EQResource.com 4th Anniversary + Player Housing Contest!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rorce, Aug 20, 2015.

1. Tsolaes Elder

I took another lovely tour of all the Houses in this year's contest, and took some pictures for all to see. I saw lots of creative plots and unique designs! I could've taken many pictures of all the amazing things in each area but limited myself to 2 pictures per entrant as to provide an unbiased perspective. I'm not affiliated with EQResource nor do I have an entry in the contest, just wanted to share all the imaginative things I saw!

Rcalielie - Drinal
    103 Terminus Street, Crimson Tempest Village 1
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Morulak - Drinal
    102 Brimming Way, Crimson Tempest Village 1
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Doomcasters - Povar
    105 Guild Way, Unholy Czars Village 1
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Winnowyl - Povar
    108 Brimming Way, Walnut Brook
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Phancy - Drinal
    101 Market Heights, Crimson Tempest Village 1
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Kiruko - Cazic
    108 Brimming Heights, Return of the Exiled Village
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Sofia - Povar
    102 Termius Street, Celestial Village 1
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Marquele - Cazic
    101 Brimming Heights, Return of the Exiled Village
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Ophyllia - Povar
    102 Market Heights, Colonial Farms
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Foob - Xegony
    101 Terminus Height, Realm of Insanity Village II
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Tsolaes Elder

Kirkisx Crestfallen - Luclin
    101 Terminus Heights, The Valiant Ones Village
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Izizizy Wizizizy - Antonius Bayle
    106 Brimming Heights, D'Pikey Village
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Kriss ( Kringle ) - Erollisi
    102 Market Street,Trivial Matters Village
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Darkdoc - Povar
    106 Park Circle, Echoes in Eternity Village II
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Kontra - Luclin
    103 Vanward Street, Township Rebellion Village
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Jujuspanker - Povar
    103 Park Circle, Echoes in Eternity Village II
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Sailea - Firiona Vie
    102 Brimming Heights, Prosperitas Village 2
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Tempting - Erollisi
    107 Brimming Heights, Eye of Eternity Village ll
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Hobitses - Test
    200 Guild Way, The Midnight Riders Guild Village
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Ssadab - Xegony
    106 Park Circle, Willow Bridge Woods
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Vlad Diszno and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  3. Tsolaes Elder

Aniela - Antonius Bayle
    104 Vanward Street, Order of the Crimson Dawn Village
    [IMG]

[IMG]

I hope I got all the addresses right! Post here if there is a mistake.
  4. Vlad Diszno Augur

Nice work, Tsolaes. I still need to check one house out personally.

Copying & pasting the next entry from EQResource's page:

Storming Frankengnome's Castle
    Drinal, Colonial Island, 101 Market Heights
    Owner: Frankengnome

The entrance to house in inside the well. Once in, will have to 'use' what you are standing on(trampoline), possibly several times, before going further.

Have particle effects/opacity on.
    NPC names off.
    Unfortunately, I was unable to make the house ogre friendly. My Halfling decorator Guta didn't intentionally do that, honest! Ogres cannot get to all rooms. Large races may want to shrink to make maneuvering easier. I have yet to test out if a shrink is enough for ogres.
    Once on the 'size' subject, I don't think you want to shrink to real small either. It may make climbing stairs difficult. Plus you may not get the best view of the 'throne' room.
    Oh, pretty please don't play w/ the pets, they are so skittish and do their best to evade getting placed back where they should be. I had to leave item use on in permissions due to the entryway. If wandering pets become a problem, I'll have to rework the entrance a bit.
    I've logged in some alts which visitors can inspect for some flavor. Most of them are spinning in place as it is the only way I could find to not have them fall through the floors I made. So if you see some characters standing/spinning around, feel free to go up to them and right click inspect or /inspect, so you can read their messages. I'll try to keep these alts on for the remainder of the contest.
  5. Vlad Diszno Augur

Copying & pasting the next entry from EQResource's page:

Character name - Kagetaro
    Server - Tunare
    Housing address - 102 Park Circle, Freespirited Village

Note: If you are unable to find the path to gain access to the house from inside the plot, please levitate from the hill behind.
  6. Tsolaes Elder

Frankengnome - Drinal
    Colonial Island, 101 Market Heights
    [IMG]

[IMG]

Kagetaro - Tunare
    102 Park Circle, Freespirited Village
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  7. Rorce Augur

Thanks for posting the pics, Tsolaes!

I can tell from the pictures that it's gonna a lot of fun visiting and scoring all these player houses!

Reminder: Today is the last day to enter!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Rcalielie like this.
  8. Rorce Augur

Wow, there were so many GREAT entries this round! This was the toughest housing contest to score that we've had yet, every single one of you who entered did great!

Unfortunately, we only have 4 keys to give away. With a lot of effort and careful consideration, we managed to pick our top 4 favorites. Please join us in congratulating the following winners (in no particular order):

Drinal.Frankengnome
    Drinal.Phancy
    Povar.Sofia
    Antonious.Aniela

Thanks to everyone who entered, and we hope you all enjoyed the contest as much as we did!

If you are a winner, please send a tell to Cazic.Rorcex from the character your entered house is owned by. If I don't respond within a few minutes (or aren't online) I'm likely away, in which case you can send me an in game email and verify your EQResource forum account name.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Rorce Augur

I REALLY enjoyed this one in particular. Ocean / sea / pirate ship housing builds always get my attention, and is a theme I love. This particular one had a lot of detail, thought, and was very colorful! Great job!
  10. CrazyLarth Augur

gratz winners
  11. Tsolaes Elder

Way to go!
  12. Khyrra Elder

Hi folks

Thanks so much, still cant believe it, I have never won anything before.

Grats to everyone :)

Hugs to all

Khyrra
    Kucaniz, Gyurika Godofwar and Riou like this.
  13. Phancy Elder

When you go to housing there is still a tab for polls that has not been used for how many years? It used to be fun to jet from server to server after the polls (that there was never any reward for) to see what people were up to.

Like all of those in to housing I appreciate that EQresorce runs these contests for us. You would think that now that Daybreak is talking about moving forward with Player Studio releases they would also be more open to increasing their sales by giving us our forum back to showcase the items in use.

Also, bring back silly polls so we know who is decorating and have more opportunity to see the Marketplace items in use.
  14. Phancy Elder

You could even itemize polls - Like who is using Grave Manor, Icesy's items, weapon ornaments on walls etc. to get Marketplace items out in view of the people who would buy them.
    Riou likes this.