EverQuest Next Canceled

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Feradach, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Kravitz Augur

Strong feeling the next "new" game they announce is a MOBA, they have followed the direction of were the industry has headed. You only have to look no further then PS2 and H1Z1, they tried the fps genre, now they'll move into dabbing into making a MOBA.
  2. Atomos Augur

Hope they're not making a MOBA, it's too late for that. So many MOBAs are already dead. Developers really need to stop trying to bank on this flavor of the month crap and attempt to be ambitious and creative like they used to be.

I'm surprised so many people care that EQN is dead. If you had paid any attention to it at all, you should've known it wasn't Everquest and was just another game with a franchise tacked onto it. Zzz.

As cliche as it sounds, what we need (and want) is an updated Everquest with a new engine, with physics and photogenic graphics, not Pixar. Might be a good idea to start getting EQ setup for VR because that stuff's going to be big pretty soon once we can all afford it. Go back to the 1st person aspect and build on that.

Final note: I don't think it's a coincidence that the day of the EQN cancellation announcement, Pantheon also shows it's first gameplay stream on Twitch. So how long till DBG acquires Pantheon?
  3. Kravitz Augur

Haha yah, I bet a bunch of goobers funded Pantheon on the day of the announcement after the stream, pretty sure that was the whole reason for the stream when they heard the announcement of EQN shutdown.

I'll wait till the project is actually a product before I invest in anything pixellated, especially with Brad McQuaids track record. I wouldn't be surprised if he sells Pantheon to Daybreak in a year or two. Did we forget Vanguards and his opiod addiction?
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Iila like this.
  4. Rhodz Augur

Nope but that only means caution and lack of any interest until proven otherwise. If he makes a good game and runs it well then perhaps. What kills me is how these outfits with even greater failures (looking at you FunCon) seem to think no one remembers anything.
  5. Mr_Shadow Journeyman

And now they're discontinuing the EverQuest Worlds app too.

The shadow over the EverQuest franchise grows longer it seems...

I think I'd better re-subscribe to slow down the obvious decline of Daybreak. I unsubscribed in protest to the poor handling of the AB server a couple of months ago, but since that appears to have been resolved I guess I should also reward them by lifting my sanctions.
  6. Mr_Shadow Journeyman

Is there no "delete post" button on this forum? Accidentally double-posted...
  7. Iila Augur

SoE paid some marketing company to produce and maintain EQ worlds. I'm guessing someone finally figured out that it's not worth whatever they were paying for it.
    Sancus and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  8. wingz-83 Augur

She said there would be cats! There are cats!