Fix Shaman Class Please

Discussion in 'Priests' started by FixShamanPlease, Jul 19, 2015.

1. Crystilla Augur

I think Fenudir's comment is more based on the very common knowledge that shaman are extremely good in the raid game and not 3rd rate healers (and not based on making a parse). Well, 2nd and 3rd place still keep their groups up and make parse, all while helping others's DPS and slowing mobs. That might be 'third' rate depending what someone's definition of 3rd rate is ... but most will say that 3rd rate is still awesome.
    Fenudir likes this.
  2. telechir Elder

I think the point he was making is that ranking high on a "raid" heal parse due to rain heals is pretty misleading as to the actual heal power of the class.

I kind of see it like if a wizard were to crit nuke a mob that had 100 hps left for over a million damage. That wizard is shown on the parse doing a million damage like the shaman is shown "healing" for a lot during the raid.
  3. Fenudir Augur

Except that heal parses don't work this way. First off, an accurate heal parse can really only be produced by the person actually getting healed. Second, splash or AE heals like Surge don't do anything to up your position on that part just because they hit multiple people. Don't get me wrong, Surge is a fantastic spell but on it's own, it won't get you to the top of a heal parse.

This is basically correct. Although shamans don't have the monster heals that clerics or even druids do, it's a moot point since, either in the group or raid game, they do very well as healers both in keeping a MT alive as well as their own group (I would argue that they are the equal of clerics with regards to group heals). If you can achieve the same goal as the other two healer classes then the distinction of who is first, second, or third string is a non sequitur.
    Crystilla likes this.
  4. Brohg Augur

You weren't discussing haste, you were discussing "something more" than haste for melee dps buffing. You did acknowledge from the beginning that haste has been capped since Nagafen. The enchanter "something more" is tacked onto the haste buff, shaman "something more" is separate. Please do clarify if you meant something else.
    Iila likes this.
  5. FixShamanPlease Elder

Grab our single buff in lobby and pop a merc, you will be good for a few hours!
  6. Fenudir Augur

I was discussing haste specifically and I did mean something more directly attached to the haste buff much like the enchanters.

I maintain that something should be added to shammy haste to make it a little more desirable than it currently is -- which is basically a booby prize (and no, that term does NOT refer to breasts. Google it).
  7. Brohg Augur

why, though? You say should, but don't say why. Why should any mod shm get be on the haste buff instead of on one of the other buffs?
  8. Raccoo Augur

I had group pact of wolf attached to my epic clicky, till I realized it doesn't add anything except for hp/mana, that doesn't stack with mounts/familiars/etc. Would be nice to add something with the group AA line so we can add something else adps-wise. Currently it's use is limited to buffing newbies/lowbies.

I wonder how many shaman boxes are former shaman mains.

Another problem with our personal dps, is requiring malo/path before we can get our dots to stick.
  9. Ravengloome Augur

Or the fact your dps is DOT based to begin with.
  10. Demen New Member

we need some personal dps and a quicker casting lion/panther/whatever. /wave Myzr ohh an anything this Fenudir cat says is going to be terrible he's a subpar zerker and a subpar shaman at best. go go 100k parse ohh yeah
  11. FixShamanPlease Elder

Is the melee dps upgrade a good or bad thing for shammies?
  12. Brohg Augur

Utterly irrelevant to shamaning
    Iila likes this.
  13. Fenudir Augur

lmao
  14. Fenudir Augur

If you mean the 6 ranks of double attack, absolutely pointless.
  15. Sebbina Augur

In all fairness us other priests demand to be able to do Alchemy, plus have haste and slow melee buffs.
  16. FixShamanPlease Elder

No, I was asking how the melee dps upgrade will affect shaman.
    I really dont think it will be 'irrelevent'.
    For exemple our proc buff was already a low % of the total dps will be close to nothing. We will be a 2.0 clicky robot what we already were....Great.
    Our Mamouth is loosing his interest also.
    All this is 'irrelevent'? Are you playing a shaman?
  17. Brohg Augur

So, as before, you will cast buffs.
    As before, you will click your epic when it's available.
    As before, you will cast Talisman of the Leopard if you have nothing better to do.

yep, sounds like nothing changed and the melee dps upgrade is irrelevant to shm. NEXT
  18. FixShamanPlease Elder

Exactly the point of this thread. When you have nothing better to do than casting this 'irrelevant' buff then your class have a problem.
  19. Brohg Augur

No, you have a problem, if you can't figure out what else to be casting. The rest of the high level shaman seem to have tons to do and just don't bother casting Leopard much.
  20. FixShamanPlease Elder

Oh! Maybe you can enlighten me Mr high level (boxed) shaman...