Epic mobs with * (turn ins)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Valkorn, Aug 27, 2020.

1. EchoFreya Lorekeeper

Someone in charge really needs to put an end to toxic attitudes like this. It's ludicrous that someone can post like this with impunity.
    Thankfully only 20% of the population thinks this way, but I'd prefer not be sharing recreational space that I pay for with them.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Segregation is never the answer.
  3. EchoFreya Lorekeeper

Really?

On that note, I'm curious to hear your proposal for alternatives to judicial and penal systems used for thousands of years worldwide. Society hasn't figured out a better system to separate the morally corrupt in order to keep the majority safe, but it sounds like you have a suggestion?
  4. Wrightsvillain New Member

Stop being such a snowflake, because the dude commented on a forum post he needs to be penalized? LOL FOR WHAT? Because he pointed out that GM's wouldn't do anything? Maybe it was a little sarcasm to get them to act on it. Regardless, get a grip dude. Be mad at the GM's for not fixing the issue, not someone commenting on it.
    ttin and Dazinth like this.
  5. Dazinth New Member

Couldn't agree more, why would someone even suggest something so dumb, I didn't see anything wrong with the post and actually found some humor in it. Regardless, people are allowed to say what they want as long as it follows the forums rules, and to me it doesn't look like any rules were broken. If you want to start censoring things you might disagree with then forums really aren't the place for you.
    Wrightsvillain and ttin like this.
  6. Siah Elder

So, I'm going to give you a little insight since that guy was me.

If you think that only one guild is screwing people out of Natasha hand-in you're greatly mistaken. I am in that guild and happened to have a 2nd crown after doing Shmendrik. I heard of stories(from people in my guild) of them being screwed over by other clerics(from several other guilds mind you) while doing there hand-ins. They did petition, hence the SS one of them shared with me that I posted above. So to make light of the situation, I figured maybe someone would want my extra crown. Especially since it's much less likely to get screwed over when someone else is doing that hand-in for you to get Natasha to spawn.

How does any of this have anything to do with my guild stealing it if you don't buy it? That is a huge assumption, and a very wrong one.

And to Freya, like the other dude said, I was poking fun at the GM's not handling it. To try and personally attack me and try to censor me because of you not agreeing with it blows my mind. Get mad at the GM's for not doing anything about it, not me. /shrug
    Wrightsvillain and Dazinth like this.
  7. xmPradah Not a dude

I can confirm CS will not do anything to help/replace the crown if *Natasha in LR is poached. Since she immediately despawns (unlike the TD version) you're stuck having to either recamp Bergurgle, buy an (4kr on Riz), or poach her from someone else (which I could have done twice, but refuse to be that sh*tty of a person).
    If the Devs would correct Shmendrik to ONLY spawn Spirit of Flame after a crown turn in, wouldn't this solve the issue (most)? Has anyone reported it outside of a petition?
    Or they could allow Natasha to stay up for #minutes to allow for multiple turn-ins, like she does in TD.
    I ended up waiting around LR for someone to fail SoF hoping I could get a turn in on their *Natasha, but there's no way I'd ever poach her. Ultimately, I ended up recamping the crown.
  8. dentalplan lisa needs braces

Just to answer the OP's question - the asterisk doesn't seem to impact turn in mobs at all, and you can definitely turn in to a Natasha in TD that someone else spawned with no issues. I did this over the weekend to turn in my Gimblox ring.

The asterisk seems to only lock loot from the spawned NPC to whoever spawned them, not lock them to turn ins, which is why there are still issues with Lakerathe Natasha turn ins being stolen for instance.
  9. SoandsoForumUser Augur

Lets not pretend there's any consistency in how a GM will respond to a situation, I've witnessed them restore misslooted or accidentally rotted raid loot multiple times, and I've seen them refuse to do the same saying it's explicitly against policy and they can't do it anymore, months apart in each case.
  10. yerm Augur

If it were up to me and I were head of CS I would permanently ban any smooth brained moron who turned in a burg crown, killed shmed and spirit, looted a damaged crown... and did not turn in the damaged crown only to come back later realizing their mistake and choose to rectify it by screwing over someone else rather than recamping burg and doing it right the 2nd time. Ideally they would be castrated and banned from all public discourse but we live in less intellectual times, so a ban would be ideal.

Realistically GMs do not know how this quest works AND they are probably very burned on all the drama surrounding these things. It's definitely a real shame and a poor choice that their response to what must be a thoroughly toxic situation is to just take the easy hands off approach... but I can't help but share some of that blame with the crowd.
  11. dentalplan lisa needs braces

Unless it's been fixed in the last few years, there's a way to get the damaged crown without actually camping gurg at all, so I'd imagine that's what's actually happening here when someone has their Natasha turn in stolen.
  12. Jalen007 Lorekeeper

The * next to spawned NPCs is generally related to loot on the corpse of said NPC. For example, if you turn in the shell in Burning Woods to spawn Ixiblat Fur* and there is another raid that swoops in and kills your IF, they would not be able to loot anything from the corpse, only you would (even though you were not in the raid and did not get exp for the kill). The corpse would be locked to the person that spawned IF. This was a good change. I do believe there may be a time limit on this though, like 30 min?

To the best of my knowledge, this was the only change, the locked ability to loot from the spawned NPC regardless of who gets the kill. So, turn ins were not changed.

Lake Rathe works a little differently because you turn in the crown to spawn Natasha, but you do not kill Natasha. You assist her in killing the NPC. That means anyone can loot the damaged crown that gets the kill.

Turn ins are not limited by the * tag.
  13. xmPradah Not a dude

Incorrect. Apparently you can kill the normal Shmendrik (without doing the Lord Berg Crown turn in) and the Spirit of Flame will still spawn and drop the Damaged Goblin Crown - bypassing the camp for Lord Bergurgle. Then they just have to wait in the cabin and turn in to *Natasha when someone else turns their crown in to the next Shmendrik that spawns.

I haven't confirmed this (but will).
  14. dentalplan lisa needs braces

Yep, that's exactly what I was trying to avoid spelling out explicitly for fear of making the problem worse.