Enchanter O pewp button

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rattasmack, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Rattasmack New Member

So I'm curious what everyone is smashing when stuff hits the fan. With numerous options to drop aggro, rune, mezz, reduce melee abilities, stun, etc. What does your O pewp button look like?

I'd also be interested in not only seeing how you have your hotkeys set up, but your rationale on why you feel it works best, so please add the flavor!

Thanks!
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Cauldron door...

...I have no problem popping a merc coming back in.

Seriously, you are talking about different situations and I generally have a way of dealing with each on my chanter, and not just a mash key with a bunch of stuff. Mezzing is the right answer many times, but sometimes a punt is great. Or an AE stun.
  3. Verily Tjark Augur

Self Stasis and laugh as people die... then Friendly Stasis on myself if people are still dying while I laugh some more.
    Trick, Diptera, Saer-tse-tao and 7 others like this.
  4. Vumad Cape Wearer

My go to is doppleganger or eldrich rune, but writing a true oh button is on my list of things to do. There's no reason you can't make a single hotkey that activates eldrich rune, rune of banish, reactive rune, 1st spire, etc.
    eqgamer likes this.
  5. Rattasmack New Member

Vumad, that's really what i'm getting at. I know that based on the situation I should be mezzing, punting, etc. I guess I'm wondering if others have a hot key that kicks off a few things that you mash when you're getting beat on. Runes (if so, which ones), doppelganger, 1st spire...
  6. Verily Tjark Augur

Maintaining Poly Rune on yourself, if mobs are stunnable, is usually enough for me to maintain control in most situations... when that AE stun fires as the rune fades, it gives you time to gain control. I usually go for an AE mez, Perplexing Wave, and then I refresh my rune. You only get 1 poly rune refresh now tho with the stupid recast. Not saying that's the best way, but it usually works for me.

I lIke the hotkey idea. Maybe I would use those AA more if I could press 1 button... guess I have homework now.
  7. Vumad Cape Wearer

Open your AA tab and at the bottom select "Can activate". This will show you all of the non-passive skills.

Check your archtype, but mainly your class tab, and sort using the timer filter.

Anything that can NOT be used together will be on the same timer. For example, all of the spires are on the same timer. This means that 1st Spire is not a great choice for your oh button because using it locks out your 2nd and 3rd spire, which might be better saved for a better moment.

The timer filters will NOT show you what stacks. For instance if you use 3rd spire with IoG one will be wasted. Same thing with second spire and our robe.

Once you pick your AAs you want to use, look at the description and at the top there is an ability number.

Say for instance you want an oh key to be dopple ganger, eldrich rune and mind over matter.

/alt act 173
    /alt act 261
    /alt act 413

If you are having lag issues, you can add a pause between abilities bu putting the pause in front. The pause is written first, but happens second. Pauses are tenths of seconds so 3 is 0.3 seconds and 30 is 3 seconds.

/pause 3, /alt act 173
    etc.

You can set up for one giant defensive, or two smaller defensives, or so forth.

Lastly, these keys will not display your refresh times, so putting a hotkey for the ability next to your oh button will give you a visible representation of when your key is refreshed.

I agree with you about that, but as my strength goes up, my need for those abilities go down. I am stronger than most enchanters but still 25% weaker than our top enchanter. The way I play is different than them because they can face tank a lot more than I can, and I can face tank more than a lot of other enchanters. I try to keep that in mind (not to imply you don't, just having a discussion).

There is certain content, such as raids, where I can get 2 rounded. In that content I will hit doppleganger the second I get aggro without any consideration for the situation otherwise. TBL has also made it frustrating to maintain runes, so even in the easier content I have found that I am now strong enough to just skip my runes all together and use my AAs instead.
    Borm FV likes this.
  8. Vumad Cape Wearer

This also applies to burns. You can use the same method as above to make a single key that fires off IoG, Haze, twincast and so forth.
  9. Metanis Bad Company

I use a lot of hot buttons. I find that I quickly forget what all those Alt Activate numbers stand for. Well it turns out you can put text on the line after them that the game ignores. So in effect you can create comments. I always use comments now for quick readability and understanding at a later date!

/alt act 173 ;Doppelganger
    /alt act 261 ;Eldrich Rune
    /alt act 413 ;Mind Over Matter
    Svann2, KarmaKitty, Behelit and 2 others like this.
  10. Vumad Cape Wearer

Great tip. I didn't know about that.

You should post Regnad's alliance gina triggers sometime. Got that working last night. Good stuff.
  11. Rattasmack New Member

Awesome info guys, thanks for everyone's thoughts. I too have some homework tonight...
  12. Whulfgar Augur

I play my alt chanter only in grp content not even in open raids of any kind.

Having stated such, My oh key is as Follows ..

Beam of Slumber ..
    Wave mez ..
    AE punt / root ..
    Stasis ..

Then I just run over an use rez tokens to get up an deaded pee oppleez .. in the grp then.
  13. Verily Tjark Augur

Yeah sorry, full disclosure... I am max AA and fully raid geared. So that definitely factors into what AA I use or don't use in this case.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

Just have to be careful with AE banish. It goes through walls and other weird stuff and in certain zones causes huge trains. I have it on hotkey, but I am careful about how I use it. Not sure if you have had similar experiences.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

Hence.. the stasis last line bro.

No matter what that key will get you outta trouble in almost any situation your in .. ( again in group game.. )
    Black and Verily Tjark like this.
  16. Verily Tjark Augur

With new change idk... 18 seconds is a big difference. A lot of times mobs aren't pathing back to their spawn points before 20ish seconds. Which I'm assuming is why they went down to 18 seconds from 30 seconds.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

Considering the root of the punt ..

Pathing back after 30 sec does not matter.. they rooted in place, an thus the stasis will work. I will test this extensively today.
    Verily Tjark likes this.
  18. Verily Tjark Augur

Well yea if you punt first... I was thinking with the Phantasmal Step, we can move away and then hit stasis too.
  19. Mintalie Augur

Redundant--stasis works every time in the punt-aggro scenario. It's one of my favorite go-to tools if things get hinky.
    Whulfgar and RPoo like this.
  20. Tucoh Augur

This thread has come at a really good time in my development of using my enchanter.

Question: Does there exist a pulling guide for enchanters that is similar to the one for bards?

https://everquest.fandom.com/wiki/Pulling_Guide

I get that that most of the stuff in that guide is relevant for any pulling, but I'm just looking to pick up some tricks to speed up and control my enchanter's pulls.