End all Multi-questing

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Fadenea, Sep 28, 2017.

1. Atomos Augur

I'm trying to imagine running a guild on a server where people are going to constantly be transferring off once they're bored of beating all the content and all the gear is rotting, and there's no new content to look forward to. It'll be like being a teacher, each year you get new students and say goodbye to all the old ones. Doesn't really sound appealing to me, TBH.
  2. Machentoo Augur

A couple weeks? No. Not remotely. journeyman 1 merc will mow reds down all day. Maybe a couple hours is only if you get a powerlevel but it doesn't take more than a day of playing to get to 65.

And very little that you do 1-65 has any relevance to live play. The discs/abilities/spells/aas are entirely different, the encounters are worlds apart both in group and raid play. There is very little in common between the agnarr experience and playing on live.

And nothing about it would cause the world to crash, I just don't see the point. Why do people start on a server that is advertised as locking at ldon, and then complain that they are locked at ldon and ask to transfer? Why not just play on a server that will go past those expansions in the first place?
    snailish likes this.
  3. snailish Augur

Let's pretend it is logical (at some point) to launch a second locked server, maybe it starts at GoD* and locks at TSS (1-75 new content leveling and quests with good quest rewards if defiant is locked out). You give this server 3 months till OoW then allow Agnarr transfers up the ladder. Maybe this kills the Agnarr endgame... or maybe it just means a bunch of retired characters get brought back out.

*with 51/50 not defiant geared as a character creation choice, not forced

Either way, you have to keep the ladder step reasonable or people won't want to do it... but this ladder step is still far below the current 85 heroics (which some feel are about 15 levels too low already for Live).

But... TSS lock #2 might get people enough of a taste of the modern game that they'd take a free move to Fippy (looks like it's stalling a few expacs short of live) and eventually Ragefire, Lockjaw and Phinigel (and what comes after Phinny that is moving eras) as they get a couple of expacs past the TSS locked server.

If the moves are free (though limited in destination) this might work. Paid moves just about anywhere of course, but the free moves to passing progression servers would be an incentive to some I think, if establishing such a cycle made sense.
  4. jack of all trades Elder

+1.

F*CK doing Kunark again.
    Rhodz likes this.
  5. Machentoo Augur

They have very little reason to do such a server in the next ~2 years considering that Phinigel is currently playing through that content and Ragefire and Lockjaw will shortly be too. If people want to play that content, they already have a server to do it.
    snailish likes this.
  6. Rhodz Augur

First off the OP was looking for a way to help the game not complain about the lock.

Secondly... one day?
    You must be counting a very long day or else this is FV on a bonus weekend with a III potion running.
    I am going by the old standard 10-12 hours a week for casual play, standard server xp. Some people do have other things to do. Depending on the class? 20-30 hours of play to hit mid 60s. Deduct for whatever you wish to pay for be it twinking, potions, or PL.

Yes things change in later xpaks so what? Players adjust, all he is doing is looking for a way for people to remain interested enough in the game to keep paying in some fashion.
  7. Rhodz Augur

Heck change people $? to copy their char from AG to the Live server of choice and throw in a Heroic upgrade so they start at 85 fully geared (mmm yeah).
    They keep their char on AG, motive to keep subbing, and the char on Live ready to go, sorta. Only current subs on AG eligible of course.
    Its just bits after all but the money is very real.
  8. Grasamo Journeyman

I'd be willing to bet that most of the people defending the stuff are the ones also gouging everyone bu 6 boxing content to sell for ridiculous prices.
  9. Risiko Augur

I tend to believe that a vast majority of the population would stay on Agnarr or at the minimum keep the majority of their characters on Agnarr to play even once they transferred one of their characters to another server.

I see Agnarr as a server that moving forward would be a home base for the majority of the EQ community. It's the server where everybody has 2 to 3 characters that they play every now and then with a lot playing their exclusively. Every time someone gets the urge to start up a new alt, I imagine them starting it on Agnarr, so they can hand their twink gear down to em, and enjoy the older content as they level it up.

I think your seeing the option to transfer off as the exodus of the population, and I think that is incorrect. Agnarr has the potential to be THE server that everybody calls home with the other servers being that place where they raid on their main so to speak.
  10. jack of all trades Elder

No. The people defending this are ones that see the actual benefit and aren't pretending it's an issue on these servers. Your guild has killed Phinny 28 times, but haven't seen a Mage Water Staff? Buy a . Cazic Thule has been a PITA? Buy a Soul Leech.

