EverQuest: Kingdom of Stone (The Lost Expansion)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dandy, May 10, 2015.

1. roguerunner Augur

pretty cool pic though
  2. Koveras Elder

Imagine if this "lost expansion" somehow got picked up where it left off, could be a potential campaign add-on for an expansion.
  3. arbre Lorekeeper

Would this have been around the time Caverns of Exile (Sol C) was added? The look is similar.
  4. Barallron Journeyman

Dandy likes this.
  5. taliefer Augur

id imagine this was part of the original plans for underfoot.

there were plenty of rumors regarding an underground expansions after the hole opened with its obvious zone connection at the bottom. fits the timeframe too, a couple years before this drawing. time enough to have some concepts that were eventually scrapped.
  6. Barallron Journeyman

I have a feeling it was going to be an expansion based on Mithanial Marr since he is portrayed in the middle of this with his sword. Kingdom of stone is from Halls of Honor, specifically his tomb and everything is made of stone. You can also see one of the gates that looks similar to the ones in HoH. It would also have some lore with dragons possibly.
  7. Kellaer Augur

That isn't Mithaniel Marr, it's Galeth Veredeth. He's part of the gang of heroes Firiona Vie is always with. He has the high elf plate design and the Fiery Defender.
    Koveras and Iila like this.
  8. baider Elder

I hope the last expansion will be a mix between dragons and gods for raiding, maybe a final confrontation between Veeshan itself and the gods of norrath, or maybe instead of having such a big creature as veeshan have a rebirth of naggy and vox and the sleeper vs the gods. PoP was hands down the best raiding expansion, and for those who were around back then Velious was amazing too.
  9. Randragon Augur

Anything but please, no more Lany's and Firiona Vie conflicts.

Tired of those two tramps messing with Everquest.

Give us something new and exciting. Not rehashed storylines.
  10. Ferry-Tunare Augur

It doesn't even have to be excited. Just not more of the same, same, same.
  11. Kellaer Augur

I wouldn't want their storyline extended again, but it was only for two expansions. TDS and CotF. We did see them twice in Seeds, during Bloody Kithicor and one of the Tower events. I guess if you want to stretch it, you could go way way back to The War and the Kidnapping of Firiona Vie, but that was ages ago, and it wasn't an expansion, it was an elaborate GM event. It isn't like they have been played out to death, in my opinion at least. I'm not completely forgetting an expansion, am I?

We dealt with Xaric, although we had no idea who he was during two of three expansions - HoT through RoF.
  12. Ferry-Tunare Augur

I humbly request traditional fantasy and not Rodcet Nife alien ship. Something without gnomes would be swell.