EverQuest Next Canceled

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Feradach, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Feradach Augur

2. Iila Augur

It's not vaporware anymore!
  3. Derd Augur

Hopefully that moves some Dev help back to real eq; )
    Nniki, Caziku, Sancus and 6 others like this.
  4. Numiko Augur

wonder if they are going to refund all the founder pack buyers. or is landmark going to carry on?
    Risiko likes this.
  5. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Hopefully EQ1 accounting has been writing one massive IOU that they can now send to their colleagues at game development accounting to get our resources back. If not, to collections! ;)
  6. Arcainos Augur

Wow, that sucks.

What do you even do with all of that development? just delete? repurpose?
    Some aspects looked really awesome.
  7. Ducreux Augur

8. Xanadas Augur

It was the right thing to do IMHO.
  9. Qelyn Augur

10. Enkel Augur

Use the foundation for another project, normally. I don't even know if Daybreak is in the game to make new games. Most things seem like they're on life support atm.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  11. Iila Augur

Move on to EQ Next Next?

I would say that this might mean that DBG is tanking, but H1Z1 is doing great, and the MMOs should be carrying themselves. Sucks for the people that are gonna get fired, though :(
    Nniki, Sancus and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. Pseudofate Augur

13. Numiko Augur

Wow checked the Landmark site and there is a letter there from Holly (who is producer of that game too now) that Landmark will "Launch" this spring ...I find that kind of amazing.
  14. Lardon Journeyman

15. Numiko Augur

in other news Landmark is going to finely come out of infinite closed beta and "Launch" this spring according to a new letter from Holly on that site....
  16. Ducreux Augur

I'll bet you 5 krono right now that Pantheon is more of a pile of garbage on release than Age of Conan was.
    AlmarsGuides likes this.
  17. Fooba Augur

Imagine if they had spent all of that money on EQ. Maybe Pantheon will be good.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  18. Korillo Augur

Damn we got shanked!
  19. shadowgod Augur

Imagine if they spent all the money from EQ2 on EQ. They fail to see why wow is a success the game wasn't abandoned for 10 years. The graphics the game engine all of it has been redeveloped over the years so it ages well and still looks good. MMO's are like a wife if you ignore her she will get old and wrinkly :)
    Nniki, Elricvonclief, Kravitz and 3 others like this.
  20. Zamiam Augur

I hope they move those resources from Next back to EQ.. EQ is a good game , but it could be a greater game if they had put all that money into EQ rather than next .. imho