting in support of this thread's title, FV not being the most popular ruleset.

As far as AoCs on any server long term, I would not hold your breath from how they have worded what will happen with the TLP servers when they catch up to Live it sounds like they will lose their special rules, so that makes it seem as if they do not want things like AoCs on standard servers.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

No, Brekt started with a built in population, Trakanon did not. Also, Trakanon was started as a straight up new standard server without any input or desire for one from the playerbase. It effectively was not needed at all at the time. Vox server is 2 years newer than Trakanon and considerably more successful because it was launched and marketed to those who were coming to EQ at that time and there was a reason for them to join it.

Trakanon was added because after the success of the original Progression servers and the 51/50 server, SOE was seeing how little they could do and still get the short term windfall, so they opened a straight server without really asking the playerbase what they wanted. It always had a low population, and then was further hurt when EQ went F2P and instead of directing people to Trakanon SOE created another new standard server Vox.

Also, the last and most damning piece of information for your attempts to compare Trakanon and Brekt is that Trakanon has a rule that you can transfer off it for free, but you cannot transfer onto it at all. Meanwhile Brekt (as with FV) characters can be transferred onto the server but not off of it. Perhaps if they were to have offered free transfers from FV to Brekt, then both servers would have a more balanced population. A new standard server which people cannot transfer their existing characters to and does not have any brand new players being directed to is doomed to fail, especially when they are given free transfers off of it.
  7. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

LOL You're a really honest guy
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.