Evolving TBL items in 2020

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcemoneyFV Augur

I agree. You didn't get to really enjoy/use them for long. I loved the graphics tho.
  2. Bigstomp Augur

22 missions without a single drop. Then 2 in a row. RNG is RNG.
  3. Yirrara Journeyman

Just to make sure I understand the mechanics correctly - the amount of exp the evolving items get is based on the relative con of mob to player, that means once we leveled in the next expansion we'll need to kill more mobs in TBL to evolve items, if we're not done evolving by then?
  4. Nniki Augur

Once the con level of your targets drop, you will need to kill more of them, yes.

Yirrara likes this.
  5. Bigstomp Augur

I liked the RoF weapons. One quest line for everyone, and just different items that seemed to fit your class as an end reward. A raid drop to turn it into a raid weapon.

Seemed like a great way to give us a "sorta" epic while avoiding the need to write multiple epic quest lines.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

We got a bit done on this for you last night and had a bit of fun doing it. And all Mintalie did was ask in Gen chat for help, she got it.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

The RNG has to skew one way .. when the items are new to game. Guess what way that skew is ?
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

No, they are exactly as rare as I think. For each of your alts that has a chase item, there are alts with full sets of battleworn items. I bet each of those alts that has an incomplete set of chase items has a completed set of battleworn. As a matter of fact, most of them probably got the item as a rot while a main was replaying FF over and over to get their missing drop. 1-2 battleworn armor pieces drop in every T2 mission. GMM drops 3 pieces of armor every time you do it. FF drops an evolver exactly how often? Relatively speaking, they are rare

I'm not saying the drop rate of these items should be higher. They should be rare, so to focus on that single mostly insignificant part of my comment... Anyway.

And even then, I'm not saying to reduce the required achievements.

All I'm saying is I think that you should be able to evolve to level 2 without the achievements, but still need the achievements to make it to level 3.

Then...
    Rk1 chase = 5100
    Battleworn = 5800
    Rk2 chase = 6300

It's a perfectly logical gear path. Yes, the items are from a T1 mission, but they are evolving. It makes logical sense that they end up slightly better than the T2 armor which is more common and other than the plat has no other time requirements.

No main or alt should have to spend hours rotating through the LDON missions to get a traveler achievement to get an evolving item to evolve so that it's better than a non-evolving item. It just doesn't make sense.

And, since I know it's coming... LDON was my favorite expansion. I played it a lot when it launched. I can't say there is a single expansion I enjoyed more than LDoN (I joined in PoP, left in HoT and came back in RoS). I've been to all of the LDON zones many times. It's just that none of those times count towards my ACH. So I have to run around to a bunch of zones I have already been to so I can make my evolving boots not be worse than my scaleborn boots and my alts battleworn boots?

I get it, people who didn't take a break want those ACH to count for something. Totally on board. You guys get to coast right on up through ranks 3, 4 and 5. Rank 2 is only marginally better without the type 18 aug. The ACH bottle neck is completely the right design, it's just on the wrong step.
  9. Tucoh Augur

I don't agree with that.

I think there should be at least one (or one small group) of BiS items each expansion that are superior to raid quality items with stupid, grindy requirements. You can totally skip those items if you want, especially for your alts.

I didn't really enjoy doing LDONs for it, but I didn't mind either, it really didn't take that long once you figured out how to do it, and you can do it for you and your boxes simultaneously.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

100% disagree ..

I said it once.. I'll say it again.. These evolving rare items are not for everyone ..

Just because Joe takes a break (for however long) .. does not mean he should get a free pass when he gets back on those evolutionary items

Especially when those of us who NEVER take a break been here plowed threw all the crap to keep current have to do them the hard way .. while some one gets a faster / easier path then everyone else..

screw that .. put your head down an put the effort into the items that everyone who has put the effort into get their evolver's to where they are ..

YOU are not special sorry.. Welcome to EQ.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

These Evolves are not for people who had to take breaks (for what ever reason) or just starting out players .. They are not for those people..

That does not mean they can not go get them..

That does not mean they can not go get them.. THEN .. do all the achiv's to unlock them 100% ..

That mean's if they choose to do those, they themselves gotta put forth enough effort to actually appreciate the reward's they get for unlocking them.

