Fix Shaman Class Please

Discussion in 'Priests' started by FixShamanPlease, Jul 19, 2015.

1. FixShamanPlease Elder

Comparing with others priests:
    Crap DPS
    No Track
    No Evac
    No Ports
    No DPS Burn
    Heals OK like merc.
    Can't Heal and DPS with one spell.
    Epic 2.0? Its OK for Raids but for if you dont group with right class it's useless.
    Debuffs? Not enough.
    CC? VP!
    No Insta Group Invis
    No DS

ETC ETC

Please fix them.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

Umm, find a good shaman?

They're one of the most powerful classes in the game.
    Perplexed likes this.
  3. complexication Kassina

There's absolutely nothing wrong with Shaman. Given that they're one of the more powerful classes in game (if you exclude the obvious go-to powerclasses), if someone's having a problem with their shammy then they're obviously not doing it right.
    Perplexed likes this.
  4. Igniz Augur

Crap DPS - You are primarily a healer and support
    No Track - only bards, druids and rangers can track
    No Evac - you got gate
    No Ports - DRU/WIZ only
    No DPS Burn - Edit: This should be helping
    Heals OK like merc - Are you complaining you can do the same job a cleric merc does(who doesnt use all spells a real cleric uses)?
    Can't Heal and DPS with one spell. You can debuff and heal with one spell, or debuff and DPS with another
    Epic 2.0? Its OK for Raids but for if you dont group with right class it's useless. - Your Epic Effect helps casters and melees alike
    Debuffs? Not enough. - Malo and Slow seems enough for me, what do you need more?
    CC? VP! - You can safely offroot two mobs and a third one 30 seconds after, or everything in front of you via AoE
    No Insta Group Invis - 0.5 seconds cast time seem fast enough
    No DS - Worry not, EVERYONE got a DS clickie nowadays
  5. Dre. Altoholic

Sounds like you should have rolled a druid.
    Iila and Perplexed like this.
  6. Porterz73 Augur

I have to agree with Dre, it really looks like you should have chosen Druid.
    The comparison says Priests but it really looks like a straight Druid envy list which fails to highlight the many nice perks a Shammy has.

Sure it would be fun to have the best heals, ports, evac, DS, DPS and all the Shammy goodies, but I predict a raid of 52 Shammy will not happen soon.

Good luck fixing the poor old Shammy class.
  7. Coronay Augur

Shaman are awesome. All those negatives you listed go away when you group with others !
  8. Andronicus Elder

Sounds like you want a Druid??

edit: Sounds like I'm late to the party.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Not sure neutering the shaman class would be a good idea.. oh thats NOT what you meant by FIX. My bad.
    complexication likes this.
  10. Songsa Augur

Care to take a queue ticket?
  11. Povarmonk Elder

there is nothing wrong with the shaman class at all!
  12. Necromonious Augur

I think the OP is probably upset with the stagnation (somewhat) of slows, and the improvement of druid debuffs over the years. There was a time when slows were absolutely required, and a time when the "paw" line of buffs created significant damage increases (now they are kind of terrible) for both pets and melee. Shaman definitely had a "prime" time, and I don't think it is now.

Don't play one, so can't comment on their performance now, although having grouped with them, they greatly exceed the healing my healer merc can do
  13. Bigstomp Augur

Umm, slows are still absolutely required on content you aren't overgeared for.
  14. Snowman Augur

we need some personal dps - just for the group game calm down everyone -- and they need to lower the cast time of maw ....
  15. FixShamanPlease Elder

EDIT:

No Harmo
    No 1million+ nukes
    No Charm
    No Quad
    No not-linked best dps spells with previous ext

ETC ETC

Anyone here playing the 3 priests seriously?
    Any devs playing eq?
    Please reply with facts, not only with a subjective "shm are powerful/awesome", it means nothing.
  16. Brohg Augur

Ain't got no facts. I'm'a hit up my homie Macbeth doe', he drop some truf:

it is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.
    Poote, Crystilla and Iila like this.
  17. Iila Augur

I don't know why you guys don't get ITC and some kind of dot disc.

Maw needs a solid reworking to stop being garbage and should probably just become an aura.
    porky likes this.
  18. Repthor Augur

im so sad you rolling a shaman dident make you a druid. dont worrie im sure you have freinds that can plvl you a druid even tho the shammy class is super powerful contributer in groups and raids with someone who nows how to play it. its not perfect but no class is. so i hope you reroll so you enjoy your gameplay more
    Iila likes this.
  19. Raidarr Journeyman

I WOULD like an update to the haste line. (65) Other than that I'm fine.
  20. porky Augur

I think this is the first time(in 16 years!) that I have read/seen/heard of any other class! being envious of the druid class. You really need to make a druid and play one for a bit to see how off-kilter your view is. Seriously, Shaman have two main problems IMO:
    1. Their panther buff has to long a casting time especially for a healer class, i agree with Ilia on this the best easiest fix would be to make it an aura with the same effect and duration as the druid/chanter MR aura.
    2. Shaman are so overpowered that they are the most boxed class in the game. Which both means whatever group you want to join, probably has a shaman in it, and that they will possibly be over-critical of your playing ability, since they think they play their shaman box better than you. The only way to fix this would be to make the class actually harder to play, so that it required more attention to optimize their abilities.