Evolving TBL items in 2020

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Sep 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cicelee Augur

Will players be able to evolve their TBL items in the next expansion?

Pros- devs have worked hard on the new expansion, they want people to play in it instead of spending their time in TBL

Cons- TBL stuff should be done in TBL

While I prefer to level them up in Velious 2.0, I understand if the devs say no. Just hoping for a red name to reply with a yes or no...
    Nniki and Jhenna_BB like this.
  2. Cadira Augur

I don't know whether or not they'll allow them to level in velious, but one thing is sure.

Tbl chase items are promptly being nerfed next patch due to this post!
    Thanks Cicelee!
  3. Lidwen Elf Stalker Journeyman

I agree TBL Stuff should be done in TBl thats why i don;t do evoling items they require me to go to All Sorts of NON tbl Content and are a bit excessive!. Waste of a item Great idea thou.

Looked into it
    to even Level my Torn Efreeti boots I need Explorer of 25 Xpansions..???
    My Ring requires me to Completly Do Progression for EOK and ROS?
    My Shoulders need me to Do all Collections??
    My Gloves Want me to be a Hunter of Everything??

SOOOO many Non tbl things that are Just ridculously time consuming and pointless. Perhaps for the Ultimate Level but For even level 2 these things are required.

And to top it off These type 18 augs are like frigging Candy and Basically Utterly Useless. unless i do redonk stuff. I really Hope they Do evoling items that JUST evolve not require Achievement city to do and make the type 18 augs not rot always.
  4. Greymantle Augur

Not quite the correct requirements...

Boots = all non-optional explore achievements (recently more added to optional) You just have to zone in to get these not explore the whole zone.

Gloves = PoP, EoK, RoS hunters

Ring = champion of eok and ros

Shoulders = collections cotf+,not sure if it includes TBL as i all ready had them done.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I expect an answer to this next month in beta :)
  6. ptah Augur

Smile its not all that bad. Little Teamwork and time invested helps. Attack this large timesink inch by inch.
    Ring does require an arc in eok and ros.. that is true.. but the content is super soft in eok and only scales up a bit in ros..
    Gloves may look super duper rough.. but its a list.. attack when working that ring.. and shorten that list down.
    Boots. Load that music list and explore them zones.. with mash all in on a weekend.. or attack 10 zones a days.
    Shoulders.. its simple kept up overtime.. but large project if skipped like I did. Either.. grind what you can while doing ring/gloves.. set a side pp if don't like grinding the drops yourself.

The above items are all best in slot. Doesn't matter if raid or group. Augs are just that augs.. and I feel the groupers could farm the raid instances for them 19s if want to..

Team up with your friends or guildies and inch by inch thru it.. this your 2019 epic adventure.. very hard to glare at finishline if your not willing to take steps. INCH by INCH

These items are not for everyone. yet everyone can get them if put the EFFORT and TIME into it. Well to EQ its a grind. Deves i would like more please.. evol items all slots all the time.. lets party.

GMM was token gift and there is better xp within tbl.. options are good. Please pick and chose your adventure.. if want it.. do it.. if dont then move on and have fun.

*** Note i personal attack each item to unlock it.. what xp for evol i get is just a bonus; Only after unlock multi or all items did focus on xp them to levels of use. Maybe others did this 1 by 1.. idk. Its your game play your adventure.

Veli 2.0 or is 3.0 im not sure, i just content, adventure, quests, and more size than tbl.. New augs? smile
  7. Tucoh Augur

As someone with four maxed out chase itema I've got no problem with it, but making TBL chase items evolve in the next expansion has the risk of decreasing the chance people will stay subbed the next time they put out a similar chase item that requires grinding in the latest content.

I know if i thought the next expansion would level my TBL chase items i wouldn't have kept my subs active this year for nearly as long.

Game design wise i think there should always be some long grind in each expansion to give people something to grind on, and keeping it constrained to the content it released in helps that goal
  8. Whulfgar Augur

As is the history of all such "evolving" items go. Not a single evolving item has ever been evolve-able in the next expansion.

I think we have our answer. Wether or not we as individuals lime it or not.
    Coagagin likes this.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

And let's be real here. The over whelming approval of these rares and their popularity with the vast majority of players.. and the devs who have commented on the items said they really liked how popular and everything they were.. leads me to personally believe we may be seeing 1 or more of them same style items in the next expansion
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Works both ways, why would I purchase the new expansion on release if I'm still going to be playing in the old expansion to evolve my items.We should be encouraging players into the new expansion not forcing them to play older content.

