Epics / Agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xabre, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Kahna Augur

Her point, I am a she, not a he, I'll forgive you though, it is a common mistake.

The threat of subscription loss isn't the only reason DBG does things, however, this is not some new thing just being pointed out to DBG. They know about the issues, they have known about the issues for years. They have deemed them low priority. The only thing that is going to get them to move it up the priority list is the threat of subscription loss. Which isn't going to happen because there won't be a mass exodus from Agnarr because chanters, SK, and wizards can't get their marginally useful and quickly replaced epics.
    MaestroM likes this.
  2. MaestroM Augur

Yeah and like just a month ago they posted they were open to looking into this. I'm not sure why y'all feel the need to keep saying it's not a priority. We know. That's why we're still talking about this. The Devs are on here all the time and the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
  3. Febb Augur

And yet Kunark releases Wednesday and nothing has been done about these bottle necks. I seriously doubt anything will be pushed in for the patch on Wednesday that isn't already on the test server. If they do patch anything in, it will be on September 20th. A full month after Kunark release and then some.

I'm pretty sure we're going to see many angry posts from people playing these classes just like we have seen many times before.
    MaestroM likes this.
  4. superman Augur

Make sk guy not despawn, lower spawn time on 2 ench fights and make wraith/golem spawn in fear instance FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DBG JUST DO IT!!!!! lol
  5. Puroah New Member

Devs. PLEASE lower the spawn time for the two enchanter mobs, make marl kastane not despawn on turn in, and make broken golem/wraith of a shissar spawn in fear instances.

Superman nailed it. I cannot think of a single reason to leave this as is, assuming the fix is an easy one.
  6. Valra New Member

This is a valid request. Can we please get a dev comment on this?
    MaestroM likes this.
  7. Fuzzbutt Elder

Would be nice if they lowered the spawn time on Shmendrick Lavawalker or make him unkillable, we have a guild camping him every time he spawns to block cleric epics, I know of at least 5 clerics they have screwed
    MaestroM likes this.
  8. Asphixia New Member

What do we want?!
    More epics!
    When do we want them!?
    In a reasonably non-bottlenecked time frame!
    Funk, Fuzzbutt and MaestroM like this.
  9. HoodenShuklak Augur

Dont let him go zerk!
  10. Magic Augur

^^
    bump.
    MaestroM likes this.
  11. suineg Lorekeeper

Most problems would be solved by NPC's that have no need to despawn on a turn in to stay there.

There are some mobs when you do a turn in they need to despawn for a new NPC to come. There are quite a few like Irak in Plane of Fear for the final turn in for Paladin epic that just don't need to despawn.
    MaestroM likes this.
  12. Gerhart Journeyman

/signed!

Adjust these bottlenecks!
    MaestroM likes this.
  13. Asphixia New Member

To the top!
    MaestroM likes this.
  14. Puroah New Member

Devs can we please get a comment?
    MaestroM likes this.
  15. BurningHeart New Member

/Signed

This needs to be looked into. 500 Bards + Rogues waiting on Eldreth * 3 hour spawn time = 60 total days of waiting at a camp
    MaestroM likes this.
  16. Kahna Augur

The Devs did comment on epics, on the epics blocking thread. They are not changing the quest mechanics or how they function at this time.
  17. MaestroM Augur

They commented in another thread about another issue. This is a separate issue from whether the cleric epic should be changed such that a mob marked as killable should be unkillable.

That was also not a dev and they made another statement with some pretty striking factual errors in it. I'll wait for this particular issue to be addressed directly.
  18. Kahna Augur

You're fooling yourself if you don't think they were refering to all epic issues with that comment. Knitpicking their response isn't going to help you. They responded, they aren't changing any mechanics. Try again next TLP.
  19. MaestroM Augur

Just curious. What do you care?
  20. BurningHeart New Member

There's 8 people currently camping Eldreth, and no sign of him for over 6 hours now.

If his spawn time is 8 hours like P99 and 100 rogues going for epic then we'll be waiting a month before any chance of seeing him up.

Nobody wants to camp a mob that long and I'm sure the original EQ dev's intent wasn't that everyone would be at the same point in an epic quest at Kunark release.

A camping player is one that isn't buying krono and all of DBG's other trinkets. It's in everyone's interest to fix this.