End of Empire(group mission) was scaled after ToV?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nerianie, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Nerianie Apprentice

Last night, I noticed that Kar`Zok Warleader Hegron in End of Empire(RoS Group Mission) is level 117.
    ZAM said, Hegron was level 114 at 08-2019.

I know some missions are scalable and some missions are not.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...missions-to-scale-to-115.261496/#post-3849358
    also, Skyfire drakes were scaled accidentally, then fixed later.

So, Just in case,
    I'd like to know that this mission is designed for "scalable up to lv111+" or it is bug.
    I don't have way to know.

Thank you.
  2. Zamiam Augur

well im guessing its a mistake as it was said once that missions/tasks from an expansion would scale to the max level of that expansion .. so RoS would scale to 110 so im guessin named would be 112 -114 max ? could be wrong ..
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Yinla like this.
  3. Lubianx Augur

We noticed the same thing doing PoFear (new one). Dracho, The Golems and CT all hit for over 90k which definitely was not in era and Dracho and the golems had 2.5 billion HP
    Corwyhn Lionheart, Yinla and Duder like this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I hope this is just a bug that will be corrected.

I think many players who does the older missions now, are returnees who does it as a part of linear progression, meaning they probably don't have better than the gear they found on the way(unless they twink). Sure they might be higher level than 110, but their gear might not reflect that.
    Xenze and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  5. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

report this in the bug forums.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Nerianie Apprentice

7. Daedly Augur

This probably wouldn't happen if they would stop going back and making retroactive changes to mobs because a new expansion is released. Short if a bug fix, there is really no reason that should be happening.

It is probably the most disappointing practices I have seen the game take. To me it is a similar concept to what Apple was doing by slowing down old phone's to push people into new ones. I hope they reconsider such actions at some point.
    Bobokin, Vumad, Xyphen and 3 others like this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

This...so much.

There is ZERO reason to go back and retroactively change older content to match current levels. It may be one of the dumbest things they've ever done.
    Bobokin, Corwyhn Lionheart and Yinla like this.
  9. kimbotta Lorekeeper

For some reason they are hell bent on forcing people to take the route they want. They don't want customers using past content to achieve current goals. Makes the game very linear.

I have always felt any past content should be simple as possible so when someone returns they can get cought up and compleate missions, do collections, etc at an accelerated rate. The have enough to fix without creating new bugs along the way.
    Duder and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Nothing should be harder than was intended when it was released. If I want to create a new alt and run them through content relevent at their level they shouldn't be coming up against harder mobs just because a new expansion has been released.
    Marton and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Do you really think they went back and changed this on purpose?

Missions have the possibility of being dynamic and scaling to level. All it takes is one setting messed up to allow a mob to gain a new spell it didn't have, or become a higher level. Its a bug. It will (eventually) be fixed.

No missions are supposed to scale past the level it was made for. That was a nerf they did do to people using old easy missions to level, because they didn't scale well past where they were intended to be done.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

Absolutely I do. Go back and read all the various patch notes around the the ToV release. They SPECIFICALLY changed older content to make it harder than it was when that content was released. Maybe they had to based on this "scale to max level" nonsense that every spell/effect now has...maybe they were just sadistic...I don't know.

But yes...it was a change on purpose. They didn't have to change the max scaling level of that stuff...they chose to do it.
    Bobokin likes this.
  13. Tappin Augur

All content should be doable with era AAs/Gear. There isn’t any legitimate reason otherwise.
  14. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Show me the patch note that said they went back and made older content harder.

In fact, the only patch note I remember on the subject were them making changes to strikethrough that actually made older content EASIER. Or at least that was the intention. If the actual result of the various mods actually made older content harder, then that's a bug and it should be fixed. Done. Game, set, match.
  15. Tucoh Augur

There's zero reason to think they did this on purpose. Every time I've seen this happen they've apologized (if tacitly) and reverted it.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Same patch as the changes to strike through
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-december-18-2019.261510/

The bits in red is where they have deliberatly made older content harder. Something they said they wouldn't do when they changed HAs previously. These changes have made CotF and after harder due to NPCs being level 106+. All the yellow cons in TBM, TDS and EoK are now far harder than they were at release for chars coming through at level 105.
    Bobokin likes this.
  17. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

But, AHEM, the task and questing system is bug free right? The cewl bruhs at 1-900-WULFGAR told me so.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

In the ToV launch patch (Dec. 18)

- Spells cast by NPCs in Heroic Adventures will scale more appropriately at higher levels.
    - Level 106-110 NPCs in Heroic Adventures now base their stats on tier 1 Ring of Scale instead of tier 1 Empires of Kunark.

This made the older HAs harder than what they were in era and why mobs are hitting for 90k a pop when they shouldn't be.
    Bobokin likes this.
  19. Bobokin Augur

Other than they did this on many HAs as policy and have actually put it in the patch notes, there is zero reason to believe they did this on purpose.

This especially frustrating for mixed level groups because it scales to the highest character. Got that 112 player in with a 105, 100, 98, and the group no longer works. Instead of helping, higher level characters in a group turn lower level grouped players into observers.

Daybreak ruined GMM with this, and they are ruining EoK as well - especially for not-pet and non-tank classes that have not had the ability to stand toe to toe with blues for years. Whoever decided this was a good thing should be put in the smallest cubicle in the office.
    Velisaris_MS and Yinla like this.
  20. Cloud the Third Augur

I like to go back and do old raids I didn't get achievements for because I didn't play during the expansion. Some are soloable but I have had issues with some due to the way the raid works. It banishes a player so far away that the boss drops aggro before you can get back and regens to full health. Others where you have to get a clicky proc bane item but do no normal damage but because you only have 1 person attacking it would take hours to proc the number of times needed. Not even sure on that raid if you could do it with 6 people in the raid.