Exp changes on Phinigel at Gates? @Devs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Machentoo, May 17, 2017.

1. Machentoo Augur

Ngreth just popped onto Phinigel and gave us a rather cryptic update:

[Wed May 17 12:41:15 2017] Ngreth BROADCASTS, 'exp is at the expected value (it will automatically change when Gates unlocks)'
    [Wed May 17 12:42:07 2017] Ngreth tells General:1, 'it's still very low here :)'
    [Wed May 17 12:42:20 2017] Ngreth tells General:1, 'it won;t change until gates'
    [Wed May 17 12:42:33 2017] Ngreth tells General:1, 'and then it's still low!'
    [Wed May 17 12:43:04 2017] Ngreth tells General:1, 'gotta go to the other servers... see ya!'

Devs, how exactly is exp going to automatically change when Gates unlocks?
    snailish likes this.
  2. Astley Augur

I believe you just got trolled by Ngreth there...

I mean he said the change would to still be low.
  3. Fhiele Augur

He said "Now = very low", "GoD=low"

Very low is less then low. So that sounds like an increase to me.
  4. Numiko Augur

he posted on the general bugs thread that exp on all the TLP servers were messed up by the patch and that he would be visiting each server to fix the problem.
  5. Machentoo Augur

That doesn't change the fact that he also mentioned a change coming at Gates...
  6. AgentofChange Augur

Sounds like they'll get bumped up to Ragefire/Lockjaw xp in GoD. And I imagine Ragefire/Lockjaw will get a bump too. Good news.
  7. Machentoo Augur

Sounds like something along these lines, yeah... But now that the cat is out of the bag, I'm hoping they will give us something more specific.
  8. Numiko Augur

I've long suspected they have been bumping the exp slightly every expansion, I mean I do not think they will be expecting us to still have classic Phinny exp rates when we get to later expansions and level 105
  9. Machentoo Augur

I've argued before that they will likely bump it up in Gates, as that is what they have done on previous servers. Obviously at some point it has to increase, with later expansions having thousands of aa's to earn.
  10. Machentoo Augur

11. Sdoofbuc Augur

Who is Ngreth? And why is he trying to get people to leave Phinny?
  12. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Ngreth is one of the designers for Daybreak. Why would you think he is trying to get people to leave Phinny?
  13. Sdoofbuc Augur

I have no clue. I always thought DBG made the same amount of money no matter what server you were on if you had a sub. $14.99 per month.
  14. mackal Augur

Are you saying that because of the last thing he said? He's just saying he has to go to the other servers ...
  15. Green_Mage Augur

Exp is one of those things from a dev/gm standpoint that you have to moderate for its playerbase. If you ask the playerbase if they want faster experience the answer is almost always going to be majority yes...but it will slowly destroy the sense of accomplishment in the game.
  16. Machentoo Augur

Yes, and historically, they have moderated it on the TLP's by increasing it as expansions go along, as they did with the original live expansions. The # of aa's available to purchase ramps up each expansion, so ramping up the experience gain is necessary as well. You can't have the same xp rate for an expansion where there two or three thousand new aa points to spend (VoA+) that you have when there are two hundred new aa points to spend (PoP.)
  17. Sdoofbuc Augur

Yes. The way I read that was... You want better XP? Go to the new server.

Thanks for the clarification. That really helps me understand it better.
  18. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Exp rates will increase when certain expansions unlock - first with Gates of Discord.
    Glokta, MaestroM, Superdeath and 2 others like this.
  19. Machentoo Augur

Thanks. Are you able to provide any more details? Will it ultimately reach live levels? At what point?
  20. Chaosflux Augur

Word just in time to catch up for Omens.