Failed harder than in any other game post Heroic.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by AguaPurificata, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Fyrerock Augur

Each class has it's strengths and weaknesses, and what you desire to accomplish in this game should have a role in picking the class you want to play. A wizard is a great dps caster class and works best in a raid, but it is very low on the pole when it comes to both exploring and doing some of the easier quests. In order to see the most content in this game you need the abilities to pull, tank, heal and dps and very few classes wearing group level gear and not having max AA's are able to do that solo, which is why so many people box.

For instance a mag has 3 of the 4 abilities, tanking, healing and dps, and you combine that with your bards pulling abilities and you have a good start towards a box group that can do some of the content. But if your goal is to be on top of the raid dps, then a mag is not the best choice.
  2. Borek-VS Augur

My experience is that you can do Gloomingdeep, Crescent Reach, Blightfire and the start of Goru'kar Mesa, completing 80% of the quests, and be level 51+ in 24 hours played. No doubt in much less time if you skipped most of the quests, but you'd still be well to do from selling the drops. The reason for this is that exp curves have been smoothed out, mobs give much higher experience (20-30 can get 10% of a level from a single dark blue kill in some zones), and so on.

The Skystrider quest (Hatching a Plan) has some levels, probably mainly higher levels, where the disproportionate growth in mob power with levels means that it becomes very tough to do without a full group.

There's another instance that scales with level that used to be very popular: Forgotten Halls, which can be found in Nedaria's Landing - it has similar problems.
  3. NGood New Member

Lol, you've created a monster :D
  4. Tornicade_IV Augur

pre 85 the mobs are the steak and potatoes of xp and task are bonus xp.. post 85 it seems the opposite.

but your warrioir will level fast
    Warrior xp bonus 10%
    Rogue xp bonus 9%
    Halfling race bonus 5%

I dont believe these bonuses were ever removed. Also enchanters at some point have a xp bonus spell of some sort.

for grinding you may also have lesson of the devoted this gives you an additional xp bonus. for a set amount of time.

my guild recruits alot of lower level toons. we see people level pre 80 level very fast and others more slowly.its just a matter of playtime and finding the right zones at the right levels. seems like your having fun. Ive just dinged 90 and will be working on aa for a couple weeks feel free to send me a tell when you feel like experimenting with the wizard.
  5. wilas101 New Member

well, I decided to check out what's being said about the crescent reach route. wow. that's pretty crazy xp gain compared to back in the day. While running around on orc hill in gfay was fun it doesn't compare to the xp gained.
  6. AguaPurificata New Member

I've since realized that without Gold Membership I'm extremely limited in terms of communication, if anyone is recruiting for a friendly at least semi-serious guild send my character Terciel an Invite (can't send mail currently).

Thanks!
  7. Ratbo Peep Augur

Actually a Silver Account (one time $5 fee) has no limits on communications.
    See here for account details:
    https://www.everquest.com/free
    -Rat
  8. AguaPurificata New Member

That's weird, I have silver on this account and it wont let me send player mail.

EDIT: Nope, it even says I can only receive on the link you provided.
  9. Malkavius Augur

Just a little info to add. If you plan to stick with a warrior be prepared to spend ALOT of time and plat building him up to be effective. Tanks require many AAs, and good gear to not get 2 shotted just as easily as your wizard. Also get friends and a guild. Warrior are one of the worst solo/molo classes in the game. Once you overcome those obstacles they can be very rewarding though.
  10. Tornicade_IV Augur

Warmonger Academy is my guild. just /w all warmonger and any member can invite. but theres lots of casual family guilds on the server