Druid DoTs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Soriano, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Brohg Augur

what the what
    Reynen likes this.
  2. Sindaiann Augur

All I can do is laugh.

BYE FELICIA
  3. Zamiam Augur

lol for someone who is GONE sure does chat alot on these forums ..
  4. MrMajestykx Augur

what a busy afterlie Soriano is having not to mention a huge bong somewhere nearby based on this postings here.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yeah, with comedy gold like that, now I kinda wish he would stay :)
  6. disgruntled Augur

You guys mocking him are total dicks. A player expresses frustration and all you can do is push him and a hundred others like him away. You deny dropping server populations and stick your head in the sand. How is DBG going to hear our dissatisfaction when you fill up threads with your middle school bullying?

I would have said to him, "A druid outparsed a wizard on a Triton raid two nights ago. It might not turn out as badly as you fear."

There's a dozen things you guys could have done but you did none of them. Useless pieces of dross!
  7. Brohg Augur

If you'd posted that, disgruntled, you would have been one of those saying the exact same thing the rest of us have. OP is uninterested in your elitist bull (anything after level 65)
  8. Reynen Journeyman

We don't really need those players. I prefer to see the game dead than being surrounded by people like him for my gaming experience.
    Sindaiann and Coronay like this.
  9. Imak Augur

10. disgruntled Augur

Your choice but seriously short-sighted.
  11. Celestias Journeyman

Returning player from 2000 era EQ, re-subbed for a year only to read about this sad change... hopefully the devs will do something to preserve the early game for these classes.
  12. p2aa Augur

For someone that should have left the game, this guy still speaks a lot.
    I didn't know that casting some special spell was increasing the chance to drop a certain loot on mob lol, that was a golden comment yeah.
    He didn't complain only on his class, but started to criticize live server players gameplay, see my answer I made to his posts in this thread.
    Everyone has seen his class taking some hit over the years, threatening to quit if this isn't reverted is childish behaviour. Live with it, or leave the game, but don't spread all this drama on boards, and also criticizing others.
    Sindaiann, Tatanka and Reynen like this.
  13. Tryfan New Member

Played a Druid since 2000 and still enjoy the class. The changes are something to adjust to, but they aren't detrimental in my opinion. I actually like not having to mem multiple DOTs and can use those spell gems for something else.

Just to add, that if the changes have put you off playing that class, then take advantage of the currently free Heroic toon slot and make something completely different for a change. Or, alter the way that you play the Druid, to challenge yourself to a different approach and add risk and challenge back again. I really can't stand doing solo root/snare DOT since I was camping the dwarfs in Butcherblock :D Anything too repetitive makes my eyes feel heavy and start thinking of logging off!
    Reynen likes this.
  14. Ultrazen Augur

Any time you have a game this old, you should be very very careful about making *any* changes to the way a class plays.

1. Is it *really* needed? Is it something that is game breaking.

2. Will the benefit of changing it, outweigh what will almost certainly be pissed off players.

If the answer to either one of those questions is no, leave it alone.

Game development made easy, you're welcome.
  15. Chaosflux Augur

That would be true if the game was the same. However EQ in 2017 is hardly recognized izable from the version we had in 1999.
    Perplexed likes this.
  16. Biltene Kingslayer

1) Yes, the DoT revamps need to happen. It's obvious that the immense undertaking of redoing the DoTs for all classes that use them was either much easier than upping the debuff limit, or just a design choice that makes sense, since they'd rather players use current content for the level they are, rather than casting spells that are many expansions old. I'm betting it's the former.

2) Yes, since I'm pretty sure the druids on live are the opposite of pissed off. While I'll agree that the lower level DoTs need to be adjusted to account for the change, EQ's updates should reflect the current population playing the modern game, and not the people that can only be bothered to play when there happens to be a server that caters to the narrow period that makes them feel the rose-colored nostalgia.
    disgruntled likes this.
  17. Chaosflux Augur

Just remember those rose colored glasses wearing folks and the revenue they bring in (and it's substantial have you seen Phinney population lately?) allow it so you can continue getting those updates.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Will let you in on a little sekret, friend. As with almost all of those servers....

[IMG]

(Winter is coming)
    disgruntled likes this.
  19. Chaosflux Augur

Brosephis I didn't say that wasn't the case, but money is money, and just a guesstimate they made a profit on the server.

Also 21 raiding guilds aren't just going to quit overnight attrition will be slower then it was on Fippy (which lasted till TSS).

Milk that cow I say, if they have to finagle revamped dots for low levels who cares.
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Indeed Broheim, indeed. I'm legit curious what will happen, tbh, between Agnar and the fickle-wuah-boared-expansion-I-don't-like-wuah exodus that always happens when those servers get out of the lvl 60-65 cap era. If more than 1-2 of those guilds actually catch up to live, I'd be shocked.

TLP just seems like a nostalgia/kronograb destined to recycle endlessly to me, which is catering to a specific type of player who generally isn't in it for the long haul.