Don't like it? Don't pay. Simple as that. If someone is able to kill stuff 6boxing, then you should be able to do the same with 6 guildies - Go farm it!
  11. MaxTheLion Augur

Your way of thinking is from a different universe. I would NEVER make an alt on a server in which I don't have time already invested. The benefit of having a well equipped main is to advance the alt quicker. I believe the people who came back to play on Agnarr for the nostalgia found it quickly and then once it passed, are no longer happy with the idea of a locked content server. Not that Agnarr was / is a bad idea since it has its place but don't start on that server if you want to go beyond what it was intended for. All these requests to transfer off are .
  12. Risiko Augur

Well see that is where you and I are different. I have played on numerous EQ servers. I start alts and play them up all the time. I like meeting new people. I like making new friends. I love playing new characters.

The Live servers fit your kind of play style. The TLP servers fit my kind of play style. So, see both types of servers have a reason to exist. The both serve different kinds of players.

There is room in the world for more than one kind of player. We all have our own needs and desires, and thank God we are not all exactly the same because that would get boring real fast.
  13. MaxTheLion Augur

I don't see how you're defending your original stance. I already said each server has its place. However, you mention Agnarr as a "home base for the majority of the EQ community" where they can "enjoy the older content". I'm straight up telling you you're wrong. Agnarr's population bar on the EQ home page shows a decrease since creation and the server isn't even in it's third expansion, let alone the one where it won't progress past. If you learn anything from commerce and entertainment, it's that the majority of people want the next best thing and tire easily of repetition. Couple that with the fact that Agnarr has had some of the most 'toxic' playerbase and you'll have many unhappy people. My gripe comes with the continued assumption that Agnarr will/might get some kind of transfer once it reaches PoP. (Until a rep specifically states it, don't put your eggs in that basket or make up) Anybody on the server signed up for that specific ruleset. Don't buy a tricycle and and moan after a few weeks about wanting a bicycle instead just because the tricycle is no longer thrilling.
  14. Accipiter Old Timer

LOL, wanna bet? I have 9 level 60s on Agnarr. I've gone back to Phinny until Velious releases. A month into Velious and I'll go back to Phinny again. Rinse and repeat for Luclin. I doubt I'll play in PoP at all on Agnarr. I will dump my 9 characters on Agnarr without so much as a second thought.
  15. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

If this were true, you wouldn't be on this forum EVERY DAY asking for things to change. You WANT the TLP servers to fit your style of play, but lets be honest Risiko, the only thing that fits your style of play has not existed in 15 years, and will most likely never exist again.

I won't give you a hard time over the other things that are wrong with your post, because at this point, I'm so desensitized to your nonsense that I really am starting to think you are an elaborate troll. You are the ONLY person playing EQ right now who thinks Agnarr will be a "Home Base" of the EQ community, now or in the future.
  16. Risiko Augur

Any prediction of outcomes stated as fact before it happens is nothing more than speculation.

How about we just agree to disagree, and then we will meet back up on May 24th, 2018 to see who was right? You may be right, but only time will tell.
  17. MaxTheLion Augur

Not much speculation involved when I'm basing my statements off the many posts by other members. At this point it's subjective probability.
  18. Risiko Augur

So, you're predicting the future by basing it on what people have said on a forum.

If I remember correctly, people on the forums also said:
    1. Dark Age of Camelot was going to kill Everquest... wrong
    2. Shadowrun was going to kill Everquest... wrong
    3. World of Warcraft was going to kill Everquest... wrong
    4. Vanguard was going to kill Everquest... wrong
    5. They will never give the other healer classes the ability to rez in game... wrong
    6. [enter any triple A MMORPG released after Everquest here] was going to kill Everquest... wrong
    7. They will never make Everquest in to a a free to play game... wrong
    8. They will never allow RMT in Everquest... wrong (its gone now, but there was a built in RMT site for Everquest and Everquest 2 for a while... it since shut down)
    9. They will never make a TLP server... wrong
    10. They will never make another TLP server... wrong
    11. They will never make an expansion locked TLP server... wrong
    12. They will never ignore their customers again after the SWG NGE issue (stated BY THE CEO of SoE at time no less)... wrong
    13. They will never make old world raid content instanced because dirty casuals don't deserve to kill Naggy... wrong
    Seriously, if you made predictions based on what you read on these forums all the time, you would be wrong the vast majority of the time.
  19. AgentofChange Augur

I'm pretty sure wow did kill EQ & we are all just necrophiliacs
    McJumps likes this.
  20. Risiko Augur

Hold it. You mean I have been giving money to a company for a game that does not exist for all these years? So... I've been just sitting at my computer imagining I am playing Everquest all this time. That explains why nothing makes sense now.