EQ Expansion panel

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Risiko, Aug 2, 2013.

1. fransisco Augur

Epic clicks are only really class defining for SKs. One or two others like cleric are nice, but not earth shattering.
    SK epic 2 is broken. Nothing should literally become more powerful over time, especially something 9+ years old.
  2. Khaymann New Member

the real issue i see with "fixing" our epic is that weve been told for a long time that our spells are balanced around our epic. if the "fix" just involves making the focus degrade without giving something back would just be........bad......very bad.
  3. Forcallen Augur

Except they chose to make weapons that never got used. They could have simply added the focus to it, problem solved. They could have made our weapon a shield instead, problem solved. Or they could have done the 5 other solutions the class offered over the years that wouldn't hurt us and allow them to then design new necro weapons for those people who only care about magleo. It is only an issue to them (99% of the class is happy as it is) and its only an issue as they are making it into one that takes time from other stuff.

By your logic having to tune sk aa, weapons and spells around what is possible with your epic is wasting a ton of time every year. It should be addressed immediately so they don't have to factor it into SK design anymore. Fail logic.

I don't care to speak for everyone but I think the point they are making about other epics is valid. We have been balanced around the epic for 9 years. Spells, what AA we get, items and what other clicks we might have gotten. If they simply take it away then why wouldn't they address the more broken effects as well?

To use a metaphor if you are at the ER and the doctor (devs) only have a limited time to treat you (the class) and one dev spends 35 minutes putting a Band-Aid on a skinned knee of a pretty girl because he wanted to (pet peeve that drew his attention rather than the most needed change) rather than spending the time on the guy with the acute broken leg (other epic clicks that again should be left alone but if time is being wasted addressing older items power should come first).

To sum it up either leave all epics alone or make sure you take the focus or its equivalent and put is elsewhere (focus on gloves, new weaps, aa chain, whatever). Anything short of that is a nerf to a class 9 years later after they were balanced around having it. And you are fooling yourself if they will retune everything else around that change. Its akin to nerfing shaman, bard, cleric, sk epic and calling it a day.
  4. Slasher Augur

They nerfed zerker epic some years back (6 years after it was in the game). You know what we got in return ? nothing. They have a history of just nerfing epics and not caring about how they just screwed class balance up.
  5. Slasher Augur

SK, Shaman, Zerker, Cleric, Bard, Should I keep going ? All have a huge effect on class balance and are class defining abilities.
    Tegila likes this.
  6. Brogett Augur

Nerfing epics to not work over level 70 is frought with danger and a nightmare of rebalancing. Nerfing them to not work over level 100 however could be a viable long term strategy.

However, whose to say that shaman / bard epics are to be considered the same as the necro epic? Necro epic is a perma worn effect. Bard/shaman are short duration clickies and while very powerful (perhaps overly powereful) they don't pose quite the same problems.
  7. Abazzagorath Augur

Its not complicated. Add an aa reward to the epic 1.5, 2.0, and 2.5 achievements that give a passive 3 rank aa to necros that give them effect and then remove the effect from the epics.
    Cakvala likes this.
  8. Forcallen Augur

Necro epic effects one class for a smallish amount. Shaman epic doubles or triples the dps of 5 other toons for 1 min out of every 3. You would say the necro epic is the bigger impact.

If they change our epic and simply move the focus or add it via AA then great. If they don't they basically are saying its impact was to OP to design around. If that's the case there are 8 more that need looking into rather than spending time making more unique items and clicks that keep the game going forward.
  9. Slasher Augur

To me that makes it easier to fix.

Instead we have necro's screaming nerf to other epics now knowing full well all they care about is nerfing the dps of the classes effected by that epic.
  10. Khaymann New Member

this is how it SHOULD be done. do i have faith that IS how it will be done? not really
  11. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

More realistically, those AAs would expire in effectiveness somewhere around level 90, and then there'd be 3-6 more ranks to enable the effect to continue to work in modern times, along with AAs for every other class' epics.
  12. Heebee New Member

Questions
    When is beta opening?
    When can we apply for beta?
    How many raids will be at launch?
    4 zones so can we expect at least 4 raids in these 4 zones?
    Is there plans to add raid mobs back in Regular Static zones like many older expansions?
    What is the "fix" of the necro epic?
    Is there plans to add this focus to the Necro weapon from ROF?

What is the difficulty of the raids planned to be?
    Are there plans to have a regular mode and a Hard mode(less raiders in event with better loot)?

No level increase I personally don't like I would hope that at some point with one of the launchs there would be a level increase.
  13. smash Augur

Today there is the task where you can get your epic ornament, maybe add a simple extra task.
    There you turn in your epic, and it will add some class AA to you.
    Example for beastlords 1.5 will give focus for Cold which decay above level 75 like epic, and an activate aa where with same function as the epic.
  14. smash Augur

A thing that would be nice would be a change.
    Today it is so that it is allowed 15 levels in difference between people in a mission.

Would be nice it that could be changed so that it would follow the progres of the levels, so instead of 15 levels hard coded, it would be 1/4 of the total levels.

So today with level 100, it would be from 25 levels, if increased to max lvl 105, it would be 26 levels., But missions would still have the same total average allowed like today.

Why that, because when the 15 levels in difference were thought off at that time max level were 65 or 70. It has increased dramatically since.
    beryon likes this.
  15. Ratbo Peep Augur

THIS!
    Simple fix - no harm - no foul.
    -Rat
  16. Forcallen Augur

Might have stacking conflicts and eats a buff slot. Put the focus on necro gloves, 8% group 10% raid. Or grant everyone 10% more dot crit via AA. Chandrok can then awe us with dd's and melee procs.
  17. Falos Augur

Any chance it can be changed so that we can set our exp to channel into merc exp so that the actual merc doesnt have to be unsuspended?

A lot of people will situationally use their mercs but if people are required to unsuspend their merc it will kinda deter people from grouping even more so than they are already. I understand the intent behind it I just fear that it might lead to less ideal grouping conditions. Heck i'd even be ok if the toggle was just on / off for merc exp and if you toggle merc exp on it channels ALL of the exp you'd earn for personal aa's and exp into merc aa's, either some kind of toggle or a slide bar of exp being divided would be the ideal thing imo.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Will these AAs count towards the max AA allowed numbers for Silver and F2P accounts?
  19. Insaneox Augur

Not envy its many SK's don't use these days on raids and its such a valuable tool to go to waste. I'd sure use it!
  20. EQbud Augur

Better yet, just make them regular AAs. Could add a Mercenary tab either between General and Archtype (since they would otherwise be general), or between Class and Special. Perhaps even after special since they affect your mercs instead of yourself.

This would cut down on any situations that could arise based on PC vs. Merc or whose merc gets to be popped and gain EXP.