fixing the raid scene without instancing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by kraggnar, Jul 16, 2015.

1. kraggnar Elder

Whoever get's on the raid mobs hate list before it dies gets a lockout of xxx amount of time. If you have the lockout and get on the hate list you get ported out of the zone.
    skattabrainz, Rhiyannon and Smallpox like this.
  2. Smallpox Augur

That (seems) like a reasonable, easy fix.
  3. Diemond Augur

And this fixes it for the guilds that can put together more than 1 raid force how?
  4. taliefer Augur

the fact that this is even a question is one of the reasons alot of people simply dont get involved in the raid scene. zerg gaming is not fun
    Grish likes this.
  5. Banuvan Augur

How long would this lockout be? Raid targets are spawning daily ( couple exceptions in there ) so how long would you lock people out for? 3 days? 5? 7?
  6. Diemond Augur

There is only 2 ways it can be fixed to satisfy the majority of people. One is expedition style instancing and the other is target only spawns if a guide/gm is there to spawn it and is using some kind of rotation. Anything other than those and there will be ways around it.
  7. Banuvan Augur

Yep. The simple fix is just to instance it and be done with it. Usually the best answer is the simplest answer.
    Elkay likes this.
  8. Diemond Augur

Simply instancing them won't fix it at all, it would have to be expedition style instancing.
    Elkay likes this.
  9. taliefer Augur

that violates their Vision(tm) of the game. i give the devs credit to sticking to their artistic view of the game, even if i disagree with the results.
  10. kraggnar Elder

This depends on how mad we make the Gm's to put this fix in. They already said if they have to step in we aren't going to like it.

I would suggest 24 hours but they may decide that since we made extra work for them to make it longer.

And yes I know some of the guilds could field multiple raid groups. There is nothing to be done about that.
  11. Brurus Journeyman

Why not just fix the 'raid scene' with instances?

Never mind, lets try every other possible solution other then the obvious.
  12. Owndar Elder

How would this prevent the following.

Using unmentioned 3rd party software to tag mobs before they actually render
    Blurring trash mobs to get an entire raid locked out
    Leapfrogging
    Training
    Just 1-2 people tagging a mob just before a raid engages said mob just to get them locked out
    2000 level 50s on the server and only enough raid content for 200ish people.
    sihpa, Fallfyres and Rhiyannon like this.
  13. Banuvan Augur

Trying to be creative isn't needed here. Seriously the solution is just to instance the raid targets. It solves every single problem that keeps showing up on the forums. Don't try to sound smart. Don't try to be creative. Keep it simple.
    ImSorryButIHadTo likes this.
  14. kraggnar Elder

@OWNDAR... that stuff you mentioned is all petitionable. except leapfrogging. And tagging a mob wouldn't lock anyone out except the taggers who would be on the hate list, which means you wouldn't want to do that.
    Blurring trash mobs also wouldn't cause a lockout.

My solution only tries to enforce a rotation it doesn't keep the trash players from being trash players. That is up to them to remember what they learned in kindergarten.
  15. Banuvan Augur

They could just instance them and forget about a rotation.
  16. Sebbun Augur

I agree, only fix is instancing. Lets stop making this complicated. It isn't.
    Elkay likes this.
  17. Vlerg Augur

the ''vision'' that they totally forgot about in PoP+, soon as the technology became available?
    Elkay likes this.
  18. taliefer Augur

I'm not saying i agree with, or even think its a good decision for the health of the servers. Old eq raid content wasn't instanced/expeditioned. The devs want to keep that in tact. They've stated such multiple times.
  19. trevock Augur

Like there's literally NO reason not to instance raids. Give me one good reason why raids shouldn't be instanced. You literally solve a TON of problems by JUST instancing raids.
  20. Diemond Augur

The one reason that matters to them, they don't wanna.