Email marketing for non eq1 games...

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Sheex, May 21, 2015.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Not sure if this is the best place to post this, but is anyone else receiving DBG marketing emails from games they're not opted into?

Just got an email about DC Universe online which I've a) never played, b) will never play and c) am *not* selected to be opted in to email communication on for any of my accounts.

Sup?
  2. guado Augur

Same, I double checked my email preferences and had only EverQuest checked. I don't care if there are "new gods" DCUO is not my fancy.
    Just reread that. You have nothing checked yet received an email? Sheesh.
  3. guado Augur

not cool. totally didn't sign up for this
    [IMG]
    Battle for New Genesis in Halls of Power Part II!
    [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Poison Ivy and Swamp Thing have sprung up again to battle over Gotham City. Do your part to prune some weeds and earn new Spring rewards this month!
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]

4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

...and got more of these last night about planetside2....again, *only* opted into eq1 communication. Anyone else?
  5. RadarX Augur

6. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

Its strange because I am opted in for these types of emails but I never get them.
  7. Koryu Professional Roadkill

Eyo, I just followed the link and verified I only had EverQuest 1 checked, but I did receive an email regarding Planetside 2 yesterday. If it is helpful, that is the only Daybreak email I've received for a non-EQ game so far. May not be the case for others.
  8. RadarX Augur

We also do what we call segmenting when doing emails which targets groups. For instance you might only get an email if you played in the last 90 days or maybe if you have you wouldn't get one at all. What I want to verify is folks aren't getting emails they aren't opted in for.
  9. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Since SWG and Vanguard shut down, I have only had EQ1 set as a preference. The only emails I have received in the last few months were EQ related. I have not in the last few days received any DCUO related emails. Hope that helps RadarX.
  10. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

11. Scila Augur

Verified 2 accounts as well planetside email received :(
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

The Dragon Prophet check, does that send out just the US version or does it do the European Version depending on where you are? Or does it send both?

Also slightly off topic is Dragon Prophet now included in all access? Played around with it in beta, struggled with it and I'm thinking about trying it again.
  13. RadarX Augur

The EU version is through a different publisher so no it would just be from us.
  14. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I hope this does not mean that we are targeted despite our saying we don't want non-EQ email. That is the definition of spam.

The double negatives in your statement are confusing.

All I can tell you is that I have ONLY EQ checked and I have still received the two non-EQ email messages.

Since your statements are unclear, let me make mine totally clear:

I have had for years now my email options at SOE, and now Daybreak, say I only want EQ email and that I do not want any other game email. Yet I have gotten the two non-EQ email messages reported (DC Universe and PlanetSide 2). Now, I can ignore them but it comes down to your company has told me I would not get them and yet I have.

This is not a big deal and I can just ignore them. But I thought you guys at Daybreak would want to know your email server email decisions are not working correctly.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

And just happened a 3rd time on both accounts for dc universe online....
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I got DC Universe:
    The Summer Kickoff Sale Starts Today!‏

on June 11.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

*sighs* is this really worth anyone's time? I am opted in on everything but if I wasn't I have gotten far worse junk mail then this.
  18. guado Augur

19. guado Augur

Pretty annoying
    [IMG]
    Don’t Miss Out! Log in now and save big in the Marketplace. Problems Viewing This Email? Click Here.
    [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    Save up to 75% or more on almost everything in the in-game marketplace now! Hurry! The sale is only happening for a limited time.
    [IMG]

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    Game | Media | Community | Forums

This email contains promotional, advertising or marketing materials.

Don’t miss anything! Add day‌break@‌e‌mail.daybreakga‌mes.co‌m to your Contacts.

This marketing message was sent to: mikechiarenza@gmail.com
    Change your email settings or Unsubscribe.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

For all the (often quite frivolous) posting you do, *really*?

Being marketed to after opting out isn't a good thing and yes it's absolutely worth their time to figure out and stop.
    Rila and Glace like this.