Free Trade Servers - Literally in High Demand

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by wade_watts, May 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wade_watts Augur

MAY 1, 2022 - Sunday Afternoon. There are only 4 High Population Servers:

2 Free Trade Servers (FV & Mischief)
    1 Live server (Bristlebane)
    1 Bot/Boxing server (Rizlona)

While 24 servers offer "standard" rulesets, the only two that offer Free Trade are both High Population consistently. It's irrefutably clear, people that play EQ simply desire Free Trade and Mischief rulesets. DPG, you should have chosen better for the 2022 TLP's - sad that you don't respond to what your players enjoy.

Sorry naysayers - the facts don't care about your feelings.
  2. Cideral Lorekeeper

anti free trade and anti-truebox is likely related, they think it will force others into grouping with them. And some on principle, thinking it's "easy mode" if you can purchase stuff instead of being forced to join the safaris to get your gear.

Oddly enough - since the most replayed TLP eras are Classic through PoP, it's worth mentioning that there's a lot more tradeable stuff in those eras than later. Especially Classic and Kunark.
    Xanathol likes this.
  3. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Daybreak has reviewed the forum footage and ruled that Wade & Company do not have enough evidence to overturn the rule set. Free-Trade-Haters still have possession of the rules at the 1st of May on the 25th yard line. We're going for the win! *crowd cheers*
    Zrender likes this.
  4. wade_watts Augur

5. Pappasalt Augur

Game based off DnD....locks all items to that person!
  6. Arclyte Augur

7. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

EDIT: May 25th cannot come soon enough. I look forward to seeing who shows up on Yelinak. See yea forums!
    Zrender likes this.
  8. Zansobar Augur

You can lead a horse (DPG) to water, but you can't make them drink (offer Free Trade ruleset servers).

Keep fighting the good fight though.
    wade_watts likes this.
  9. Kahna Augur

If there were only 2 regular servers they would be high at all times too. You can't compare the populations of something that is highly restricted with the populations spread out over two dozen different servers. If you look at all of the EQ populations, more people choose not to play on Free trade than choose to play on it. You are presenting the facts in a manner that supports your hypothesis, but doesn't accurately represent the real state of affairs.
    aalith, Greymantle4, Skuz and 7 others like this.
  10. wade_watts Augur

[IMG]

This post is helping me move from Depression to Acceptance.

Honestly, like most that wanted Mischief or at least Free Trade on the new TLP's, I don't really care that much. Just trying to make sure the voices are out there for when DPG wonders why the popularity of these servers aren't as high as the past. Hopefully we will see something in 2023 that will bring folks back again. It is what it is at this point, just having some fun with it now.
    Nennius likes this.
  11. Gnomie Denser than most

So stay on Mischief. I don't know why people who hop TLP's every year want to demand that every TLP be tailored just for them. Rulesets are meant to be special for that server. People who want to stay on those servers get to benefit from those rulesets.

You folks who chronically jump TLP's year after year shouldn't always have new TLP's tailored to your krono farming needs.
    Meridian, Yinla, Zrender and 3 others like this.
  12. Triconix Augur

Counterpoint: It only requires two servers to appease the entire FT community.

Seriously, this is such a silly argument. Of course FV will have a higher population. The people who want FT have literally no optional server with that ruleset. They will all go there.

Let's say a town has 3 restaurants: 1 Greek and 2 Italian. The Greek restaurant has 1,000 regular customers. The Italian restaurants each have 750 regular customers. Does that mean Greek food is more popular than Italian when comparing customer numbers of one restaurant each? No, common sense tells you there are more total Italian food lovers (750x2 = 1500 > 1000 = 1000x1)
    Skuz, Yinla and JustAnotherOpinion like this.
  13. wade_watts Augur

As mentioned above - sadly (for you) facts don't care about your feelings. Free Trade servers = High population. The only thing that can come close to competing is a single live server and the botting server.

The data is clear and beyond question, everything else is just cope.
  14. Gnomie Denser than most

As for your "facts". It's easy to skew data to fit your own needs and call it facts. There are currently 12 "live" servers that are no-trade, and only one live server that is Free trade (and increased exp rates).

Now, can you prove that if there were 12 Free trade servers to match the no-trade counterparts, they would all be in high demand? And consistently more populated than the other live servers? Can you prove that FV has more players than all other live servers combined? Or could it be that their population is spread more thin due to having 12x more servers?

If you can't objectively prove that, then you're speculating. And speculation is not fact.

As for Mischief, it's the most recent TLP, and a new one hasn't been released yet. Almost every TLP in the past has had high numbers until the next one releases, free trade or not. I mean, Thornblade is medium pop right now at the highest playtime of the week (sunday afternoon/evening). If free trade is in such high demand, why is it not high as well?

I have nothing against free trade, and actually prefer it. You're right, facts don't care about your feelings, but you have yet to present facts. You've presented your vague interpretation of data and called it fact.
    Skuz and Zrender like this.
  15. Triconix Augur

Which is exactly what you're doing.

Total population of those who play on non FT servers > population of FT servers. These are indisputable facts. Since the population of non-true non-FT servers (all of live + Rizlona) is greater than FT servers, I guess every single TLP should be that ruleset.

How the turntables.
    Skuz and Dragon Jockey like this.
  16. Umul Augur

Half the high population servers are not truebox. Clearly there is a demand for a non truebox server.
  17. wade_watts Augur

Great observation.

As an update, Sunday PM. Literally the only TLP servers with a high population are either non-truebox or have Mischief ruleset. The hits keep on coming. My sincere apologies to all you anit-FT, anti-mischief folks for being the bearer of news that is so devastating to your position. I just report the news, I don't create it.
  18. Crabman Augur

I'd be happy with a free trade server. The random of mischief killed it for me though. Shinai off Grummus... cmon now.
    Legends and Umul like this.
  19. Umul Augur

I could dig free trade, just don't tell me how to box yo.. Lol
  20. Barton The Mischievous

IMO, Unless someone can post a source with actual verified player counts.
    Cherry picking data and speculating based off generic high/medium/low counts is no more worthwhile than just posting an opinion.
    EDIT: I mean I guess you could get a decent estimate if you logged prime time chat channels(yes this would only get those in chat channels) and or developed a methodology to check zones for numbers of players with a large enough team but that would take a lot of work and still only be an estimate, but a lot better one
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.