Druid DoTs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Soriano, Mar 17, 2017.

1. Soriano Augur

And they should not be making such changes in the core mechanics of a class...in a game established this long...

I supported this game until those changes started to effect my game play...Now they have...so they are losing actually two accounts...

If slowly losing more and more accounts...is your goal...you are doing just great...
  2. Soriano Augur

The game has been on life support for a decade...someone is pulling the plug..and it is not me...

I am just pulling my financial support...

enjoy the abomination they leave behind...
    disgruntled likes this.
  3. Soriano Augur

It started with the adding of defiant armor...and has gone down hill since that day...

turning what was and has been a fun game into a cookie cutter...
  4. Ghubuk Augur

Life support for a decade?! That's pretty good support I would say!
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  5. Reynen Journeyman

I'm not sure how we're going to make it without your contributions to this game :/
    MrMajestykx likes this.
  6. Soriano Augur

You will make it just fine...for a while...

See ya EQ!!!

(No you can not have my stuff) most of it is no drop anyway and way behind the live gear...lol
  7. Soriano Augur

Your reading comprehension is crap...

I did not say the game was destroyed 10 years ago...I said it started going in the wrong direction...

I am not a returning player...

I have had active accounts since 2000...

Sure the game will survive without me...

but you ate running out of me's lol...

there are very few that sustained multiple subscriptions for as long as I have...

I quit serious end game raiding after Demiplane...

I enjoy serious end game raiding up until about that point...

So Progression Servers were the answer for me...

I have played every class and completely enjoy two...druid and enchanter...

making such a change to the class I enjoyed the most that is probably good at level 100...

but is devastating to the game play pre level 70...which destroys the Druid on progression servers...

put pre 70 Dots back the way they were...change the DoTs so it only effects the post 70 druid...
  8. Repthor Augur

cya when you come back. Have fun outside the house ?
  9. Whulfgar Augur

Kick rocks then .. Mr Doom an gloom ain't nobody care you headed out.. ain't nobody care if anyone quits or not ..

Later ..
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

holy crap this guy has a lot to say, all while supposedly heading out the door. Just go, already.
    Reynen likes this.
  11. niftymat New Member

It's you people that love to put down someone who is upset about changes being made to something they have invested a lot of time and energy on, that are the problem. Do you really think your sophomoric replies are all that? instead of trying to receive pats on the back for being oh so clever why not just try being empathetic. Try listening.
  12. Zamiam Augur

^ soriano is that you .. thought you left .. let me help ya <door closing>
  13. Reynen Journeyman

I have 0 empathy for people desperately looking for attention and to vent over and over on a forum. That is just annoying, everyone should do an effort but him? He mentionned never going over lvl 80 so he didn't invest that much time and energy...
  14. Soriano Augur

I never expected for OTHER players to give a ...I have been around these forums long enough to know better...

The idea you people have that someone wants attention...is laughable...lol

It was to inform the developers what I thought on the more recent changes in the game...

You know sorta what these forums are supposed to be about...

My vested interest is 17 years of subscription fees....

Your approval nor acceptance of this is not necessary...

But truth be told I care just as much about your opinions as you seem to care about my opinion...

The difference is. I do not try and belittle you...
    disgruntled likes this.
  15. Soriano Augur

in case you have not noticed the all access no longer shows up next to my name...

I am as gone as it get with Everquest...

I am no longer paying any subscription fees...

That is GONE....lol

but all of a sudden watching all you players head explode is getting to be fun...lol

The way you guys CHEERLEAD players leaving the game...is become comical...

Eventually the reality of needing players of all classes to keep the game enjoyable is rather important...

Only druid you are going to see now will be ones that were BOUGHT...because no one is going to level a new one after this change...

But that appears to be good with the ignorant players!!!

FYI the ones SEEKING the attention are the ones making the sophomoric comments...LMFAO
    disgruntled likes this.
  16. Soriano Augur

What a fallacy...

I maintained an account from 2000 until just recently...

mostly due to paying a yearly subscription...for multiple accounts...

And I have not played on live servers since 2009?

So it is not only LIVE players who remained loyal...

You just want to believe that....lol
  17. Raccoo Augur

Shaman lost their 27k base tick dot with the recent nerf. For some reason druids kept theirs, even though apparently it can be boosted even greater than the shaman dots could, with the change to Chaotic Haze. I think the enchanter dot gets boosted the same way with Chaotic Haze, but they have lower innate crit chance than druids and shaman.

I was less worried about mana, and more about agro with the changes.
  18. Brohg Augur

I think the only druids we won't see after this change are the ones whose preferred play style is taking months root-rotting single mobs from level 20-70 and then rerolling on the newest prog server before they're in danger of being expected to play well by those around them. Every other kind of druid (by which I mean to say "every druid but Soriano") will scoot right on up the levels by either joining groups, or quad kiting, or charming animals, or whatever else, no problem. They'll even mix in some revamp dots as they go up, maybe, with higher dps from their one spell gem without unloading everything else! Who knows - it's a brave new world! For the rest of us. Head along home now.

Or swap classes to Necromancer? They have a whole class-rockin' rewrite coming, you do have a bare couple months to wreck your life learning the old way if you like so you can flip your lid when their lives are improved, too.
    Sheex and Perplexed like this.
  19. Soriano Augur

There we go again cheerleading players leaving...lol

The ignorance is not you do not understand, the ignorance is you do not want to understand...

I have seen many NERFS over 17 years...

this is not a NERF...this is a complete change in the class...to satisfy the end game while destroying the it not only effects root rot methodology it creates a huge hole in the DPS of a druid at lower levels...at lower levels a druid does not have strong heals...does not have strong direct damage...they used to have strong dots...not anymore at the lower side of the game...

Again I can see how it would be great for a top end Druid...I do...GOT IT...

but you are refusing to see it is very bad for the class at lower level...which as a rule you have to go through to get to the top end...

Swarm dots yield better return on higher quality hides...or appear to...as a druid I could get tons of superb and flawless rockhopper hides using only stacked dots...these are also crucial to tailoring which important to a Halfling druid...

The change has far reaching impacts at the lower levels to go a new direction in the post 100 game...

it is a bad decision...
    disgruntled likes this.
  20. Soriano Augur

And love the assumption I do not play well because the post 70 game was no longer fun to me...

I was in the second guild on my server to enter Vex Thal and PoTime back when they were current...

I was in second Horde Guild in Wow to kill Onyxia across all servers...

I was in the top guild in Vanguard...although I never really got into that game...pretty grphic,,,but I did not care for the game design or the progression path...

Wow was a blast 1-60...only way too fast...rinse repeat for something that can take a couple years can be fun...rinse repeat for something that takes 3-4 months is a joke...

All this while maintaining my raid schedule in EQ...

which I never left or never unsubscribed to...

I quit raiding on Live right after Demiplane...

I play many characters...whatever is needed even on the newer progression servers I had three accounts with 3 and 4 top end characters...

I know how to level fast when I want to....lol

and I am not such a purist...I could live without ever doing the 1-20 game again...I have killed enough orcs in crushbone to last a lifetime...lol

I have been a loyal subscriber to EQ for close to two decades...

You do not care about my opinion...great...go kill a mob on live...enjoy life...

My message is only meant for those who control the marketing of this game...

If they do not care neither do I anymore....lol