IF you don't feel the effort's worth the reward dont do them its that simple.

As dev's already stated they will be bis for this expansion an next .. its blatently obvious that they SHOULD get done no matter what if you feel like putting for the effort to appreciate them that is.
  12. Vumad Cape Wearer

I wasn't talking about unlocking them 100%. I was talking about unlocking them 20%. They evolve 5 times. If they evolve to level 2, then require the achievements to evolve to level 3, 4 and 5, that is 20% of it's evolution. That is a very reasonable design.

There is a better balance to the items than what currently exists. To say that in an area that is so well attuned for compromise, that there is no room for any....
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Yes, having unlocked them on 7 toons .. I know exactly what you are talking about.
    You want to do something easy mode .. while everyone else had to bsut they ### over doing.

Do the achiv or do not. But don't sit there an act like you not crying about having to do what every other person in EQ who wants those items has to do to deserve them.
  14. yosco Augur

You're coming across a bit "I walk to school in the snow and hurricanes up hill both ways so you have to, as well."

Both arguments have merit. TBL being current content is one thing, but when the next expansion drops and these items (presumably) are still best in slot for groupers, its going to get a lot more difficult. Take a look at the item exp chart that was shared....

Next expansion, its going to take more than 2 to 3 times as many mob kills to evolve the items. Do you think the devs are going to increase group character power by 2 or 3 TIMES? Absolutely not. When weapon upgrades are measured in ratio increases from 12.5 to 13.5?? MAYBE 14? No way.

That's one concern (the exp it'll take to evolve the items). The other concern is the achievement requirements. I'm supportive of requiring the achievement requirements to evolve past lvl 2 (or maybe lvl 3... but lvl 2 for sure).
    Allayna, Vumad and Whulfgar like this.
  15. Tucoh Augur

As I stated before I don't care either way about the TBL chase items being evolvable in the next expansion, but based on the con to item XP charts it's going to be much, much easier to level them if you're level 115. Just to repeat what's above:

Solo
    Green: 20
    Light Blue: 30
    Dark Blue: 71
    White: 111
    Yellow: 120
    Red: 131

Most people are going to be able to kill 2x dark blue mobs faster than 1x yellow mobs. I remember maxing out my tear of alaris just harvesting the entire population of Alarans in Shard's Landing and thinking about how many more multiples of time it'd take if I did it in current content, even with the above table
  16. sojero One hit wonder

He did and got frostbite in his brain in the process :)
  17. AcemoneyFV Augur

But they let you evolve it (adding mobs needed for exp) and increased the fragment drop rate in the next expansion, being RoF. They aren't doing anything like that this time. It would be nice if the exp from mobs in the new expansion counted towards your items.
    Tucoh likes this.
  18. Tucoh Augur

That's a good point. Empires of Kunark was current when I did mine, so Veil of Alaris vs Rain of Fear was all several expansions old, so I never really got the opportunity to do it when it was current.
  19. yosco Augur

You're not taking into consideration the fact that the TBL yellow-con mob is going to be blue, and therefore give less exp, but STILL have a crapload of hps and still hit like a truck and still..... you see where I'm going with this. And this is solo exp... which very few people do anymore. At the very least you're going to have a merc out and sucking up part of that evolving exp. So an already long process is going to take much, much longer. Spell focii doesn't double, spell power doesn't double, weapon ratios don't double, but the amount of exp needed to evolve the item WILL.
  20. Whulfgar Augur

Thats how its always been for evolving items. Least wise as far as I can remember from the vampiric sword .. all the way up to cotf shoulders ..

Yes, the next expansion makes it harder for those items to get evolved. Thats the nature of the beast in games such as this.

And this is the VERY reason that I have said an will continue to say these items are not for everyone .. CLEARLY .. people who left an came back or new player's .. these items are simply and for the most part beyond their capabilities to obtain .. unlock .. evolve .. hunt augs..

This is no insult to them .. nor their friends. Again it is simply the nature of the game. Just because it is beyond them .. an they SHOULD just go get them at any rate an do what they can when they can .. does not mean they deserve an easier rout then every other player in eq who has them an did everything to get them where they have them.

Understand ?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.