Epic mobs with * (turn ins)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Valkorn, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Valkorn New Member

This may have been addressed somewhere but I couldn't find it.

TLDR: What are the specifics on the epic turn in mobs with *? Can others turn in items to them ( purposes), do they stay up for multiple turn ins but the last is the person who spawned it etc?

Situation:

I'm playing on Aradune and one of my characters (2nd of 2 accounts) looted Lord Gimblox's ring for the cleric epic while my cleric has Begurgle's crown. Once I finish the robe turn ins etc, he will have the orb and Natasha will spawn.

My question, I went to get the statue to spawn the sol ro piece today and saw a Natasha Whitewater up, except it was *Natasha Whitewater. People said that this means this spawned mob is locked to the person doing the quest. Does this mean that if I turn in the robe to get the orb to spawn Natasha on my cleric that my other character (2nd account) won't be able to do the ring turn in to get the shell? I can't find a way to break this cycle to if that's the case since the next part with the scepter and chardoc head does another Natasha.

Thank you in advance! Hoping not to have to camp gimblox again.
  2. Jared stanson New Member

I'm not 100% sure the answer to this question but just wanted to say that whoever loots the gimblox ring, must loot all the pearls from skyfire. There is no work around that I know of. The person that loots the ring is stuck with collecting the pearls.
    yerm likes this.
  3. Valkorn New Member

Thank you for that feedback. I was (am) prepared for that part, just not sure if any of this works.
  4. Captain Video Augur

People were complaining that they couldn't complete long quest lines like this example, because someone else would poach the final turn-in. The * in front of the NPC name does in fact mean this particular quest has been modified to lock the turn-in step to the player who spawned the mob. There are still some quests in-game where split turn-ins are allowed; the modified ones are those which have generated poaching issues in the past.
  5. Dominate Augur

This is not the case with Natasha Whitewater after you turn in Bergurgle's Crown to Shmendrik Lavawalker. People have been having their Crown's poached by unsavory types gating in after you spawn Natasha, and turning in the Damaged Goblin Crown to her. This, effectively, snipes your Bergurgle's Crown.

So, that ONE NPC is definitely not locked ot whoever spawns her.
  6. Healiez Augur

That might have been the goal, but its not how it is working. All the * does is lock the loot to you. Anyone else can still do the turn in

In my experiences the mobs are only loot locked, it does not prevent you from doing a turn in.

Have tested this a few times.
    Valkorn likes this.
  7. Siah Elder

LOL, the never ending "Cuck chain", i see it's still going... You are dumb enough to get cucked, so you just cuck the next guy when they do there turn in! "shrug" the GM's won't do anything so just kill the Spirit, wait for another cleric to do the hand in and wait inside the house for Natasha to spawn and boom, never need to farm Berg Crown!
  8. Valkorn New Member

I can't remember, does the Natasha spawned in Rathe have the *, or just the one in Timorous Deep? If the Natasha in Rathe has it, then I've already done what I'm worried about before and it worked.
  9. Wengi Journeyman

There were 3 months of classic to do this step and not have any worry that someone would poach your crown. A petition about this step normally gets the crown back, or have things changed?
  10. yerm Augur

This is the case. In both cases I know of where someone had this happen to them, a petition got them their crown back and they were able to then obtain their shell. I even heard a story of someone doing it to another by accident, ratting on themself, and the GM resolving the situation basically in both person's favor.

If you get ******** on a turn in and your solution is to go screw over someone else next you are probably a pretty miserable and antisocial person. Put in a petition or farm the stupid goblin again. If I were a CSR and someone's excuse for stealing the turn in was "well someone did it to me first" I'd go extra harsh since that person clearly knows how much it sucks and must lack empathy.
  11. Valkorn New Member

Follow up. Before trying a camp again, decided to see if a Natasha was up in TD (based on a note that people have identified multiple spawns there). Checked no cleric was working on their epic and there was a Natasha up (I didn't spawn). Turned in the ring and it works. Can fully confirm turn ins on * don't matter (at least for Natasha).
  12. Siah Elder

I've known multiple people who have lost there crowns, because someone else did the hand in on there Natasha in Lake Rathe, so they just did the turn in on the next poor soul who handed in there crown to Shmendrik, causing a chain. And no, in the peitions the GM's will not give you the crown back, they will tell you too bad and to go farm another one. So people just figure that best option is just to cuck the next guy out there turn in, /shrug.
  13. Siah Elder

No, the GM's will not give you the crown back. You need to go farm another one, and considering that spawn rate of Berg is like 2%, good luck with that.
  14. yerm Augur

I don't know what to tell you buddy. The GMs gave my friends their crowns back. Maybe your pals who think the solution to an awful situation is to perpetuate it onto the next person were equally obnoxious and ranting when they contacted the GMs?

Even if the GM response is 100% no crown you still will never convince me that passing on the grievance to the next person is a solution.
    Goburs likes this.
  15. Kodachi Augur

Oh, screw poaching the start of the cleric epic, poach ragefire. It only locks the human form after you do the hand in, the dragon is still free and open game. I learned this when I did my alt clerics epic and the raid killed it without said cleric in the raid.
  16. Siah Elder

[IMG]
    Well, I can tell you that I know of 3 different people that had there Natasha taken, all 3 petitioned, all 3 had the GM's tell them no to a new crown. And why not poach other people's Natasha's. It's apparently not against the rules and everyone is doing it, /[IMG]shrug.
  17. Siah Elder

https://ibb.co/wNbnZf4
  18. Siah Elder

If they have an "offhands policy" not sure how your friends had there crowns returned to them.
  19. jeskola pheerie

Did you report it as bugged/not working as intended, or that another player stole your quest spawn?
  20. Nahdea New Member

Give us names or have them come forward saying they got their crowns back when no one we know has gotten any help on getting it back. This hardcore guild even sits in cleric channel selling the crown saying "don't get cucked again." In other words, pay us krono to compete this step or we will steal it
    from you.

How is this even ethical or allowed by daybreak/darkpaw is beyond me.