I know many who have had bad luck getting all 4 items and have an abundance of 3 out of 4 of the items just that final one will not drop for them. The nearer we get to December the less likely they will be fully evolved before the expansion is released.

At the end of the day they will do what they think is best, they just need to decide where they want the player base playing.
    Tucoh likes this.
  11. Tucoh Augur

Here's what i want: Evolvable power source that recharges over time.

Requires heroes journey and breakdown in communication conpletion.

And also complains when it is out of power or full of power

Has easter eggs from bob the skull in the dresden series games.

[IMG]
    Coagagin likes this.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Then move on. Who cares if you only have 3 of 4? If you're a grouper, then its worth doing. If you're a raider and your luck is that bad and your time is that limited, take the regular drop and move on.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Whulfgar like this.
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

What I'd like for powersources, is they make a new one for each type, that is made from a no fail combine, combine 10 of the same type in a pottery wheel, makes a single one with 8x the life of a normal one (gotta accept a loss with them usually).

1 recipe 1 item for each of the main types, just do it for the RoS/TBL ones, and let those drop in the new expansion too. Easy peasy, bag space cleared.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Yep. And unless they release more type 18 and 19 augs that fourth item has only limited persistence because if you dont upgrade it this year, you probably will next year.

That first evolving item though, better get used to having one equiped for a loooooong time
  15. Nniki Augur

I think you'll find the majority of evolving items have been able to be leveled in their respective, subsequent expansions. There's actually close to 100 others out there (not counting each evolving level). If it becomes the case, TBL would actually be one of the few exceptions.

Very few evolving items actually had creature type restrictions. Even in the more recent case of The Tears of Alaris, the required creatures (Alarans) were available in the following expansion (VoA -> RoF). The TBL set of evolving items is the first to restrict by SKU.
    Whulfgar and Sancus like this.
  16. Piemastaj Augur

Kind of hate to say this, but it wouldn't be bad for the game to have a whole new set of these. I can't remember a time where so many people were playing.

Don't get me wrong, it is very tedious and grindy but it 'forced' a lot of people to actually play in the expansion a lot longer than most of the previous ones did. They were good for the health of the game in that people were playing it for longer periods than before.
    FawnTemplar, Tucoh, Whulfgar and 3 others like this.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

I stand corrected ty.

But as you also pointed out. These rares are mob type restricted. And being they have already leaked a velious style expansion. Everyone knows it's not going to be as expansive as there original velious.

We're there alot of fire related mobs in the original velious ? I honestly can't remember. But I do not think there were. These being tied to fire related mobs means if the case is true about very very limited fire related mobs in velious then I do not see the TBL evolving items being able to be leveled in the new expansion .
  18. Whulfgar Augur

100% agree with this statement.

As I've stated in the past and will continue to state. These evolving items were never ment for everyone across the board..

So what's wrong with being happy with what you have got and have done so far ?
  19. Nniki Augur

TBL items are SKU-restricted, as in "expansion", not creature-restricted (at least now, not originally). TBL and GMM zones all fall under this SKU. It might be possible for them to assign multiple SKUs (e.g. next expansion's) to the leveling restrictions if code allows for it and should they desire it.

The TBL expansion contained not only fire creatures but also earth, wind, and water, so the existence of fire creatures in the next expansion doesn't necessarily have to be a concern. GMM even contained gnomes/clockworks and orcs. But to answer your question, you'd be looking at mostly dragon-related creatures in Velious (Skyshrine, Western Wastes, Temple of Veeshan, & Sleeper's Tomb). There's also a lava pool in Dragon Necropolis... I think there might be some elemental(s) there. However, typically, there wasn't an abundance of fire-specific creatures that I can recall.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

No.
    no.
    Well. historical it didn't matter. With exceptions. Since we can put races as a requirement, there can be races that are not in other expansions (Alarans) but the original, and MANY evolving items after don;t care.
    Heck, the tradeskill trophies invalidate that, as they are expansion agnostic, it only cares that you do tradeskills close to your skill.
    (But you were corrected in the thread and acknowledge it, but I typed this so I'm leaving it in.
    Thunderkiks, Whulfgar and Tucoh like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.