EQ Bard Charm Kiting Guide and Other Info

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by HolaHola, Nov 8, 2012.

1. HolaHola New Member

What level song are you using? There are range limitations to the lvl 40 something song. This range is increased in our later renditions.
  2. Adamo Twistalot New Member

I had been using the lvl 70 charm... and now Im 85. I just looked up what you were saying and realized that starting with our 83 charm we get almost double the range.
    I know I have only been back 2 weeks or so but......
    why nerf our charms to prevent/hinder Bard swarm kiting during the levels where most of the zones are empty only to give us back the ability at the end game when the devs (from my impression) want us to group and fit the group support roll that was intended? Shouldnt it be the other way around to allow us to catch up with the higher level players so we can thus group with people??
  3. JERUS Augur

It was lowered going into OOW as an attempt to stop us from doing it. it didn't stop us though and totally broke using charm for anything else so they relaxed it a few expansions later thankfully. Much less stressful kiting with this range than the old one, and I can actually use it for other things.
  4. HolaHola New Member

What Jerus said :)
  5. Adamo Twistalot New Member

Im lvl 89 now, and need to buff up my wind skill. Where do you recommend I go to start swarming? Also where do you recommend as my level increases.... (90-93) (93-96) etc.....
    Any advice on charm spots would be great as it saves me some trial and error time ;)
  6. Zorasis Lorekeeper

At level 89 you can go and swarm in Korascian Warrens. A good spot is at the golems close to the entrance, flat ground to kite them in and lots of mobs close by. This can take you to level 91-92 before the xp slows down. After that i dont know really as you wont get another charm until level 94. Someone else will have to fill in. Best of luck
  7. HolaHola New Member

8. Zewlushi New Member

Fantastic guide. Just one question, I see that you charm a new mob before the previous is dead. Doesn't this cut into your exp? I know that it used to.
  9. Adamo Twistalot New Member

Thanks for the tips! I went and tried Kosk and was doing ok, died a few times but got the hang of it again.
    My guild members have been saying that grouping is better xp though, Im guessing that depends on the group and what not. They were mentioning that kiting is good for AA's more so then leveling... So I was wondering when you say Kosk is good until 95 do you mean I can level from 90 to 95 there more quickly then by grouping, or do you mean that I can get good amounts of AA's there if I have some downtime.
    Thanks
    Adamo
  10. Mzuri Spellsong New Member

11. silku Augur

don't you have to equip the ring though? I know the mosquito boots are inventory usable but they never seem to drop for me.
  12. Adamo Twistalot New Member

Well I thought Id give a little right up to help add to this post specifically about the Korascian Warrens.

When you zone in you will be going after the clay golems and the crystalline hulk.
    The golems are your bread and butter melee mobs that will chase you and will be very easy to kite and work with. The Hulks though are Paladins, and have some healing spells that can be annoying.
    If a hulk gets dropped below 50% health they will stat trying to heal themselves like crazy, often just standing in one spot healing over and over again. This can be a pain if you have just charmed them, as they wont go after the target and will just keep healing themselves till they burn through their mana (I think they must burn through it anyway) So I recommend trying to charm them when they are still at max.

The named that shows up is an elf named Uk and for whatever reason he wants to kill you, he has a big aggro range, summons and hits harder then the golems. First time I saw him, I thought he was a player....
    I tried kiting him the normal way and breaking charm when he was almost dead to send something on him but I got killed a few times, so now and I also recommend you do this just charm him and send him to his death.

Good luck and happy kiting
    AJ
  13. bob99b New Member

I'm kind of lost for charm kiting at level 93. Bards have mentioned Al'Kabor's Nightmare but which island? Rivervale is kind of awful because of the large hit-boxed mobs and the ridiculous amount of trees.
  14. Grove Augur

Noticing that Boots of the Mosquito cast Invis v Animals. Is that not a problem re other types of mobs?
  15. Beezelbub Elder

Any bards got recommendation for lvl 94 charm spell. Working valley of lun rats not bad just good portion arent charmable
  16. Tenloar New Member

So I finally got the boots (ugh such a long camp!), I wasn't gonna pay 89k for them in the bazaar!

I'm a level 85 Bard, and Charm Kiting looks very promising. I practiced a bit on Worgs in Loping Plains. I seem to have the hang of it, I've only been doing worgs because of the task associated with them for the extra exp which makes it worthwhile.

My question is, are there any better charm kiting locations for a level 85 Bard? My charm caps at mobs up to level 83.

I'm open to suggested areas.

Thanks.
  17. Zolis New Member

Any suggestions on where to go once we get the 64 level charm? Anything that takes into consideration the new hotzones would be appreciated. Just came back from a very extended break and started a bard again on a new server. Currently swarming the PoD flies.
  18. Obiwon Elder

64 charm still great and you got a lot of charm choices. I personally spent a lot of time in Acrylia Caverns, but at that level you can charm kite so well in so many zones I recommend you stay at 65 or below for at least 500 aa, then the next decent charm you get is the low 70's one. the one you get in oowar is lousy, with no range on it, so you basically have to get into combat, cast it, then move on. not real good for much but add control (alternate, longer lasting mez) and some good dps. If you need more information on where, I can pm you a list, but the list is extensive. pop / kunark, velious, oowar, don, dodh, even GoD all offer a ton of greats zones for it since bards / chanters aren't stuck with animals like druids are. Dragon Necropolis, hmm.
  19. Obiwon Elder

diseased rats yes are not charmable I found out. I take it you charm kited Argath? I do that a lot when bored. not had difficulty. can do bd, but it offers problems, Alkabor still good at 94 can move islands as a bard, or you can move fear itself.

Sarith outside, but need to stay away from the summoners.
  20. Obiwon Elder

Most people charm in Al Kabor in first islands (although this is really the only island that druids can charm on). Bards can go to 2nd, much better exp, not a ton of summoners. just stay away from the halflings.

3rd also, but I forget which mobs summon. I generally end up pulling the wrong mobs and have to reset to often so I stay away from it for the most part.