Epics / Agnarr

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xabre, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Corilleous Elder

We got one of our Enchanters Shissar in Fear, they put in the time to camp it
    We have one of our SKs on final fight, he put int he time and did his camps

These people put in their time, the guild helped, and the epic will feel so much sweeter when they finish it. Yes the easier epics in guild are completed already, but people playing a game as old as this should know ahead of time what they are getting into beforehand.
  2. MaestroM Augur

Thanks for reminding me of that one. Fortunately, a rogue can call his or her guild into LR, spawn a new pick and do this part. Not so for Marl, VT, and golem, which is kind of the part that makes them bad and the rogue epic, manageable.
  3. Fethos Lorekeeper

looking for the ACTUAL spawn time for ' a broken golem ' in fear. I have read 24-72, static 72, 36 +/- 6, 36 static, 72 +/- 12...
    I spent 20 hours camping him when i THOUGHT his window was open the other day, and he never showed. Im not looking for info when he's spawning next, just would like to know what exactly to expect. I know spawn timers on vareena tomb, shissar, and lots of the ground spawns have been changed on TLP's, but having no solid info is extremely aggravating.
  4. Communist Puppy Augur

Does agnarr have a single completed SK epic yet?
  5. MaestroM Augur

I'd be surprised if there wasn't at least one. But I would also be very surprised if we get out of Kunark with more than a handful.
  6. Curious Bard New Member

We had the bard skyire epic mob... Faceless Empire guy charmed it and gated off. Scum of the server.
    Protocol and Asphixia like this.
  7. Xanathol Augur

There are two.
  8. Xeris Augur

People haven't even brought up Caradon for SK epic. I tried to kill him and he wasn't up, and didn't spawn in an instance. Another 3 day respawn, and you don't even need to kill him.

Anyone know if quest mobs generally spawn in an instance or is it random?
  9. Avatar31 New Member

Just curious how much is actually involved in changing the respawn timer on something. Is it possible to change for individual servers, or does it affect all servers? Not that lowering respawn time on these would negatively impact live in any way at all.

If a dev would respond just to sate my curiosity...
  10. Febb Augur

Depends on the NPC. If they don't spawn on server/zone up then you'll have to wait for them to spawn. Old world EQ is notorious for rare NPC's with a random spawn timer of 18 to 72 hours.
  11. Senen Journeyman

I find it odd to say the least that Daybreak changed certain epics to be easier, yet turns a blind eye to two of the biggest epic blocks in the game. SK's and Enchanters, its literally 5 mins of work, then they hide behind the we don't feel ok doing it none sense. I mean lets be real here guys most of us are in 30-50 years old at this point. Almost all of us experienced this back in the hay day. A little give and take here for some minor Quality of Life adjustments would be the right direction. If the devs as the say don't feel right making changes for the SK/Necro road blocks. Then why did they feel ok doing it for Shamans, Clerics, and other Epics? Why allow /pic on the server if were going to roll back 18 years of progress and play the its rare card? Personally I think the Daybreak devs get off on watching a bunch of adults act like children fighting in the school yard. If anything it has to make you question ones Moral compass as to why they think this would be to promote this kind of behavior in a social game. The very reason most people I know came back to this game was to make more long term friendships. I still have people that I met in my first years of EQ fly out to visit like there family. I think a more common sense approach by the devs is needed and to start treating there customers with a little more mutual respect.
  12. D`General New Member

For the love of EQ FIX MARL
  13. Thunndar Journeyman

14. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Don't you dare try and insinuate that the necromancer epic is worth mentioning in the same sentence as the SK epic in a post where you whine about some epics being difficult. The necro epic is extremely easy.
  15. HoodenShuklak Augur

The audacity!
  16. Xeris Augur

Took me 5 days of camping Marl to complete epic. 1 day to get the timer. 4 days of turnins -- got it twice, missed it twice. Wasn't too bad actually.
  17. Fadenea New Member

Devs really Hate chanters we have 3 bottlenecks, not just one. It's not like our epic is super uber either to require so many bottlenecks. Would love to get it in era but from the looks of it, I won't be getting it until the server clears out some. They must have thought that too many enchanters with their epics would be overpowering to the servers.
    Vessel Drozlin in Cabilis, Verina Tomb in Neriak, Wraith of a Shissir in the Plane of Fear
    All three are chanter epic. They fixed issue with bard epic but left the chanter epic where it was. Sucks to be a chanter wanting an epic during Kurnark and not LDoN. Tis another reason why I wonder why we should have to pay to play on the TLP servers. If we have to deal with the same long bottlenecks but content rushes past. By the time most will actually get it the effects will be updated by something else. My opinion is that if the time between expansions is lessened so, should the time between spawns. 9 months between Kunark and Velious, reduced to 8 weeks. Timeframes of TPL should be taken into consideration.
    There is my rant for today :D
  18. Darchias Augur

Inc Spaghetti post
    Hahahahahahahaha. You have no idea boyo.
    Not the first to say this, but necro epic one fo the easiest in the game.
    Where's the mutual respect here? In this post you insulted their job by saying it's easy when it's not, you called them sadists who enjoy the suffering of their customer base, and you called into question their moral compass. The lack of respect is squarely on this side of the equation, good sir. If you want them to treat you with respect, perhaps you should start treating them with respect first? You can all you want, but don't bring the words 'mutual respect' into this if you're not going to show any.
  19. jack of all trades Elder

Verina is a 48 hour +/- 6 hour spawn (at least from my experience on this and other servers). We got it around hour 50.

Vessel is a 35 hour +/- 2?ish hour spawn (Saw it spawn at 33, had ours spawn at 34, and saw it go to 36 for a guildy).

Wraith was insanely easy once we got the timer. 72 hour, almost 100% consistent (think there may be a +/- 1 hour timer, but not completely sure since we zoned in about 4 minutes after the 72 hour timer expired, and it was up.)

Yes. These camps ****ing suck. But, once you get it, you feel a sense of accomplishment like no other, even in an 18 year old game.

That being said.. Please, for the love of god, lower these respawns or make picks a viable option for each zone. And the same for Marl/Broken Golem as well. If you want these drops/turnins/whatever to be hard, I think we'd all agree that giving them an "Epic MOTM" buff or some nonsense would be fine. We'd rather drag 3-5 groups to kill the dang thing than to spend countless hours trying to camp it.
  20. RizLoaner Elder

I think you missed a few other threads from 4 years ago, keep digging!