Exp in instances nerfed?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kahna, Mar 28, 2018.

1. Kahna Augur

My static group pulled a sol b instance just to have fun clearing it. Clearing the entire zone (minus Naggy) got us 4% exp. In open world just clearing Efreeti area mobs got us around 10%.

On Phinny and Agnarr instance exp was the same as open world.
    Shui and TeeEHLpee like this.
  2. ShivanAngel Augur

were you in a raid?
  3. Kahna Augur

No, just the 6 of us.
  4. TeeEHLpee Augur

Wonder if this is the same as if an instance pops due to population. I can't really say if exp in instances were nerfed.
  5. Vanrau Augur

When you say instance, was this the agent of change instance?
  6. TeeEHLpee Augur

I am going to assume, yes.
  7. Vanrau Augur

Ok, I'm guessing they changed this to prevent people from using the AoC instances as a private experience group.
  8. Beatboy New Member

Definitely seems to be nerfed in an instance. I had the same experience you described while with a group in the Hole. 3% xp after 30 minutes of killing.
  9. Aaluvian New Member

That is not a nerf that is the intent as those AoC instances are raid instances thus raid level of experience only. Sorry no cheesing a zone to get all the experience for yourself
  10. TeeEHLpee Augur

yeah dont want to cheese a zone that doesnt respawn and takes 6 days to repop .. LOL
  11. Aaluvian New Member

hey i didnt say it made sense its just their logic is all
  12. Nekromancy Elder

Was this really an issue? How many people could possibly have been abusing this so hard that it needed changed. Exping in an AoC is like the last straw for not finding a camp. Why even bother with it when it isn't giving anyone an unfair advantage.
  13. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

XPing in the howling stone AoC instance was the bee's knees before it got nerfed. 6 hours of respawning mobs all to yourself.
  14. TeeEHLpee Augur

Its like nerfing the noob robe selling for 6s to get starter spells. wtf?
  15. TimV New Member

AoC instances was the only reason I came back. Sounds like I'm free from EQ again.
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

They nerfed exp in an instance ? :rolleyes:

Worst thing I've heard them do recently.....
    Shui likes this.
  17. Baldur Augur

Maybe the instance isn't getting the ZEM? Seems like a bug to me.
  18. Aaluvian New Member

Not a bug if it was not considered appropriate use of the AoC as a experience grind location
    Shui likes this.
  19. Diadem New Member

You came back to the game thinking you'd get entire instances to yourself to xp in? AoC are meant for raid targets only.
  20. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I don't know what's worse.... the fact you think exp in an instance is somehow good when nothing re-spawns. :rolleyes:

or

DBG wasting time nerf'ing it as if it was a problem to being with.:rolleyes:
    Shui likes this.