Enchanter O pewp button

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rattasmack, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Mintalie Augur

AE memblur AA is your friend. Also get the single-target memblur belt from ages and ages ago--I think Underfoot? Surely a real enchanter can link it for you. ;)
    RPoo likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

RPoo and Mintalie like this.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

All good info in the link that you posted that applies to us.

Lull, obviously.

I use single target banish a lot for pulls. Banish the mob you don't want.

You can use a pet for the sacrifice play.

You can charm the closest mob and let it tank for you while you throw down the CC. Since i like to charm I often pull just by sending my pet into the room and then locking the room down.

AE mez the room. Splash mez if you can't get LOS.

Just a few options. I try to use friendly stasis first when I can to keep stasis up since its faster when needed.
  4. Dovhesi Elder

We also have a single target memblur AA as well.
  5. RPoo Augur

Mine looks like this until they merge the dimentional stuff I'd add first spire to try to fire if it's available.
    /alt activate 492 ;dimentional shield
    /alt activate 639 ;dimentional instability
    /alt activate 2200 ;rune of banishment
    /alt activate 413 ;mind over matter
    /useitem diplomatic papers
  6. Mazame Augur

Pulling as a chanter is done many different ways based on your group and what your trying to accomplish.

If you want single you can AE mez the group and then break on bring it back and fade/blur the rest off.
    I use this when I want to pull a named out of a group. most the trash will mez and the name comes solo.

if your lining up mob for the group to kill then you can pull with tash and run to group sin around and beam them then lock them down.

With a good tank I will mass pull and run over the top of the tank and let him just grab them all.

You can also punt pull, pacify pull, charm pull (I like this one for pulling far away PHer. Charm the PH and then walk back to camp with out a lot of adds.)

Another good was to pull is to use Stuns. this will give you time to get out of their cast range so they can't snare you as your running back to camp.

All in all if you want to pull as a chanter the best guide is to go out and do it. Don't limit your self to one type of pulling use all your skills and think out side the box.
    Vumad and Tucoh like this.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

Great examples.

You can also split with self/friendly stasis as a fade.

A tag team with a necro or SK is amazingly powerful. Pull everything, necro snare the named close to camp and FDs, you continue off with the train and stasis. Exceptional way to get a specific mob out of a large group or long pull.
  8. Zamiam Augur

aren't most named immune to run speed changes ? so how does necro snare named then FD ?
  9. Vumad Cape Wearer

You're probably right. My bad. When using stasis to split I'm not the guy tagging. Forgive me for that error. It probably works off that whole assist aggro concept. I guess I never thought about why it works that deeply.
  10. Fian Augur

As an enchanter, mez is your most effective pulling tool. You need to understand which mobs will assist when you mez one mob. If you get it wrong, that is what self stasis or friendly stasis is for. If mezzing one mob brings more than you like, then you can hit self stasis, and then mez one of the mobs that was chasing you so you have one less to deal with. If you still don't have a single mob, then you would have to consider AE options.

Some more considerations - mez resists breaks the plan above. You have 2 near irresistible mezzes - Deluding Flash and Noctambulate. Use those first to ensure the mob you want out of the fight is actually out of the fight. Focus Arcanum can also help with mezz resists, although it is hardly a guarantee. Also, you will probably want to blur the mobs you mez while the group kills the mob that is active.

If mobs are not mezzable, then you should try and avoid being puller. But if you still want to try, there is lull and root.