Enchanter Debuff Order (Need Wizard input too)

Discussion in 'Casters' started by Qest T. Silverclaw, Nov 22, 2013.

1. RPoo Augur

If you play in third person, the use of an eye won't effect your view much, unless you need to move for some reason (following cues in raids, positioning for distance for mezes or LoS). Also it's good manners to not mez the actual mob if there's a mage or necro using their pet on it. That's another time I'd use an eye instead, if there's not multiples in camp.
    "Is there any evidence that Weakness is good for anything when stacked with Demolished Consciousness?"
    If you're going to go all out on full debuffs like you suggest is absolutely necessary given your crappy groups, then why not throw weakness in as suggested?
    As much as I dislike Dandin as a person, he has many good points as a chanter.
  2. Dandin Augur

I had decided against posting, Yet again on this thread, because I believed Renaii had answered your questions, But. Since you felt the need to call me BACK here, I will restate, again. what has been stated already.

I apply Deep Sleep. But I don't use any tactics to do so besides my normal DPS rotation, because in my opinion, Lowering the fight's overall time frame is going to reduce the damage the tank takes.

Understand? Less fight time = Less Hits tank takes = Less Damage Tank has to absorb.

There is an exception to this. And this is in Raid format. I will hit Deep Sleep via stasis on a fairly difficult Raid encounter, particularly due to the fact that my normal DPS rotation will not apply Deep Sleep as an added bonus, due to the fact that "Raid NPC's are largely non mezzable" (Boss fights)

I do this because the small DPS Reduction i would take in A RAID setting (IE the fight is longer then my Full Burn) is worth the extra damage reduction that Deep Sleep Offers.

TLDR? Only use "Stasis Tactic" to apply Deep sleep on a raid encounter setting. as the Proc rate is >25% it seems, and that means you are wasting 5-6 seconds. In a group fight or group named mob. your better off to apply DPS to reduce the NPC's health. to keep the tank within his "Discipline Scope" Meaning. Kill it before the tank runs out of defensive discipline stance.

Simple mathematics. Demolished Consiousness (IE Cripple) Reduces a mobs DPS by a larger degree then Confounding Constriction. Reducing AGI STR DEX by 277 is a larger amount then you might think. Factor in the AC reduction in and your melee are now doing more DPS (albeit a small % more). Now factor in the Dual wield drop by 16% and it becomes clear that a reduction of all skills by 9% pales in comparison.

Not to mention, as I'll say again, the DOT DPS that that "Debuff" offers isn't worth the cast in a group or group named situation, Now. As i said before will deep sleep.

I will apply this aftter cripple in a raid format, because the loss of a few seconds isn't going to factor in on my DPS that much (assuming i am DPSing at all on the given event).

It's all about Min/Max Qest. Think about it.

Well, You asked about debuff order, So I simply took it a step further, By showing you our most important debuffs in order of most important to least.

Any reduction in mobs DPS is good. so if you are having issues with your tank staying alive, as you stated earlier, I am merely giving you another tool to help in that manner.

I would personally put 150 thousand plat down and say that mobs CERTAINLY DO have more then 255 Strength. Although, We have no way of legally obtaining these numbers to be certain, but parses of a mob VS a player certainly demonstrate high stat values on all NPC's and guess what. they keep getting higher.

So, As i stated earlier. even if weakness only lowers a mob DPS by even a FRACTION of a percentage. in your situation, you may consider utilizing it.

Now. You state that you dont care to DPS. So.. I provided you with a list of tools to max debuff.

Knowledge is power Qest. the more you know about an event or NPC that you are facing ESPECIALLY AS AN ENCHANTER. The more of an educated choice you can make based on the knowledge you obtained. Never walk into a battle without knowing your opponent

If a mob pops mezzable adds, Am i going to use my tactic? No of course not. I can use them as a "Chaos Point". If the mob takes off running during the event, am i going to use my tactic? no because i need to be able to see through my eyes to track my movements.

in terms of general situational awareness, If you play in third person, I would go on a limb and say the eye gives you a BETTER idea of what is going on, Because you can run around and SCOUT the AREA, but NEVER STOP your rotation. In addition to this. You can get pretargets and slap them on your extended target window BEFORE they agro you. Thus if you have a wanderer. You can be looking for him as you fight his friend, Or. You could be watching a spawn point for a particular mob, WHILE FIGHTING ANOTHER.

Stay within your own cast range, and your golden.

Well your right on this one. But. Like i said man, timing is everything. I don't know what you expect me to say to this.

Arcane Disjunction Aura =/= Tash. Completely different spell line, with completely different Magic Resist reductions. Look

If you want AE Tash, use Bite of Tashani. (AA -- Activated -- Class Tab) The aura is there to AUGMENT the Magic resist modifiers at your disposal, Not REPLACE them.

Not using Tash, or pulling with something else, Now that's just being lazy.
  3. Mykaylla Augur

Just want to clarify this point since it was quoted. Wake of Atrophy does indeed reduce maximum hit points. When it wears off (or is manually clicked off), if there is not a lot of other damage incoming on the target to obscure it, you will see the percentage-based hp bar change, not because the mob now has more or less hit points than when you applied Wake of Atrophy, but because its' maximum pool has been altered. If there is no other damage coming in, and a mob has high regen, it will regain the HP you took from it, but a mob only needs a fully recognized server tick of Wake of Atrophy at the beginning when it spawns or paths through (I used to drop one on Valley of Lunanyn when offnight raiding it as an example) to have its' max HP adjusted to provide "virtual damage" if you will, at which point you can remove it and cast another aura. Also, IF someone damages a mob below the % of hit points that Wake of Atrophy alters (1/2/3%, depending on rank), then Wake of Atrophy will do nothing- mob has 100,000 hp at full health, you apply Wake of Atrophy to it, it now has 97,000 hp at full health; mob has 100,000 hp, someone nukes it for 50,000, it now has 50,000 hp, you apply Wake of Atrophy, its' max hp total is now 97,000, *but it is already under that total*.

The real question around Wake of Atrophy, is *when* it is useful- and primarily, that's on raids, where you can lay it down before it mob triggers or something spawns to get maximum benefit, and the hp pools are much higher.
    Dandin likes this.