EVIL RoF group mission findings

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Kurayami, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Kurayami Augur

So just always plan on having 4 clickers in front of mirror where King Xorbb is works without fail Captamazing? By without fail I mean always dispels the reflection shield on him. Just want to make sure I'm clear on what to instruct my group to do when I can gather enough suicidal people another night.
  2. CaptAmazing Augur

Ive only tried and won this mission once, with one reset due to the adds. So I only have that for experience. But, yes doing that we had no issue with the reflection each and every time. Frankly , I had to look up what you were referring to, I hadn't bother to see what consequence was for not doing the clicking part correctly.

Obviously a group member had done it before and just gave instructions before we started.
    Kurayami likes this.
  3. Filatal Augur

Its been awhile, but as far as T2 group missions I thought Xorbb was one of the easier ones ( I beat my head against Eviltree the most until we found the best spot for us to kill the adds ).

So, I don't recall the exact timing, but you get a buff when you click, we always stood in front of the mirror facing Xorbb. The trick is not to click too early, or the buff wears off and you don't reflect the spell and obviously don't click too late. And have enough people there to reflect for the % he is at, we usually just used 4 people most of the time so we didn't have to think about it while the tank and healer moved to his respawn spot.
    Kurayami likes this.
  4. Noobieguy Augur

There is an emote that goes off, when you need to click. If you get 4 people clicking at the right time, you will definitely never fail to remove the reflect in that mission.
    Kurayami likes this.
  5. roguerunner Augur

When the emote goes off, wait a couple secs, then click.
    The reflect buff can not last in time with server ticks and stuff.
    Also make sure you have enough people reflecting, you need more as his health gets lower, so better to be safe and have 4 click each time.
    Kurayami likes this.
  6. Kurayami Augur

Thank you for all the responses everyone, hope to get to go in after that mission again soon armed with this new information. The necro/wizard/enchanter will be quite happy to have the reflection down every time. :) So will the cleric for that matter, nukes for twin heals are a real bugger to get working with that going on.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

If you do fail an emote again, the wizzy cascade spell line doesn't get reflected. :)
  8. Camou the Persistent Augur

What the OP describes are missions pre-nerf.

Defeat Zeixshi is now only a shadow of what it was before Christmas.
    Before Christmas: like 20 drakes in waves of 4.
    Now: only 4-6 drakes at all in waves of 3.
    Before Christmas: like 20 coldain/kromrif in waves of 4-5
    Now: 2 waves coldain, 2 waves kromrif, each 3.
    Before Christmas: AoE effects like every 30 secs.
    Now: like once every 2 mins.

By far not that hard anymore. While it was a challenge before, it is now a farm mission for players 93-96 or lower.

We also tried other missions and obvioulsy most second mission has been nerfed down to 25% of difficulty from before Christmas so that really everybody can win this mission easily. While we had troubles finishing the Zeixshi mission successfully with 6 players, equipped with RoF t1/t2 raid gear i have seen 3-boxers level 96-98 plus 3 healer mercs finish it flawless.

Before Christmas our group was:
    2 paladins, 1 cleric, 1 shammy, 1 mage, 1 chanter.
    last time we did it (2 weeks ago?)
    1 war, 1 paladin, 1 cleric, 1 druid, 1 mage, 1 chanter.

DPS might be a solution like always. But in fact you dont need it, following the script as it is intended to be solved has enough possible solutions :)
  9. Falos Augur

What patch implemented these changes cause i dont recall ever seeing em in the notes (but i could be mistaken).
    I've only done the annoying tier 1 missions a single time back in december, but I did several of the tier 2 2nd missions back in dec + january + feb and I dont recall some of the tier 2 missions being changed at all (most notably evantil seemed to be just as annoying in feb as it was in dec)

I'd say out of all the missions my friend and I did, the biggest pain for us was the first phase of evantil (since that mission favors a necro)... Phase 2 of evantil mission 2 was a complete trivial joke though.

EDIT: forgot to add, my friend and I had this setup for every single mission in the expansion except for 1: mage/mage/bard/ranger (me boxing), 1 chanter (non-boxed and a total life saver non boxed class for several of the missions) + 1 cleric merc.

Our setup did change for a couple missions like the first chapterhouse mission where i flatout could not box that many toons for the chase so I dropped the ranger and we used a 2nd cleric merc.
    Also for the king xorbb mission we brought a third real person making our setup: mage/mage/bard/ranger + non boxed enchanter + non boxed cleric.

We had no problem keeping up on the reflects every single time they occured but I must admit, I was quite happy to have a human cleric with us, my mages died a couple times during the add waves and battle rezzes allowed us to keep the fight going *at reduced dps* I was very thankful to have that since mercs dont battle rez. The mission wasn't easy but i wouldnt say it was hard either though, so I suspect it woulda been doable with mercs just a lot messier. Evantil 2 is hands down my most hated mission in the expansion though.
  10. Kurayami Augur

Glad to hear so many have been able to beat this, no such luck for me yet though. The 4 people always clicking worked great, including the people clicked/paid any attention. Having a tank and healer waiting for xorbb each time was great too. However, I believe due to people being drunk or being chatty kathy's, kept missing the charm emotes time and time again. I simply thought it was terrific to have the primary xorbb tank get charmed every time his name was called.

Long story short, wiped around 30 %, called it and have scheduled a re-attempt later on tonight. Hopefully SHD/PAL/NEC/BST/ENC/CLR does the trick here. If they can bother to learn the emotes, that is. They really aren't hard, first round of Xorbb tells you pretty much everything you need to know about how to handle emotes IMO. Yet still I keep losing at 25 % or worse, sigh. Raid should be just fantastic if this is the group.
  11. Noobieguy Augur

Yeah, missing the emotes is bad, there is another way to get charmed though. The eyeball minis are mobs that will randomly charm someone. Sounds like, if everyone can pay attention, you win. Good luck.
  12. Falos Augur

Tested EW mission 2, it was not nerfed at all, it's exactly the same as it was when i bet it in december.
  13. Kurayami Augur

Finally got through Xorbb 3 last night, seems 4th try was the charm. Didn't do a whole lot differently from the third try, besides of course telling everyone if we missed one emote we could easily wipe. Not sure we had any missed emotes then :) I must say, the event is rather, underwhelming once you kill Brantun. With that, I am finally done with all RoF group missions! I am now free to farm the crap out of the easy ones and do merc tasks at a snails pace any time of the day to max my charm/aug.
  14. Camou the Persistent Augur

I have no idea when it was nerfed. But the version now is not even a challenge for a group of 4 anymore. Even the raid version has been cut down to nothing. Not to complain about, since it was like that always in every expansion: 2 month after realease the stealth nerfs come out to make the content available for more players :) Its called marketing and customer relationship management by SOE and that is ok :)
  15. Falos Augur

Well I was kind of tired when i posted that, the bosses dps *may have been nerfed* i dont know i honestly didnt pay attention much to his DPS output because the original version of the missions (to me) wasnt really the bosses dps. The main thing i looked at was the amount of mobs in each add wave and the number of mobs in the mission seemed exactly the same as what it was back in december, and the mobs still summon at 100 percent health if you get too far ahead of them (which i recall a dev mentioning they plannedto change in the group version but never did)

I'd be interested in seeing a dev response maybe on if anything was changed, though i doubt we get one on the forums. both times we did the misson we beat it on first attempt so maybe someone that had a non ideal group setup and struggled a bit more with this type of mission might notice retunes a bit better than I can (since group formation is pretty much a huge determining factor in ability to do these missions).