Email marketing for non eq1 games...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sheex, May 21, 2015.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I disagree that with the game getting far fewer resources as each year we should be worrying about getting an occasional game ad we don't want. But I respect your right to disagree with me.

I do think that simply adding these to your spam filter would be a very easy fix. But I understand you want to stand on principal in this case.

I am also sorry if I offended you. I just think we have bigger fish to fry then an occasional email.

I do think that calling characterizing my posts in general as frivolous is beneath you and I a sure you were raised better. But I guess for some attacking the person and not the position is easier for the less capable at debate. BUT to be completely fair I find the particular issue of receiving non EQ email from Daybreak to be a bit frivolous too so maybe I am just as bad.

I do find it sad that while Radarx is trying to gather info people are picking apart what he said while gathering that information. It seems some people will complain about anything.

FYI though the forums have not outlawed fun so occasionally I will post fun and yes even funny things. Its a game forum... for games... you know fun things...
  2. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Spam is spam, this is the 4th time it's happened recently and Roshen/Radar both said it shouldn't be, so reporting it is a good thing.

...and compared to threads you've started on topics like "it's Friday smile :))))" and posts in others defending giving a company complete access to your PC, this thread is a bastion of wisdom and sense in comparison. IE, it's pretty silly to question a legit thread as the type of poster that starts some pretty off topic and frivolous ones themself.

The game having fewer resources =/= the abandonment of long established, proper and consistent marketing tactics.
    Mayfaire likes this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Luckily I am quite happy with my posting on the forums and I get a lot of likes from some of my more light hearted posts.

You need to lighten up some is my suggestion as its not very healthy to be so wound up.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Ignorance is bliss.

Have a nice afternoon.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I have the respect of those on the forum whose opinions I value so I am good. Does it really bother you so much? I see lots of posts I disagree with but I don't think they actually upset me as much as you get upset.
  6. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I'm not upset. The spam is a mild annoyance, but deserves to be reported, especially since DBG employees have repeatedly told us it shouldn't be happening, but it is, so I'm reporting it.

But when someone with a hyperactive pension for posting and one who has shown themself to have very limited tech understanding posts on a legit thread I started saying it's no big deal, not going to sit on my hands. Nor am I going to argue with you about the merits of your various other posts. But please don't derail this one any further, it's an extremely legitimate topic.

Thanks.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

You are the one who started talking about my various posts in this thread. I made a direct comment on the thread stating my opinion of the situation. You decided to make it personal for whatever reason. I am sure I have disagreed with many of your posts but that is ok.

If you stop responding to me and talking about your dislike of my posting style I am sure we can keep the thread on topic. But lets be fair if you choose to keep the conversation going do not be surprised if I respond. To be fair you started the conversation about all my posts.

I do suggest until Daybreak fixes this issue that everyone add the other games to their spam filters to avoid being bothered by the issue while Daybreak addresses it. It would appear Radarx is addressing the issue and gathering information so objective achieved.
  8. Glace Journeyman

I also received DConline marketing email. Each of my accounts are marked EQ1 only. I only received one and happily it ended up in my junk folder.

Please Sheex and Corwyn, take the derail to PMs. Thanks :p
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I took the initiative to do just that. Sorry for the inconvenience. :)
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Two more emails for Planetside this morning gents. Any word on a fix for this very minor issue?
  11. ohmy Elder

At this point, I'm ' concerned ' to even click that link. Forget that idea :)

Understand, a lot of players are losing there toons.. and getting them back.. there must be something wrong going on.

A lot of players looking for help on the forums.. with no one replying from Daybreak as if they are being ignored..

CS using Twitter instead of being on here. Why?

What is keeping the staff from helping out the forums?
    Must be something interesting.

I am not saying, but I have a feeling things aren't that secure anymore with a grip of players stating they got banned or tons removing. Why?
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Losing toons and getting them back are server error issues not security issues.