experience from Overseer tasks

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Orcen, Nov 28, 2023.

1. Orcen Elder

On one account when I complete an Overseers task that says reward is 1% experience, I get 1% experience.
    On Second account, the same task being completed only gives me 0.960%. On a critical reward that should give 1.5%, I only get 1.460%. This is the same for every task completed, experience is less that stated for the reward.
    Why is one account being shortchanged on the experience? Where is the rest of the experience going?
    Barton-Vox likes this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

It's a bug they refuse to fix. Once the toon levels, it'll go back to normal.

On my accounts, every time I hit a level ending in "6", I got the goofy reward amounts. As soon as I leveled, it was fine.
  3. Sdoofbuc Augur

I just leveled to 116 and noticed this bug as well.
  4. Brickhaus Augur

I believe it happens when we get a boosted xp period. Once we go back to normal, the next level has the slightly lower xp rate (and it happens on everything). When the character levels, it's like whatever was causing the bug gets reset and xp goes on as normal.

It feels like it's the 1s or the 6s because generally that's where an alt might be at before a new expansion/ftp expansion increase. I have gotten the lower xp rate on next level at all different points, from 86 to 120.

At least this has been my experience.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Theres a negative exp modifier at X1 and X6 levels, working as intended. They fixed the exp display to factor it in.
    Gialana likes this.
  6. Sdoofbuc Augur

I don't understand.

I recently got to level 116. Experience from overseers is less now than it was at 115. I googled the issue and found this thread.

I never saw this from 85-115.

They fixed the display of experience to show that it's lower now?

Does the experience go back once I get to 117? And will it happen again? At 121 perhaps? Does this happen to everyone?

I am very confused.
  7. Sdoofbuc Augur

I recently got to level 116. Experience from overseers is less now than it was at 115.

What boosted experience happened to cause this? I went from 85-115 and never saw this. And will it go back at 117? And will it happen again? Is this something that happens to everyone?
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/collects-not-2-0.294578/#post-4267053

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-january-17-2024.295544/
    Reward previews now factor in: perk, legacy character, and level and server-based experience modifiers.
  9. Gialana Augur

I saw it before the update Soulbanshee linked. On a level 86 character, the reward preview indicated I'd get more experience than I actually received. I hadn't noticed the experience discrepancy at level 116, though. However, that's probably because experience messages didn't indicate numbers at the time I was taking a character through those levels with Overseer experience.

This doesn't mean I'm in favor of levels with negative experience modifiers, but it seems that's what we're stuck with for now.
  10. Sdoofbuc Augur

OMG! They brought back hell levels! Sorry, "negative experience modifier".
  11. Gialana Augur

It is annoying, but at least it's only a 4% experience penalty. Instead of getting 100% of the expected experience, you get 96% of it. That means you'll need to get an extra 4.2'ish percent of the level to actually gain a level.
    104.2% * 0.96 = 100.032%

So this isn't quite as bad as a hell level, at least.