End all Multi-questing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fadenea, Sep 28, 2017.

1. MaxTheLion Augur

Child's Tear for Shaman epic can no longer be multi-quested. Is this a new occurrence related to all the on these forums?
  2. Machentoo Augur

Did you have the appropriate faction?
    Punchu likes this.
  3. jeskola pheerie

4. MaxTheLion Augur

I had tried low warmly and while sneak and invis. Couple of faction bumps up to ally did the trick. Thanks for the reminder.
    Machentoo likes this.
  5. Toruch Fleshrot Augur

I have a ring of the ancients that's just waiting for someone that wants j boots.
  6. Mashef Augur

These problems exist during Classic/Kunark for all servers and go away as soon Velious hits. Didn't see box armies in Velious/Luclin because the content gets harder and the raid loot is so good the gear that can be traded/quested has a limited purpose of twinking. (outside of a few exceptional quest items)

This isn't a toxic probelm specific to Agnarr it happened on Combine, Sleeper, Fippy, Ragefire, Lockjaw, Phinny and now Agnarr. It goes away once tradeable loot isn't just as good as raid drops...so in about 1 month.
    Risiko likes this.
  7. Rhodz Augur

And yet they still open them in Classic knowing all this to be true.
    *shrugs*
  8. Febb Augur

And yet people still play pre Velious and whine about all the terrible design and expect developers to change all of it to meet modern day players. It's like sticking your hand into the fire over and over again.
  9. Rhodz Augur

You mean like these guys?
  10. Ethereal Augur

Game devs, please rework the entire code of Everquest and the fundamental way basically every single quest in this game is handled just so this one player can have a better experience.

Get to it. This is a reasonable request and clearly thought out and not made quickly with zero concern for the impact on the entire rest of the game/servers.

Flip the switch, I know it's that easy.
  11. Finchy Augur

You just don't get it, do you? This game is 18 years old. It's not a new game, it's not even new content on the TLPs. This content has been played over multiple times for a long time. There is nothing new, outside of the changes the devs have made during this late run of TLPs, but those are mechanic changes and quality of life changes. The content is still the same.

After being on the high end of this content multiple times, the only reason to play is 1. hang out with friends, 2. learn more efficient ways to do something. If along the way you find a bug or exploit, who cares it's 18 years old. Either people will cry and devs will fix it, or you found a new way to do something.

The people who are complaining about all this crap are ones that were never at a high end spot in this game, and now the quality of life changes exist, you as a casual, have the ability to see end game content in era, and contesting those who have done this time and time again know all the shortcuts and secrets to keep you in check. Unfortunately, the devs seem to be catering to these people in hopes of keeping as many subs as possible.

Having Everquest as your home base for a video game choice has been long past, the TLPs are just a hangout place in between new game releases to pass the time.
  12. Risiko Augur

As long as they end up allowing transfers off of Agnarr in the future, Agnarr will be THE server for new and returning players to play on. It allows for the old school enjoyment of 1 to 65 and epics. Then when and if the player wants to move on to a modern server after completing everything on Agnarr, they can transfer off to a Live server to continue on.

In fact, this would make Agnarr the perfect recruiting grounds for Live server guilds to find new recruits for their guilds.

For many, many years, people have complained that there is no good solution for new or returning players because 99% of the population on live servers are at max level / max AA / current expansion raid geared level. If DBG opens up character transfers off in the future, Agnarr ultimately becomes the solution to that issue.

New to Everquest? Start on Agnarr. Transfer to live later.

Returning to Everquest and want to start over? Start on Agnarr. Transfer to live later.

It makes sense imo.
    Rhodz likes this.
  13. Rhodz Augur

Imaginative, insightful, and practical.
    Were you a Dev at DBG your termination notice would be on it's way now.
  14. Machentoo Augur

Uh, no. The gap between level 65 and 500 aa, and live, is too great. No one on live is going to be excited about a level 65 character, and no one is going to care about your epic 1.0. You can achieve level 65 in about two hours of played time on live, and you'll have autogrant fill out every single aa you can earn on agnarr. The 1.0 is completely irrelevant, and whatever PoTime gear you have accumulated will be irrelevant about two minutes after you transfer.

The number of players that will stick out the leven and aa grind on live after playing on agnarr will be very, very low.
  15. Rhodz Augur

Well the 1.0 was irrelevant by the end of the PoP era (some in Kunark err Druids? isn't that a great Epic)... the PoT gear is irrelevant by the end of GoD .... so you know all that would be irrelevant. :oops:
    As for the rest of it, pretty much the same, auto-grant removes the AA grind (thank goodness) and with a little company one can be fully group geared at the latest expansion and max level in a month. Less if one takes the 85 heroic route... meaning that char is now ready to help out... again making your complaints irrelevant.
    Or are we just worried the krono market might collapse if new TLPs don't spin up regular?
  16. Machentoo Augur

No, it doesn't make my comments irrelevant, you missed my point. Playing on Agnarr, however much time and effort you put into it, will not give you ANY effective advantage over someone who just starts at level 1 on live. There is no reason for it. In fact it would effectively be a waste of time if your aim is to eventually play on live.

And i could care less about the krono market, I've never had more than 3-4 to my name and haven't ever made a cent on them or anything else in this game.
  17. Renshu Augur

So, you want people to be able to enjoy this wonderful LOCKED server that is full of people to level with by letting them transfer somewhere else? Letting people transfer off of Agnarr defeats the whole purpose of a LOCKED server with a population that cannot leave!

The answer you seek for live servers is already in existence in Heroic Toons.
  18. Machentoo Augur

News flash, people can leave agnarr whether they are able to transfer off or not. Those who would transfer are going to just leave and start new characters elsewhere. They aren't going to sit there playing on Agnarr for the next 15 years just because they cannot transfer.
  19. Renshu Augur

Dude. You are missing the obvious point and trying to argue semantics.
  20. Rhodz Augur

I answered your objections on the matter of irrelevance rather thoroughly I thought since you did not contest it on those grounds.

I see no search for any advantage here, some people just get very attached to chars is all I thought of it, don't understand it but wont gainsay it. A copy over to Live would be a better solution than a transfer anyway, likely costs less, and if this were a real gaming company that actually ran and promoted the game would be general practice by now but it isn't so...

It will take an average player a couple of weeks or even longer to hit 65 depending on how much time and help is available. Sure you can do it far faster IF you have the right help to power level and don't mind breaking the game so to speak. Certainly wont be moloing it in a couple of hours.

I would think this is more in line with a player getting their feet wet again, relearning the game or even for the first time. Time is not really the factor it would be for an EQ guru. Imagination covers a lot of ills.

So exactly what is it about this that would cause the world to crash?