Free Trade Servers - Literally in High Demand

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wade_watts, May 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hdizzle Augur

As someone neutral to free trade, I will happily give someone krono or money to farm things for me Lol.
  2. wade_watts Augur

Server Watch 2022 Update: Tuesday, 5/3 - Noon.

While totally unsurprising to nearly everyone, Free Trade and Mischief aligned servers still represent 100% of the High Population servers. A consistent show of support for the mischief and FT ruleset marches forward - even in spite of a couple forum warriors abusing and opposing this ruleset. Clearly, people are even playing on the Bristlebane server just to support the desire for another Mischief ruleset server.

To better understand the massive desire for FT & mischief servers we captured comments from a couple players in a man-on-the-street interview. Here is what they had to say:

Crovsar, a 10+ year EQ player and veteran of many TLPs says: "Well, of course people want Mischief - it's friggin' awesome. This has totally opened up a new style of gameplay on something that was becoming so routine and losing interest. I've had so many friends come back and play the game and it's awesome to see new life being breathed into EQ with this creativity"

Wador, major EQ fan, subscriber of 4 accounts, and self-proclaimed Huguenot says: "I'm not sure why DPG didn't release another Mischief version - everyone in my guild thought they were going to for sure! We sadly missed Mischief on release because we didn't trust how it would be delivered. Boy were we wrong - now we were all really hoping to experience it on a new TLP but our hopes were dashed. I sure hope it comes back again!"
    Legends and Manafasto like this.
  3. Manafasto Augur

I would like to hear from BabyMamaDrama on what's happening now in Norrath.
  4. Rcbauer Augur

You have 3 servers. Why would you want to leave this paradise?
  5. Triconix Augur

Q: Why is Yelinak using a standard progression server ruleset and not any special rules?
    A: There is a strong demand for a classic progression server and this is to satisfy that demand. While there are voices for other rule subsets, we find it best to have something traditional along with something as different as the Vaniki server.

wade_watts: shockedpikachu.jpeg
  6. Arclyte Augur

[IMG]

ayn rands of norrath on suicide watch
  7. Nolrog Augur

One and one and one is two.

Even Old Flat Top could add that up.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

But one of them doesn't count because it doesn't fit the high population narrative!
    Skuz likes this.
  9. wade_watts Augur

Server Watch 2022 Update: Tuesday, 5/3 - 5PM. - In an unsurprising move, DPG lets players know that they actually don't like Mischief and Free Trade even though the only high-population servers are mischief (or tangential) or free trade. Everyone is now convinced that Mischief and Free Trade are undesirable and we expect the population of those servers to drop rapidly as a result as people play on what they really like - which we now know is the same server reproduced for a sixth time. The beatings will continue until players start having fun.
  10. Thenextgoldknyght New Member

This Post Didnt Age Well, DPG says sorry wade

Q: Why is Yelinak using a standard progression server ruleset and not any special rules?
    A: There is a strong demand for a classic progression server and this is to satisfy that demand. While there are voices for other rule subsets, we find it best to have something traditional along with something as different as the Vaniki server.
  11. wade_watts Augur

The ruleset were announced weeks ago - the purpose of my updates are to illustrate that they already missed an opportunity. Nobody expected the FAQ to drastically change the rulesets.

Original purpose remains thus the updates must continue.

Well…. Until I get bored
    Legends likes this.
  12. Xazier Elder

Strong demand as in the "Plvlng Community" demading it because too many people are twinking themselves on Mishchief and leveling themselves as opposed to buying plvls.

This plvlng community aka the Kronolords are working hand in hand with DBG because the more Krono consumed and purchased = win/win for both.
  13. Omani Journeyman

Free trade would have been decent if it was a pure FV clone. Random loot and extra drops really watered down the server.
  14. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

The reptilians will soon be upon us. They will do their best to keep the aliens from injecting penicillin into our ears when we sleep. Tom Cruise warned us of this. Keep your reflective helmets at the ready, comrades.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Spamming the forums with the same misleading information doesn't show that there is any demand for it and actually points out that there is a lack of demand.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  16. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Got you covered, bb.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.